Launchers.

ShalloAngel03

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Im new to Andriod. What are your guys favorite launcher to use? And also post screen shot so I can see!
I love seeing people creations with these launchers!
And where can I find custom Icons at to download for phone??

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Nova is the most popular one and you can get loads of icon packs on Google Play. Action Launcher 3 is also very good and takes almost all the icon packs that Nova does.

On my own phone I use Pixel Launcher, but you can't change the icons on it.

xn6czo.png

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I am also fairly new to android over the past year and have never used a different launcher. I am not trying to hijack the thread but had a quick question. If I experiment with a different launcher like nova or google now on my S7 Edge can I easily uninstall it and revert back to the way it was before without losing settings, layouts, or themes? I want to try a different launcher and play around with it but if I wanted to go back to the stock samsung launcher I don't want to lose anything or have any issues.

Also will a different launcher use more battery or system resources? Do I have to disable the old launcher to prevent two from running?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So I am also fairly new to android over the past year and have never used a different launcher. I am not trying to hijack the thread but had a quick question. If I experiment with a different launcher like nova or google now on my S7 Edge can I easily uninstall it and revert back to the way it was before without losing settings, layouts, or themes? I want to try a different launcher and play around with it but if I wanted to go back to the stock samsung launcher I don't want to lose anything or have any issues.

Also will a different launcher use more battery or system resources? Do I have to disable the old launcher to prevent two from running?

Yep, Touchwiz will remain the same as you left it. The launcher will just be a home screen and app skin over that, but as soon as you uninstall the custom launcher you'll be straight back to your stock setup (or when you just select touchwiz as the default launcher again - you can still leave the custom one installed and switch back any time you like to the setup you had).

MikeRotch76

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher prime, my home screen I use transparent clock and weather premium, I swipe left to get to my apps, and swipe right to my work email widget and BlackBerry Calendar widget. I use blackberry hub BTW. Which I have assigned to swipe up using Nova Launcher. I double tap to hide/show notification bar. On my home screen with the weather widgets I have different functions assigned to different parts of the widget. Tap on minutes brings me to Sound Profile so I can set vibrate, night mode, normal mode, tap on hours and it brings me to Timely, etc. I use wallpaper scrolling from Nova Launcher. Oh and the reason why I have S Health sitting in the corner on my Right screen is because I am not sure I want to keep using it, so it's in a temporary space :p

Screenshot_20160929-230645.jpg Screenshot_20160929-230649.jpg Screenshot_20160929-230659.jpg

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Does using a launcher use additional battery or is there no difference? Just curious

Actually they can often use LESS battery from what I've heard and run smoother.

My last 3 phones I've set up NOVA the same day I've gotten them though so I can't even compare to stock anymore.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Nova had a bad run of hogging battery (which I why I went away from it for the first time in years originally) but I think it's OK now.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Nova uses allot less then touchwiz on my galaxy s7 edge. Sitting here with 3 hours on screen time at 60%. After the gear vr fiasco my phone is back to its old usage.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Can't go wrong with Nova or Apex. They are almost the same. I've used both for long periods of time. Right now I'm using Apex because I like the transition animations slightly better and I also like the home screen preview style better. It's the older style like this.
011adf85ce64f1842e016d63c67cccff.jpg

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Also, I did try Go Launcher for a bit but it was just lacking some key features that Nova and Apex have. The transition animations are way better with Go IMO but I like to have it so when I double tap the home screen, it shows my recent apps and I couldn't do that without using an Apex action. Lol. Maybe you can do this with the full version but I couldn't with the free version. I have paid versions of Apex and Nova so it's not because I'm cheap. I also didn't like how I couldn't set more than 5 apps on the dock. A few other little things as well that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463