I originally thought having that sd card would ease the issue of running out of space in the main 32gb space, but apparently its of limited use since you cant just have apps goto sd automatically.

Even moving them in the storage app doesnt really help much.. they show as being on sd, but in reality after moving a 3GB app, the space saved was maybe 500mb, off the top of my head as an example.. i guess parts just dont move.

So, the only option i see left is the adoptable storage option done through adb commands? Making everything appear as one big 96GB unit? Downside being that i need to get everything i have on the SD card off and note which apps are on there, it sounds as if it deletes/formats it when you run the command

Are there any other options out there i may have overlooked.. seems ridiculous android wont have an option built in to goto sd automatically.

Thanks in advance
    10-05-2016 10:40 AM
    Sorry, but the ADB option for enabling Adoptable Storage is the only way. The old way of Move to SD has always just moved a portion of the app over, and often a small portion at that.
    10-05-2016 11:05 AM
    If you use apps like App Backup & Restore and Helium, transferring apps and their data isn't that difficult. (Back up the app and its data, then copy everything to your laptop or desktop. Reformat the card, then reinstall all the apps. Then restore the data with Helium. (You can use Helium to back up the apps and data, but AB&R backs the apps up to apk files, so you can install them by just running the apk files if you need to in the future. [All your apps should be backed up anyway.])
    10-05-2016 11:28 AM