Just Did a Software Update on my Vzw S7 Edge. Need Help.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Every time my S7 goes through a software update, the phone freezes so badly I can't do anything with it. Needless to say, I have to do a factory reset every time there is a software update. My last update appeared very early this morning. Does anyone else have this problem? If not, does anyone know why I have to factory reset after each update? I've never owned an Android that needed this.

Lastly, can anyone confirm that G935VVRS4APH1 is the latest Verizon software version? Thanks.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
That's the latest update. Like you I got it this morning. Other than having to reset a few settings, no other problems. Does anyone know what this update did?

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I got this one this morning myself but I haven't noticed anything different I did see where they had a little blurb about security updates.
So far I haven't noticed any problems

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
That's the latest update. Like you I got it this morning. Other than having to reset a few settings, no other problems. Does anyone know what this update did?

So no one had to do a factory reset? Which settings did you reset? If it's a matter of resetting a few specific settings rather than doing a full factory reset, I'm game!

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
So no one had to do a factory reset? Which settings did you reset? If it's a matter of resetting a few specific settings rather than doing a full factory reset, I'm game!

Have you done a power cycle after the update? Not a factory reset, but just powering down and back up again. Also, could your phone still be optimizing apps in the background?

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I updated mine but keep getting the software update is available after its already been updated. How do I stop that?

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've always tried a soft reset first but it never helped.

Sounds like you've got a lemon if you keep having issues after every update. Better to get a warranty exchange. Honestly, I would have done that after the first freeze up and hard reset. These devices cost too much to put up with that kind of glitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance