I have a device from abroad (IQ) do OS updates still come with a delay?

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I had an S5 from UAE and now S7 Edge from IQ, do the devices from some areas like these still get the updates with a delay like it used to be with the S5? Because I really value timely updates I'd like to know if I can expect Nougat to come on time to my device OTA. Hope someone can help, ironass, hope you're still around and can answer my question.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends, especially if it was originally carrier branded and unlocked. Some devices need the original carrier sim to receive updates.

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
No, it has no carrier or branding at all, with the S5 it was the same with no branding, but still I was one of the last to reseive the updates, because it was a UAE device. Very few know that not all unbranded Samsung devices are equal.
Even I never heard about it until ironass mentioned it. He has some deep information about this subject.

@ironass : If you read this please reply.

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Can someone tell me what's the most current android version for the S7 edge? have
G35FXXU1BPH6
G35FOJV1BPH3
G935FXXU1BPH1

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
As noone answered, I answer myself.. It is a yes unfortunately, Samsung still releases updates at different speeds for different counrtry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol