So after using the iPhone for the past 6 years I decided to buy an Android phone. I settled on the SG7 edge because it seemd to meet my needs. It's taking me a little while to get set up but after 2 days I can say that I am impressed with the SG7 and Android. Most of the iOS apps I used are available in the Play Store. Most of the menus seem similar although Android and Samsung offer more flexibility. That's a good thing in my opinion. Thanks for the welcome and the good vibes.
    10-01-2016 05:27 PM
    I'm glad you like Android. I have had a variety of devices and can honestly say that Android is the best by far, especially on the SG7.
    Fit24 likes this.
    10-01-2016 05:59 PM
    Glad to hear that you like the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I'm using it too but I felt like I have downgraded and so many things are still not available yet. The keyboard is so difficult to use and the apps quality is really bad on Android. Though there has been some improvements in the interface of Android but it has not gone across the board yet.

Please come faster, nougat please come faster.
    10-01-2016 06:34 PM
    Not much you can do about app quality, since thats up to the developers. Regarding the keyboard, I switched out the Samsung one. I never liked it. IMO, you can't beat SwiftKey.
    KPMcClave and chanchan05 like this.
    10-01-2016 07:27 PM
    Not much you can do about app quality, since thats up to the developers. Regarding the keyboard, I switched out the Samsung one. I never liked it. IMO, you can't beat SwiftKey.
    Yes, I simply can't do without SwiftKey. I've tried others and it never lasts very long. There's always something SwiftKey has that I miss.

Of course, nothing is a 100% consensus. Some folks always wonder what's the big deal with SwiftKey. That said, it's historically been the most widely used and liked third party keyboard by a decent margin.

At the very least, well worth giving it a try.
    Wizzy likes this.
    10-01-2016 07:40 PM
    Haha. The first thing I download on any new Android I have is Swiftkey.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-01-2016 07:41 PM
    My understanding is that the iOS version of SwiftKey wasn't (and maybe still isn't) as good as the Android version. If true, take note if you tried it on an iPhone and didn't like it. Maybe a better experience on Android.
    10-01-2016 07:44 PM
    SwiftKey is much better than the the Samsung one that's for sure. However it still sucks. I make so many mistakes on it due to the autocorrect and it is not as intuitive as the other SwiftKey keyboard I was using. There are instances that I have to literally type the same. E word 3 times just to let them get it right otherwise when I press space it will be replaced with a wrong word.

Even the unofficial BlackBerry keyboard from Cobolt is better unfortunately I have trouble making that work again on my phone after I wiped it.

I'm saying that the app quality is bad because the same app I used to use on another OS has more features than their Android version. So now I have to either accept that I can no longer do those things or get another app to help do those that I couldn't.

Sorry for ranting people but I just needed to get out my frustration. Maybe soon I will forget what I can do previously and love Andy.
    10-01-2016 10:44 PM
    Swiftkey always did strange things for me so I could never use it properly. Been using Chrooma for ages now and love it, but what I'd really love is a port of the stock LG keyboard.
    10-02-2016 05:03 AM
    I use the google keyboard over the stock and swift keyboard. Google has done great job with their keyboard.
    10-02-2016 07:47 AM
    SwiftKey is much better than the the Samsung one that's for sure. However it still sucks. I make so many mistakes on it due to the autocorrect and it is not as intuitive as the other SwiftKey keyboard I was using. There are instances that I have to literally type the same. E word 3 times just to let them get it right otherwise when I press space it will be replaced with a wrong word.
    I know the behavior you're describing, but it is usually corrected in my experiences by tapping the correectly spelled selection in the top predicition bar. I tend to forget to do that and, like you, have to retype the word...but only once. Don't keep going back and retyping it and hitting the spacebar (that inserts previously known words). Tapping the correct selection in the top bar will have SwiftKey immediatly learn it. That's about the quickest way you'll find to have a keyboard learn an unknown spelling, I think. Until it can read our minds, anyway.

It also takes time for the app to learn our vocabulary. I'm not sure what "other SwiftKey keyboard" you used, but did you sign in with the same credentials so that what the other one learned is also being used on the newer installation?

You may know all of the above, if so, hopefully it's helpful to someone who doesn't.
    10-02-2016 08:55 AM
    Another general SwiftKey observation. I occasionally see as a criticism that it tries to do too much. That's a legit observation. When I said earlier that I miss something from SwiftKey when I try other keyboards, it isn't always the same thing or things. For me, SwiftKey has almost all the features I like most in one place. For others that may just be way more than they want or need.

Then there's always the bias toward what we're used to using. Muscle memory is hard to overcome.

I sure wish I could use the Fleksy (what I call BlackBerry style...second row of characters flush to sides of screen) layout on SwiftKey. It's made me try Fleksy many times and I just cna't get the hang of it, and now it's on the way out anyway. I have tried the BB keyboard itself, too. Back to SwiftKey I went.
    10-02-2016 09:07 AM
    Another general SwiftKey observation. I occasionally see as a criticism that it tries to do too much. That's a legit observation. When I said earlier that I miss something from SwiftKey when I try other keyboards, it isn't always the same thing or things. For me, SwiftKey has almost all the features I like most in one place. For others that may just be way more than they want or need.

Then there's always the bias toward what we're used to using. Muscle memory is hard to overcome.

I sure wish I could use the Fleksy (what I call BlackBerry style...second row of characters flush to sides of screen) layout on SwiftKey. It's made me try Fleksy many times and I just cna't get the hang of it, and now it's on the way out anyway. I have tried the BB keyboard itself, too. Back to SwiftKey I went.
    Yes, I was actually using the BlackBerry 10 keyboard developed by SwiftKey. It is somehow more responsive to my delete swipe and most of the time I just swipe without having to look and it will select the correct words I want. If it is a new spelling and they autocorrected it all I have to do is just swipe back and it will automatically revert to what I typed.

Muscle memory could be a problem too coz more often than not I realised that I would be tapping on the number rather than the suggested word unless I do this slowly.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-02-2016 12:55 PM
    I use the google keyboard over the stock and swift keyboard. Google has done great job with their keyboard.
    It started doing very strange things a while back for me where it would jump the cursor into the middle of words when deleting and typing double letters. Did they fix it?
    10-02-2016 01:01 PM
    Similar story.

Been using the iPhone from the iPhone 4 onwards and after the recent Apple keynote and hands on Experience with the iPhone 7 & 7 plus I decided to sell my iPhone 6 Plus and try something new. Apple imo have lost their way. Not an attack > just my opinion. I still use a MBA and iPad Air.

I'm nearly a month in with the s7 edge and although some of the transition has been a little challenging I'm thoroughly loving this phone.

The customisation of this thing is off the chart.

I'm learning new things every day !

YouTube and Google certainly are my friends.

I've just picked up on split screen functionality. Wow.

Being able to place an app icon where I want is inspiring. Maybe something small for an android phone user but an iPhone user will know where I'm coming from
    10-02-2016 01:47 PM
    10-02-2016 10:12 PM
    Swiftkey always did strange things for me so I could never use it properly. Been using Chrooma for ages now and love it, but what I'd really love is a port of the stock LG keyboard.
    I installed swiftkey again and now I know what bugged me. That nuisance auto space after a . or a , and no way to turn it off. Always left me inserting two spaces after punctuation.
    10-03-2016 12:22 PM
    I installed swiftkey again and now I know what bugged me. That nuisance auto space after a . or a , and no way to turn it off. Always left me inserting two spaces after punctuation.
    I find it a nuisance not to have that.
    10-04-2016 03:15 PM
    I find it a nuisance not to have that.
    I think if I'd started off with that I'd be the same. It's all about what you're used to and muscle memory, I just can't stop hitting a space after a comma or period.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-05-2016 01:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, the coolest place ever, and to Android too! So glad you are liking your Edge!
    10-05-2016 07:04 AM