10-08-2016 11:28 PM
46 12
tools
    Lag is a "technical term"? If you want to get pedantic, the actual TECHNICAL term for your definition is latency.

His apps are lagging, his phone lags.

Fits perfectly with definition b: "move, function, or develop with comparative slowness"

His phone is functioning with comparative slowness.

Or you can go with

To cause to be later or slower than expected or desired:
    delay, detain, hang up, hold up, retard, set back, slow (down or up), stall

His phone hangs up, is slow, or stalls.

So please, person, learn what words mean and use them properly.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    10-02-2016 06:36 PM
    Of course your phone won't lag if you're using a Nexus device. The problem is the package Samsung puts on top of Android. I experienced lag on my previous LG phone, but not on my Nexus 5. Most of the people I know that have Samsung phones complain about lag and I honestly don't recall any iPhone users in my circles complaining about lag (other issues of course; especially if they switched to iOS or work with both).

Quite often it's the bloat ware and carrier add-ons that cause it. Resetting/clearing the cache should do the trick, but if it doesn't it's Samsung and/or the carriers.
    10-02-2016 07:40 PM
    Just an attempt to help at least one person stop the confusion - "lag" is slowness ON THE INTERNET. A conmputer running slowly, whether it's a mainframe or a phone, is just "running slowly". People in the industry read "lagging" in the title and come to answer a question about the internet - only to find that the question has nothing to do with lag.

Please, people - learn what words mean, especially very technical words like "lag", and use them properly. (Well, at least someone use them properly. One less person confusing us would be nice.)
    Everyone knows exactly what he's talking about. Don't pretend to be confused. Who comes in a section specifically pertaining to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge talking about Internet lag. LMAO...
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-2016 07:40 PM
    Everyone knows exactly what he's talking about. Don't pretend to be confused. Who comes in a section specifically pertaining to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge talking about Internet lag. LMAO...
    We'll, there are 2 answers to that...
    10-02-2016 08:43 PM
    Technical terms as defined by a non-technical dictionary are incorrectly defined. Look up "client". My email app doesn't fit that definition.
    client
    [klahy-uh nt]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    a person or group that uses the professional advice or services of a lawyer, accountant, advertising agency, architect, etc.
    a person who is receiving the benefits, services, etc., of a social welfare agency, a government bureau, etc.
    a customer.
    anyone under the patronage of another; a dependent.
    Computers. a computer or an application on a computer that communicates with a remote server:
    Exit the program before installing the patch to update the client.

So your email client is not an application on a computer that communicates with a remote server? You mention people in "the industry", just what "industry" are you referring to? I am pretty sure that anyone in the IT industry would say that hardware, or software can "lag" just like a network can.

And just in case you missed my post above

Lag is a "technical term"? If you want to get pedantic, the actual TECHNICAL term for your definition is latency.

His apps are lagging, his phone lags.

Fits perfectly with definition b: "move, function, or develop with comparative slowness"

His phone is functioning with comparative slowness.

Or you can go with

To cause to be later or slower than expected or desired:
    delay, detain, hang up, hold up, retard, set back, slow (down or up), stall

His phone hangs up, is slow, or stalls.

So please, person, learn what words mean and use them properly.
    ABOSWORTH007 and dryja123 like this.
    10-03-2016 01:18 AM
    Let's just stop with the banter and let's have it as language evolves new meanings over time.

Anyway, have any of the guys here experiencing 'lag' or 'stuttering' tried running their phones in safe mode and see if it still does it?
    10-03-2016 03:10 AM
    Mod Note: Please do not stray from the topic. Though "lag" can have different terms based on the concerned topic, in most cases, they tend to mean a performance issue that can cause an action to be completed slower than normal, usually caused by a delay between an action and a response.
    10-03-2016 05:51 AM
    Lag, what lag? Fastest phone I've ever owned. I wonder if its an app thats not playing nice.
    10-03-2016 06:39 AM
    Not just Samsung, I always faced terrible lags and bugs on my Xperias, Motos G and X, HTC, LG, Nexus, etc. Had more than 20 Android phones already, maybe 5 last year, and all of them occasionally freezes, crashes, slows down. Sorry to say, but most probably is this is an Android question. Right now I have a S7 and an iPhone 6 Plus. Incredible how a two years old iPhone can be faster and smoother than the more powerful Android out there!

Yes, I changed to iPhone as my main gadget because of that couple of years ago.

Cheers,
    I have had many of the newest Androids and they all start off great but the lag creeps in after a short while. My Iphone will always be my Daily Driver and Androids will be my fun back up device. You can always count on the Iphone to work flawlessly
    10-03-2016 07:24 AM
    I have had many of the newest Androids and they all start off great but the lag creeps in after a short while. My Iphone will always be my Daily Driver and Androids will be my fun back up device. You can always count on the Iphone to work flawlessly
    Well, this is somewhat true but there is a tradeoff. I'm willing to put up with occasional lag for the added functionality and customization that the iPhone doesn't offer. IPhone has gotten better but has a long way to go before I'd consider going back to that platform. You still can't even arrange icons where you like on the home screen in iOS. So many other things that I won't even get into.
    10-03-2016 07:50 AM
    No lag for me, the ONLY time it's a little slow is when apps are updating but other than that mine is smooth and fast
    10-03-2016 08:18 AM
    I installed Package Disabler Pro on my S7E to stop / get rid of some of the bloat. My phone runs great...so far. Good luck. I returned an iPhone 7 to get this phone.
    10-03-2016 09:19 AM
    Well, this is somewhat true but there is a tradeoff. I'm willing to put up with occasional lag for the added functionality and customization that the iPhone doesn't offer. IPhone has gotten better but has a long way to go before I'd consider going back to that platform. You still can't even arrange icons where you like on the home screen in iOS. So many other things that I won't even get into.
    Agree.. Android is much more fun and am thankful I can play with both
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    10-03-2016 07:40 PM
    No lag here, running exynos CPU if that's working any different? Only lag I notice is using power saving mode and the odd freeze up now and then (every phone does this). You should try a full wipe to see if it clears or at least check if a certain app is causing unnecessary load of the processor.
    10-03-2016 10:41 PM
    Some people are more pronounce to lag then other, like me, my OCD kicks in with every bit of lag.

All samsung phones have Touchwiz lag, even the S7 and the N7, but it's not that terrible, it can be attributed to animation lag and small freezes when u have lot of background apps open.

Ram management is awful with all Samsung phones, even S7, once u see with custom kernel what is possible, u never go back to stock.
    10-04-2016 10:34 AM
    The whole lag issue is ridiculous... I am currently using a three year old Nexus 5 that has minimum lag issues. Sure TouchWiz is gonna be worse than Stock Android for lag but I have seen high end Windows gaming PCs experience serious lag, freezes, and reboots. Why? It depends a lot on how the user maintains and configures the system but even worse is the crap programs people like to install. All modern operating systems run well but are NOT perfect.

The comments that iOS is better is BS. My GF just bought a new iPhone 6s and I have seen lag using it day one and she has been complaining of late sometimes the messenger app freezes on start. LOL
    Totally. Lag caused by bloatware or set up by user is no prior with the phone hardware
    10-05-2016 01:57 PM
    The phone also lags whenever any notification comes..... And,facebook,snapchat.... If it's a notification the phone will lags. You know it's bad whenever you are watching Netflix and the video stops half a second before any notification comes. And this had been happening since the S2. It's really sad Samsung is so lazy with the software
    10-06-2016 07:20 PM
    The phone also lags whenever any notification comes..... And,facebook,snapchat.... If it's a notification the phone will lags. You know it's bad whenever you are watching Netflix and the video stops half a second before any notification comes. And this had been happening since the S2. It's really sad Samsung is so lazy with the software
    You should do a factory reset because that's not the case with any of the two S7 phones I've been using.
    10-07-2016 12:44 AM
    A factory reset is not gonna fix it . This issue has always happened with all of my galaxies, but I have always stayed with it hoping Samsung will fix it with the next version. I've always done multiple factory resets and they have never helped
    10-07-2016 06:49 PM
    I don't notice any lag on my S7e compared to my iOS devices. My S7e is notably smoother than my iPad Mini 3 and seems about the same as my 6s.
    10-08-2016 08:34 AM
    A factory reset is not gonna fix it . This issue has always happened with all of my galaxies, but I have always stayed with it hoping Samsung will fix it with the next version. I've always done multiple factory resets and they have never helped
    Not sure we can help you with this. Probably should just move on to another device and never look back.

Good luck.
    10-08-2016 11:28 PM
46 12