wireless charging, all about

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Is there a difference between Fast and Regular wireless charging?
Is there any disadvantage to Fast wireless charging?
What are the official Samsung catalog numbers for Fast and Regular?
What is the best 3rd party vendor product for Fast and Regular wireless chargers?
Is the 3rd party product as fast etc?
Would the Note7 work on these S7edge wireless chargers?
Any 3rd party products to avoid?
Any other considerations?
Weblinks appreciated as helpful.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Let's see if this is more helpful:

Is there a difference between Fast and Regular wireless charging?
-Samsung Fast Charging Wireless pads are roughly 2x faster than normal. Not as fast as the Fast Charge wall adapters

Is there any disadvantage to Fast wireless charging?
-See above

What are the official Samsung catalog numbers for Fast and Regular?
-You can go to Samsung.com and look that up

What is the best 3rd party vendor product for Fast and Regular wireless chargers?
-Amazon.com is your friend. You just need to make sure they state they are Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Capable

Is the 3rd party product as fast etc?
-If they conform to the Samsung Standard, they will all be the same charging speed. If they could make it faster, they would.

Would the Note7 work on these S7edge wireless chargers?
-Regular chargers are all using a standard (either Qi or PMA). Fast Chargers are a little different, so make sure they are Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Capable

Any 3rd party products to avoid?
-Read reviews is the best advice I can give. Personally, I go with OEM products when possible

Any other considerations?
-Nope

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not actually 2x faster, but rather when charging optimally, it goes from 0-60% in about 40-50min, instead of 1hr. After that it slows down to normal charging speed. Wireless charging is slower than non-fast cable charging. Fast wireless charging is close to normal wired charging in speed.

It's not really possible to make it faster than what quick charge 2.0 can take. Internal limiters to keep the device from overheating prevents that.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
For Fast Wireless charging, which component or components are essential to it? The wireless pad and/or cable-going-to-the-plug-in-charger-adaptor and/or the plug-in-charger-adaptor??

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The phone itself, the pad, and the adapter. The cable is interchangeable but you need a good quality one. The phone itself needs to support fast charging. Then the pad and adapter needs to be able to provide as much current required to fast charge.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
^ any vendor selling charging cables (USB-to-microUSB you recommend (or to avoid)?
Belkin, other ?

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
^ any vendor selling charging cables (USB-to-microUSB you recommend (or to avoid)?
Belkin, other ?

Look, OEM ones are getting cheaper since they have been out for a while. I would pony up the few extra $$ and get genuine Samsung. Saves headaches, at least for me. I have had some TERRIBLE aftermarket chargers and whatnot.

prlovefh

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Great info guys... I'm going to be getting an Edge soon and I needed info on the chargers. Now have to decide on a col for my phone.