wife not sure about the Edge

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My wife's main concerns about any smartphone is the camera. So she is torn between the S7E and iPhone 7+. She not sure about the edge features on the S7E because she is worried that text on the edge would be odd to read when it wraps around the edge. Also the accidental swipes on the edge might be annoying. Also worried that cases may not protect the S7E screen very well. Just wondering if these concerns are real issues with S7E users. Thanks in advance.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I personally haven't had any issues with the edge . The text doesn't wraparound the edges of the display at all really.. the camera is still better then that on the 7+. Cases protect it just fine. I just haven't been able to find a good screen protector for the edge which isn't a huge deal really. I don't have any scratches yet. The edge has the same size display as the 7+ and is much smaller in the hand. It also has a headphone jack haha. Had to throw that one in there.the fast charging is hands down the best as well. My work phone is a 6s plus and it takes FOREVER to charge it's horrible! So now I just leave it on the charger all the time because I hate waiting for it to fully charge.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife's main concerns about any smartphone is the camera. So she is torn between the S7E and iPhone 7+. She not sure about the edge features on the S7E because she is worried that text on the edge would be odd to read when it wraps around the edge. Also the accidental swipes on the edge might be annoying. Also worried that cases may not protect the S7E screen very well. Just wondering if these concerns are real issues with S7E users. Thanks in advance.

There's been no issues with reading text, viewing movies, pictures etc... the s7 edge screen is beautiful in all aspects. The accidental edge screen touches occur occasionally, if you're the kinda person who grips your phone tightly like I do. But with a case it actually keeps a small barrier between the skin fold between the thumb and the edge screen which helps tremendously against accidental touches.

As far as cases they seem to provide just as much protection as any other phone's. It's difficult to find a good screen protector though. Thata the only drawback. The camera is excellent and overall the phone is top notch in every aspect. The only reason to pick a iPhone 7 over the Galaxy s7 edge is if you just like ios more then android os.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the Edge just seems to make the text pop out more and easier to read, as if the background is on parallax even if it's not.

You might be limited on keyboards though and stick to one that has spaces for the Edge and doesn't wrap the keys (Swiftkey and stock keyboard).

The biggest thing probably on terms of usability is that the S7 Edge is smaller but with the same screen size.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
IMHo she should try it in the store if possible. My wife loves her S7E. She chose it over the iPhone 7 plus.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
no matter how much Apple advertises their new low light camera, theyve been passed by Samsung, as said, the text doesnt wrap around the sides, and yes there will some screen touches on the Edge, but its really not bad

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I been playing with different phones for months now trying to decide, I tried the iphone 6s, 7 gs7, and now the edge. Cameras are important to me as well and I still think the galaxy line is the winner over any iphone...during the day pictures will look great on both, come evening or low light the galaxy pulls away as the winner..Also the autofocus is faster on the galaxy so if you are taking pics of moving things like kids running etc the galaxy is the winner as well. I worry about the sides of the phone getting damaged being exposed even with a case but I taking the risk. I liked the regular s7 except im used to bigger phones and the 5.1" display bothered me reading a lot of text. Im not sold on the edge features yet, just seems redundant . ONe thing I like about the iphone, it runs buttery smooth in all apps that I tried out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463