10-16-2016 12:04 PM
151 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I am out of contract and bought my n7 outright and verizon will return it. Now I want to buy an S7e from ebay bc verizon wants to charge me 200 more than a new one off ebay. New to this....never bought a phone not from a big box...

1. can i use my n7 sim card in an s7e
    2. do you see any other issues I may encounter.

Reading this thread has helped me as I am in love with all things Note and am tempted to buy a note 4 used bc I want the expandable memory but not thinking s7edge...thoughts? I had a note 4 before all of this. thanks!
    I am still using my Note 4 after 2 years. Wanted the Note 7, but will now probably go for the S7E. Exactly though, do we really NEED the S7E? I actually love the look of the curved screen. And the Camera is better than my Note 4. Decisions, decisions…
    magichoward likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:40 PM
    Same here, turned my second Note 7 in to Sprint. Ironically, I still have a fully boxed Note 7 sitting in its shipping box waiting for a RMA from Sprint. I never opened it since I went and picked up my replacement from a corporate store. I got the S7Edge and I'm adjusting well. I love the battery life, it is very similar to the first Note 7 I had. I'll sit tight until next summer when the Note 8 is released, hopefully Samsung won't kill the entire Note line after this latest fiasco.
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:20 PM
    I returned my replacement Note 7 yesterday @TMobile...Got the S7 Edge and very happy and got it in Gold
    skatergirl and hasasimo like this.
    10-12-2016 02:47 PM
    I was asked today, "is that the exploding phone" I said no this is the s7 edge, but I had that phone that has been catching fire. Then they proceeded to tell me they have a buddy in TX who had a note 7 that caught fire within 3 minutes of being in the center console of his car and now his center console is all messed up. I suppose we'll all be having these "chance" encounters for the next few months.
    10-12-2016 03:39 PM
    Just swapped my Note 7 for S7E today....I loved my N7 but glad ordeal is behind me. So far I think I'll get used to the form factor. I also submitted for the SD Card promotion and just used purchase date of 10/9 and included receipt (which shows 10/11). Worst case it gets rejected....best case it slips through
    UPDATE: So the SD Card that I submitted for has been approved even though the receipt showed I exchanged N7 for S7E after promotional end date. So through the N7 fiasco I was able to take advantage of 3 promo gifts, plus Samsung Pay credits 3x.

1. SD Card for original recalled N7
    2. Gear VR for replacement N7
    3. SD Card for exchanged S7E

New S7 Edge owner after returning Note 7 today-samsung-check-status.png
    10-12-2016 04:10 PM
    I can't complain about the freebies from Samsung over this whole debacle myself.

Free 256gb memory card (first Note 7)
    $20 Visa gift card (for using Samsung Pay on first Note 7)
    $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card (for using Samsung Pay 3x)
    Free Gear VR headset (second Note 7)
    $10 Visa gift card (for using Samsung Pay on replacement Note 7)
    $25 cell phone bill credit from Samsung as a "sorry" for the recall
    Another free Gear VR headset (for buying the S7 Edge)
    Free 32" Samsung LED Smart TV (for buying the S7 Edge)
    Another $10 Visa gift card (for using Samsung Pay the "first time" on my S7e
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-12-2016 04:41 PM
    Just placed my order for a silver titanium S7 edge. I'll miss the Note 7.

Just ordered it myself RIP note 7
    You both ordered online? I wondered if that was an option. Everything I've read says return them to store. I want to order online and just get those funky fireproof boxes to send them back in. I loathe the stores.
    10-12-2016 04:56 PM
    Just got mine today. So far I'm happy. I fell in love with that note 7, but it wasn't meant to be. Lol
    zmann and amyf27 like this.
    10-12-2016 05:04 PM
    It is really nice seeing everyone here from the N7 forum and I am sure we will see more of us as the days go by.

We definitely are a unique group, as we were the relatively small group of people who got to experience this awesome phone and then went through two emotional and irritating recalls, only to lose our beloved Note 7s while the world watched. We are actually part of history.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:19 PM
    I had the Note 5 before getting the Note 7. The killer issue with me was the lack of a SD card. I maxed out the inboard memory in no time with the N5.
    I had a 64 gb V10 and now the Note 7. I already see myself being annoyed by a 32gb S7 Edge. So frustrated right now. I want to like the V20 but going back to Samsung with the Note 7 has me almost 100% convinced that the V20 will be a major disappointment for me.
    10-12-2016 05:43 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Also a new S7 Edge user here after fighting tooth and nail to keep my Note 7... Grr...
    So, I miss my stylus. Anyone found a good solution as far as a small and precise enough stylus that could be clipped onto a Samsung LED cover?
    10-12-2016 06:54 PM
    I returned my note 7 today and not the s7edge n idk how I feel about it don't know if I should get iPhone 7 plus till the next note comes out
    10-12-2016 07:34 PM
    I returned my replacement Note 7 yesterday @TMobile...Got the S7 Edge and very happy and got it in Gold
    I am getting gold. Do you like it?
    10-12-2016 07:53 PM
    I can't complain about the freebies from Samsung over this whole debacle myself.

Free 256gb memory card (first Note 7)
    $20 Visa gift card (for using Samsung Pay on first Note 7)
    Free Gear VR headset (second Note 7)
    $10 Visa gift card (for using Samsung Pay on replacement Note 7)
    $25 cell phone bill credit from Samsung as a "sorry" for the recall
    Another free Gear VR headset (for buying the S7 Edge)
    Free 32" Samsung LED Smart TV (for buying the S7 Edge)
    Another $10 Visa gift card (for using Samsung Pay the "first time" on my S7e
    You did good.
    10-12-2016 07:53 PM
    Also coming from the note 7 here... in fact, I'm typing this on my soon to be returned n7...

Ordered a s7e in silver yesterday, should be here tomorrow... Not really looking forward to the switch, but such is life.

The note 7 was my second note (n4 previously) and the first time I ever pre-ordered a phone... I usually wait till a device has been out a while, and prices drop before pulling the trigger.

Gotta say, I did lobe the note 7, and even tho I never really used the s pen on my n4, I find myself using it frequently on the n7... other than that, I think I'll adjust to the s7e ok... I hope 😎
    10-12-2016 08:04 PM
    You both ordered online? I wondered if that was an option. Everything I've read says return them to store. I want to order online and just get those funky fireproof boxes to send them back in. I loathe the stores.
    I had to return the phone to the store and have it refunded and my upgrade reinstated. I was able to order a new phone online.
    10-13-2016 08:56 AM
    I thought I read you were getting the V20?
    10-13-2016 08:57 AM
    UPDATE: So the SD Card that I submitted for has been approved even though the receipt showed I exchanged N7 for S7E after promotional end date. So through the N7 fiasco I was able to take advantage of 3 promo gifts, plus Samsung Pay credits 3x.

1. SD Card for original recalled N7
    2. Gear VR for replacement N7
    3. SD Card for exchanged S7E

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung Check Status.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	242100
    Yeah I was able to get
    1. 256gb SD card
    2. Gear vr
    3. $30 in Samsung Visa card
    4. $5 do gift card
    10-13-2016 09:04 AM
    Like the other transplants, I would've rather have kept my N7 but....... A few good things came out of this fiasco.

Received
    1. Gear Fit 2
    2. Gear VR
    3. $25 bill credit (1st recall)
    4. $75 bill credit
    5. 32in smart tv
    6. Bought a 7+ 256gb and realized i'm not about that iphone life at this point in time. All hail S7E.
    10-13-2016 09:45 AM
    I'm going to exchange my Note 7 for the S7 Edge today. I considered a couple others (V20 and iphone 7+), but think the S7E is the best way to go. I had the S7E before the N7 and know it is a great phone. However, I will miss the Grace UX on the N7, but hopefully now that Samsung has no cannibalization risk, they'll quickly update the S7E to include that. I think it would benefit Samsung to make the S7s more attractive at this point. They should try to get more mileage out of the S7 now by including some the N7's improvements, and not rush the S8.

Edited.
    10-13-2016 10:12 AM
    Gee, all I've gotten from this was the 256 gb card. Oh well, don't much care about the rest.

I have a black S7E now. Would have loved to have it in blue, but of course Samsung has to wait before releasing it.

It's an okay phone. Can't say I'm "happy" with it, but I'm content. It was really the only choice. I hope they get Grace UX on it soon. It's those little differences between it and the N7 that I miss, like the better Settings menu, the color on the clock of the always on display, the little notification icons below it, etc.

One thing I DO like is that it's NOT the newest Gorilla Glass, so it shouldn't be as scratch-prone. Although the display quality itself isn't even close to the N7's.
    10-13-2016 10:23 AM
    how are you all getting the Gear VR with the replacement Note? Can I still submit for this?
    10-13-2016 10:43 AM
    how did you get the Gear VR with the replacement Note7? Can I still do this?
    10-13-2016 10:43 AM
    The promotion for the Gear VR ended on October 9th.
    10-13-2016 10:47 AM
    I've just exchanged my Note7 for a S7 Edge phone + 128 gb micro SD card, and a fast charge wireless charger. I really miss Note7's touchwiz version. They should update the S7 Edge to the Note7 software version (of course without the S-Pen features).

By the way, is it normal that 10% of the battery life was consumed during the 7 hours I was sleeping? It also overheated a lot when I tested the Wireless charger.

Can any S7 Edge owner confirm me how does the battery life should last over night?
    10-13-2016 11:03 AM
151 ... 23456 ...