Broken S7 Edge LCD - HELP!

Blossom1367

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I dropped my 3 month old S7 Edge yesterday on concrete. It was in a case. The screen is fine except for a tiny scratch. Flashing lines appeared on the bottom of the screen yesterday but the phone was still working.

Today it's completely shot. Green flashing lines over the whole display.

I called Verizon tech support. All they could suggest was taking it to a Verizon store. I did that today, and they just activated my old S4 and told me to call Samsung to see if it would be covered under warranty.

I called Samsung today and they told me physical damage is not covered and that they have temporarily suspended all phone repairs.

Now what can I do?? I have a monthly device payment on it through Verizon so I don't want to keep using my old phone. My old phone is in bad shape too. It barely keeps a charge and goes dead when it gets to 40% battery. Takes forever to charge too.

I can't afford $700 to buy a new phone outright and I read elsewhere that a lot of phone repair shops don't do S7 Edge repairs.

Any advice please?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps look into outing square trade insurance on it? You might be able to get in and maybe wait a few weeks before filing a claim? Just a thought. I always get the Samsung protection plus for 129 bucks when I get a new phone for those kind of instances . When the phone costs me 800 bucks what's another 100..

Blossom1367

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps look into outing square trade insurance on it? You might be able to get in and maybe wait a few weeks before filing a claim? Just a thought. I always get the Samsung protection plus for 129 bucks when I get a new phone for those kind of instances . When the phone costs me 800 bucks what's another 100..

I wish I had known about the Samsung protection plan sooner. I just found out about it today while searching for info on getting my phone repaired. Does it even cover accidental damage?

I wonder if that would work if I got Square Trade? Does it have a waiting period or deductible?

I found an online service center page for Samsung. They want $270 to replace the screen. : 0