I posted about this after I got my Samsung in June but it's still not working right. Most of my family and friends have iPhones and when a group text is initiated, especially if there is a photo or video, I only see a few comments. I'm using the stock texting app but tried a few others back in June with no success. Have any of you in a similar situation managed to resolve this? Thanks!
    10-08-2016 02:12 PM
    Hey! I was in the same situation as you. Did you have an iPhone prior to getting the galaxy? If so you need to disable imessage , if you don't have your iPhone anymore go here https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage and enter your number. Apple will de-register it. Also have your family members check your contact on their phones as your number may be saved under "iPhone". I had to do both before I could start getting group messages.
    T48 likes this.
    10-08-2016 05:02 PM
    Surely their group messages will be sent as imessage in which case you won't be involved.
    10-09-2016 12:46 AM
    Hey! I was in the same situation as you. Did you have an iPhone prior to getting the galaxy? If so you need to disable imessage , if you don't have your iPhone anymore go here https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage and enter your number. Apple will de-register it. Also have your family members check your contact on their phones as your number may be saved under "iPhone". I had to do both before I could start getting group messages.
    I unregistered my number back in June using that link. Are you saying that on their contact lists they need to change me from iPhone to mobile or home? I thought those were just descriptions to clarify a person's different numbers. Are you saying if they have me still listed as "iphone", it changes how their messages to me are sent?
    10-09-2016 12:12 PM
    I unregistered my number back in June using that link. Are you saying that on their contact lists they need to change me from iPhone to mobile or home? I thought those were just descriptions to clarify a person's different numbers. Are you saying if they have me still listed as "iphone", it changes how their messages to me are sent?
    Yeah, that's how it was for me, they all had me saved as iphone, I saved mine as mobile and voila all messages came through.
    10-09-2016 12:24 PM
    Parthc09, you mean that your friends changed you from iPhone to mobile in your profile on each of their phones, right?
    10-09-2016 03:51 PM
    Parthc09, you mean that your friends changed you from iPhone to mobile in your profile on each of their phones, right?
    Yes, after they changed my number from iPhone to mobile, I was able to receive group texts
    10-09-2016 05:00 PM