Should this be grey or black as in total dark it shows grey n in light it shows black
    09-19-2016 10:24 AM
    Normal.
    09-19-2016 10:52 AM
    Hello Guest: on My SGs7 the AoD=AlwaysOnDisplay feature it Shows
    10:26 Mon SEP 19-95%] : The hour-White: The mins-Blue and Date
    info is white. Battery status white too. No change in clear-Dark places

You can customized by Swiping down the Notifications panel, using the
    fingers. If it Shows only the half-Swipe again to see all the icons

Then locate the AoD-icon >Tap+Hold it few seconds it will display
    a bunch of settings >select Clock Style and choose the-1you like
    Kindly suggest you to Create an account in ACentral-SeeYa!
    09-19-2016 12:52 PM
    Hi. Mine used to be totally black but in the last week it is now grey lighting up the room at night. Quite irritating and I don't know how to fix it.
    chinchc likes this.
    09-25-2016 04:55 AM
    Should be totally black mine still looks totally black.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:25 AM
    Should be totally black mine still looks totally black.

Ditto.
    09-25-2016 12:29 PM
    Yup. Mine too. Black.
    09-26-2016 03:39 PM
    it use to be black. but after the last update, its grey background now.
    10-30-2016 06:14 PM
    We have two in the house. One is totally black, and the other is gray (like a backlight is on). Since we had never put the phones side by side, we never noticed the problem other than her phone, the one that is gray, repeatedly overheats and her battery drain is higher than mine. It overheats enough to stop the wireless charging. Turning off AOD seems to have fixed that problem. It now charges fine and does not overheat. However, that is not how the phone was designed. Am actually planning on taking it back to Verizon for an exchange if I cannot find an actual fix. (It appears others are having this issue as well and are getting displays replaced and/or new phones: AOD causes screen to go gray/green | Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge )
    11-04-2016 06:35 AM
    My AOD has a black background, no light whatsoever coming from it. I just verified it in a completely dark interior room.
    11-04-2016 08:30 AM
    Has anyone with this problem managed to get it resolved? If so, how?
    01-11-2017 04:22 PM
    Hi. Mine used to be totally black but in the last week it is now grey lighting up the room at night. Quite irritating and I don't know how to fix it.
    Maybe use night clock and set it for a specific time so it doesn't light up the entire room at night? There's a night clock feature.
    01-29-2017 10:39 PM
    Was using the night clock when I got the phone. But the screen on both this and the AOD are no longer black but a grey/Brown colour. Lighting up the room. Have now stopped using both because of this. Went from working just fine to this problem overnight.
    01-30-2017 04:39 AM
    Interesting, as black background is the display turned off and gray would assume the the background pixels are active.That defeats the purpose of minimal power use of the AOD, as I've read is below 3% on a complete battery cycle. At least that's MY understanding.
    02-03-2017 11:45 AM
    Hi there.

mine got the grey background last week. And no matter what i do, including reflashing with various ROMs it remains grey.
    02-20-2017 08:51 AM
    What color should the always on display background be for the s7 edge?-phonescreens_20170316_012.jpg

Have the same issue:
    Attached is an image of two phones with identical settings. Notice the bottom phone in the image is gray. In the dark, it is actually so bright it lights up the room. (wish my camera was good at low light pictures as the difference is drastic with the lights out)

At first we just thought is was a weird anomaly. Then we started noticing that when the phone was being fast charged, it would overheat and stop charging.

What we have tried so far:

-Toggling AOD off then back on

-Adjusting brightness from auto to minimum

-Adjusting brightness to maximum (didn't make sense, but we tried it anyhow)

-Adjusting brightness back to auto

-Changing display settings to different modes

-Changing display resolution

-Clearing all apps cache

-Clearing System cache

-Restarting in safe mode

-Restarting in normal mode

-Factory Reset

-Lastly, we were hoping that Nougat might fix it, but it is still there after the Nougat update.

We gave up, and turned off the AOD (which stopped the overheating problem as well). But we should not have to disable features to use the phone.

I understand that it is difficult to troubleshoot if they cannot replicate. I just have a hard time believing that Samsung cannot find a phone out there that is exhibiting the same issue (Given there several forum posts here and elsewhere stating that others are experiencing the same thing.)
    03-16-2017 08:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhoneScreens_20170316_012.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	770.1 KB 
ID:	254358

Have the same issue:
    Attached is an image of two phones with identical settings. Notice the bottom phone in the image is gray. In the dark, it is actually so bright it lights up the room. (wish my camera was good at low light pictures as the difference is drastic with the lights out)

At first we just thought is was a weird anomaly. Then we started noticing that when the phone was being fast charged, it would overheat and stop charging.

What we have tried so far:

-Toggling AOD off then back on

-Adjusting brightness from auto to minimum

-Adjusting brightness to maximum (didn't make sense, but we tried it anyhow)

-Adjusting brightness back to auto

-Changing display settings to different modes

-Changing display resolution

-Clearing all apps cache

-Clearing System cache

-Restarting in safe mode

-Restarting in normal mode

-Factory Reset

-Lastly, we were hoping that Nougat might fix it, but it is still there after the Nougat update.

We gave up, and turned off the AOD (which stopped the overheating problem as well). But we should not have to disable features to use the phone.

I understand that it is difficult to troubleshoot if they cannot replicate. I just have a hard time believing that Samsung cannot find a phone out there that is exhibiting the same issue (Given there several forum posts here and elsewhere stating that others are experiencing the same thing.)
    I'm in the same boat as you, I was hoping Nougat would fix this but no.

It's a feature I used alot, but not now...
    03-28-2017 09:58 PM
    If anyone else having this problem is interested, they are looking for input on the Samsung forums. It appears that this issue might be getting some visibility over there

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...Edge/m-p/82371
    03-31-2017 06:43 AM
    Hi guys. So I got this issue on a J7 Pro about 4 days ago. My S7 Edge doesn't have it. And it's so annoying that I tried uninstalling AOD updates but that didn't work. It bothered me a lot that I just completely disabled AOD. After a couple of dats though, I really missed the AOD feature and just enabled it back. And weirdly enough the issue resolved itself.
    01-19-2018 08:27 AM
    Hi guys. So I got this issue on a J7 Pro about 4 days ago. My S7 Edge doesn't have it. And it's so annoying that I tried uninstalling AOD updates but that didn't work. It bothered me a lot that I just completely disabled AOD. After a couple of dats though, I really missed the AOD feature and just enabled it back. And weirdly enough the issue resolved itself.
    Took my phone to a Samsung shop in the end. At first they flashed the firmware but that didn't work so they changed the whole screen. Works perfectly again now.
    01-19-2018 09:00 AM