09-25-2016 09:03 PM
41 12
tools
    I was just curious if anyone is in the same boat as me. I always want the latest and greatest phone and can never decide between android and ios.

I'm currently using a black s7 edge and a new black iPhone 7 (returning it for the plus though).
    Kiet189 likes this.
    09-19-2016 12:03 AM
    No. 1 device is enough.
    09-19-2016 12:22 AM
    @manni1to: Is common practice nowadays that Specially North-American

users got 2-3 devices. If one get bugged you've a spare-1 is expensive

like to have 2women-Hehe! : Personally I can't afford it and I think

lot users Worldwide buy 2nd hand phones..Let's donate ours-Bye
    09-19-2016 12:43 AM
    Until the Networks allow a mobile number to be allowed on more than one SIM card for consumer contracts I'll stick to one phone.
    09-19-2016 12:48 AM
    Until the Networks allow a mobile number to be allowed on more than one SIM card for consumer contracts I'll stick to one phone.
    I own a dual SIM S7 Edge so no issues there for me.

I used to have two devices, one for my personal number and the other for the work issues number, but both were Samsung Galaxies. As I upgrade, the older phone becomes the work phone. That stopped with the dual SIM S7 Edge though.
    09-19-2016 12:51 AM
    I own a dual SIM S7 Edge so no issues there for me.

I used to have two devices, one for my personal number and the other for the work issues number, but both were Samsung Galaxies. As I upgrade, the older phone becomes the work phone. That stopped with the dual SIM S7 Edge though.
    Nice.

I do not think that model of dual sim is available in the U.K.

Well not al least in the Samsung Experience Store I visited to buy my s7 edge.

The second sim slot. Does that just allow data use at 3G level or does it allow more ?
    09-19-2016 01:04 AM
    I use both android and iPhone. I love both for different reasons, I am trying to stick to one but dam.....I keep buying both. First world problems......
    DEman19901 likes this.
    09-19-2016 02:16 AM
    I actually use 3 different phones. BlackBerry PRIV for work, S7 edge and my new Note 7 will be here today for personal use.
    09-19-2016 02:32 AM
    Nice.

I do not think that model of dual sim is available in the U.K.

Well not al least in the Samsung Experience Store I visited to buy my s7 edge.

The second sim slot. Does that just allow data use at 3G level or does it allow more ?
    My phone is carrier locked, so only SIM 1 can use data (4G/LTE). I use a different carrier on SIM2. However there is in the settings options to set SIM2 for data. However, since that option is greyed out, I can't check if SIM2 can use 4G.
    09-19-2016 03:40 AM
    I also love both android and iOS. I switch between the ges7 and a 6 plus.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    09-19-2016 05:02 AM
    I used to use separate phones for work and personal as I get a new phone each year from work. But they're always a generation behind so I just use my work number as my personal also now and have a separate ringtone for work contacts so I know not to even look at the phone at the weekend.
    09-19-2016 07:58 AM
    I have six devices on my T-Mobile 6 line plan.

2 S7 Edge
    iPhone 6S
    iPhone 6S+
    iPhone 6
    Note 5
    Note Edge

Only one is my main number that I give out and the others, I just use more for the data plans then anything else. I'm just not ready to narrow it down to 1-2 phones. I usually bring the 6S+ (main phone) and either the Note 5 and one of the S7 Edge phones with me every day. I also use a prepaid T-Mobile $30 100 minute plan on the 7th phone occasionally.
    jianrong likes this.
    09-19-2016 08:11 AM
    I have the MS Lumia 950 XL and the Note 5. Both use a Nano SIM and I constantly switch from one to another. I love the WP and use it mostly but I switch to the Note 5 when there is an app is needed and not available on WP.

I purchased both used and have about $450 US invested in both. Gives me the best of both worlds for less than the latest and greatest. Sorry, I failed to mention that I don't consider iPhone to be part of my phone world. LOL
    09-19-2016 08:51 AM
    ive been thinking about doing this as I no longer have a home phone, maybe iphone and the galaxy to have the best of both worlds
    09-19-2016 10:04 AM
    I have 2 lines. I use my S7E on my main line and the Note 5 on my second line. I always get a new Samsung phone every year. But, I want to get the iPhone 7 Plus as my multimedia device but can't find one anywhere.
    09-19-2016 01:20 PM
    I have 2 main lines. I had a note 7 on one but returned it and am waiting to receive my new black 128gb iPhone 7 plus on Thursday. Then I'll have one of each again like I did before the note.
    09-19-2016 03:44 PM
    S7 Edge for personal

iPhone SE & iPad mini for work
    09-19-2016 04:16 PM
    I am currently using an iPhone 5s and a Galaxy S7E. Traded in an iPhone 6 for the edge. It always baffles me of the idiots that argue back and forth which one is better. Normally I would have ordered an iPhone 7 by now. After over a decade of smartphones they just don't do it for me anymore. Might even be done with "premium" phones for now. Maybe Motorola or OnePlus in the future. Paying $800 for a phone nowadays just seems stupid not that the tech has matured.
    Sam_Gs7 and jianrong like this.
    09-19-2016 04:49 PM
    With the permission of the OP=manni1to..I think we going Nowhere by posting
    the number of Phones we own. How about if the Next posters, beside report
    their devices--Address the importance of have more than-1 device too

There was a member, who mentioned the Convenience of our Carriers of let us
    Use the same Ph# in a 2nd device. Other members can refine my idea

Don't forget Apple +samSung and Phone Carriers monitors these forums and
    used our opinions on their Marketing projects. What doYou think-Androids

Note: I'm not excluding other Phone brands, but make No mistakes
    Apple and Samsung: Have the major percentage of users Worldwide
    09-19-2016 06:39 PM
    I have been using 2 for almost ten years. Originally Samsung and Blackberry. Now S7edge and S5 note.
    09-19-2016 11:33 PM
    I am currently using an iPhone 5s and a Galaxy S7E. Traded in an iPhone 6 for the edge. It always baffles me of the idiots that argue back and forth which one is better. Normally I would have ordered an iPhone 7 by now. After over a decade of smartphones they just don't do it for me anymore. Might even be done with "premium" phones for now. Maybe Motorola or OnePlus in the future. Paying $800 for a phone nowadays just seems stupid not that the tech has matured.
    Yup. It's not as impressive of an upgrade now as it would have been when the first iPhone came out. The iPhone 6s vs the iPhone 7 difference isn't worth it if you're paying that kind of price. You're paying 100% of the price, for a 5% upgrade in value. Skip a generation or two, then you'll see better results; longer battery, major jump in camera quality, speed, etc.

For the "Jet Black", I went into the Apple Store and it's nothing impressive. The front glass and the rear of the phone feels the same now. When I look at the jet black, It reminds me of my Anker battery pack. Black, shiny, fingerprint magnet, scratches easily. If you put a case on it, covering the back of the phone, does it matter if it's silver or black? shiny or matte?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-26800mA...cUvbUpU5431494

I convinced some people to stick with their iPhone 6/6s. They both can get the iOS10 update, use basically the same features. One person wanted the jet black, but is always clumsy and their phone is always in an Otterbox. I ask what does it matter what the phone color is, if it's constantly being covered?

I have the S7 Edge as my main, and iPhone 6s as my backup. I can just use the same SIM on either one.
    09-20-2016 12:37 AM
    Im contented as of this very seconds as im typing this with S7 Edge. Is good for bedtime reading. Hope it stay this way.
    09-20-2016 08:07 AM
    I just use one. Currently a Nexus 6p.
    09-20-2016 08:11 AM
    I took a chance and bought S7 Edge dual sim from a foreign importer just so that I could condense two phones into one - now its all working its the best decision I ever made - 'I love my 'phone' having only just moved into the 21st century with a smart phone and as a low user of social media I never thought I'd say that.
    09-20-2016 10:35 AM
    This might not be the right thread but since most ppl I've read on here carry both Apple and Android phones I figured I could vent to you all for a second if you don't mind. Plus yall will have better insight on the subject.

A young woman at work who is a pure apple fan (I'm talking like the stereotypical apple fan) if it isn't made by Apple she won't buy or even look at it. So we were discussing the iPhone 7 hissing phenomenon and the galaxy note 7 fires, just general conversation and then she said loves only iPhone's because their sleek, and run smooth and look cool....... I said yeah ios is a smoother operating system because of apples pure control over it. But Android has definitely got better. I also explained many of the features she loves on her iPhone were on Android phones a couple yrs or more before the iPhone. She just kindve brushed me off from that statement.

So then we get on appearance, she says iPhone's are so sleek and look good and made with good quality while on the other hand, Samsung phones are bulky and made cheaply. I said um have you even seen the latest Samsung phones? She said no cuz I only pay attention to iPhone's. So I take my s7 edge out the mophie case and compare it to her iPhone 6 and of course the edge is thinner and more sleek, modern and beautiful. You know what she says? Oh yeah the new Samsung's are more nice then before but they look like iPhone's. Look at the curve on the s7 edge and the bottom and top metal looks just like an iPhone! I just smiled and said um.... I don't think these phones look anything alike other then you can say the speaker grill but then that even looks different. Finally I just gave up and walked away.

Is this really how some ppl think? Apple or nothing and anything not made by Apple is irrelevant or less then?
    chanchan05 likes this.
    09-20-2016 01:33 PM
41 12