New S7 Edge owner after returning Note 7 today

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
As much as I loved my Note 7 I just couldn't see keeping a phone I was not comfortable with. So I'm a new S7 Edge owner as of tonight. I'll do some nosing around here for tips.

The upside of this whole fiasco is I got a free 32" Samsung Smart TV for buying the S7 Edge tonight. :)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
As much as I loved my Note 7 I just couldn't see keeping a phone I was not comfortable with. So I'm a new S7 Edge owner as of tonight. I'll do some nosing around here for tips.

The upside of this whole fiasco is I got a free 32" Samsung Smart TV for buying the S7 Edge tonight. :)

Welcome, former note 7 owner here as well. I quit the note fiasco in mid Sept. with the 1st recall. Ive grown to really enjoy the s7 edge. I hope you will too.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The S7e is a stellar phone, from features to specs to performance to design to pure aesthetics. Great piece of kit.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just returned my 2nd note 7 yesterday at tmobile and got this s7 edge. Loving it so far😃 I submitted for the 256 memory card promo. Also got another $10 Samsung pay visa prepaid credit and another $5 dunkin donuts credit. Have a black OtterBox on it (open screen design). This case is great and makes holding it feel secure and easier with a frame on the edges

damink23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ditto with others here. I loved the note 7 but Samsung needs to take time and figure it out. In the meantime I am loving the s7 edge. I also went for the 256 card. Between the first note 7 and the recall I already got a free year of Netflix and gear vr.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Turned in my Note 7 yesterday. Hated to do it, but I can certainly read the handwriting on the wall. So far, love the S7E. Use Samsung Pay all the time.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Got a pretty good group going here. I can see how a lot of N7 users would gravitate to the S7E. It's probably the closest experience to the N7. Now what's the best screen protector for this phone. Hehe

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get the Note 7, and now.... well. So I am looking at my options. The Pixel XL is a consideration, but really doesn't pull at me. I almost got the S7 Edge a few months ago when my Note 4 died (ended up with a replacement thru insurance).

So will I love the Edge after being a dedicated Note owner (had 2 and have 4)? I'd read there was some lagginess people were not happy about.

I'm wondering if I should just hang on to the Note4 until next year?

Ugg. I feel like I'm in mourning after the death of the Note7.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my 2nd note 7 yesterday at tmobile and got this s7 edge. Loving it so far?????? I submitted for the 256 memory card promo. Also got another $10 Samsung pay visa prepaid credit and another $5 dunkin donuts credit. Have a black OtterBox on it (open screen design). This case is great and makes holding it feel secure and easier with a frame on the edges

Not hard to push the on/off button with the Otterbox case on it? I have a red Otterbox case on mine and the on/off button is stiff and hard to push. Maybe it is my weak hands!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I like the s7 edge so far, and I've had the Note 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 previously. The edge doesn't bother me. I have an OTTERBOX case on mine that has the open screen. I don't have any issues with pressing the home button.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the Note 7, and now.... well. So I am looking at my options. The Pixel XL is a consideration, but really doesn't pull at me. I almost got the S7 Edge a few months ago when my Note 4 died (ended up with a replacement thru insurance).

So will I love the Edge after being a dedicated Note owner (had 2 and have 4)? I'd read there was some lagginess people were not happy about.

im not having any lag. i disable most of the junk i dont need which i do with most phones. whether or not you will love it depends on your use. if you were a heavy spen user, you might not like giving that up but unless you go with an older note, nothing else current will give you a styles that integrates nicely (both software and on device storage of stylus). i was never a big user of the spen. i used it now and then but coming from a nexus 6 before the note7 fiasco, i was fine without it and still am. pixel didnt wow me so the next logical choice was the s7e and im happy so far

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I went from Note 2 to Note 4 to Note 7. Loved all of them. Didn't feel comfortable with where things were heading with the Note 7 so instead of a replacement I switched over to the S7 Edge. Some will nitpick over what are really nothing more than minor differences between the N7 and the 7 Edge. But in all reality, they are pretty much the same phone just minus the S pen. Same RAM, same resolution screen (you won't even see the size difference from 5.7 down to 5.5), slightly better battery life, same weather sealing and so on. Haven't had any lag on mine. Even the Grace UX interface is rumored to be coming to the 7 Edge so they will functionally be the same before long. Only if you really need the pen would I wait and see what happens next year. For me, I didn't need it so I have gotten along fine with the 7 Edge.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I can see a there being a run on the S7E now. Glad I got mine already. The store I was at yesterday did say the only had certain colors in stock and not that many left. They were taking the N7 display down as I was exchanging mine. LOL

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I can see a there being a run on the S7E now. Glad I got mine already. The store I was at yesterday did say the only had certain colors in stock and not that many left. They were taking the N7 display down as I was exchanging mine. LOL
I think you are correct. The Bestbuy I returned my Note 7 at had no Edges in stock for any carrier. The next closest Bestbuy I went to about 15 miles away had 1 black VZW variant left (which I snagged) and 1 black open box Sprint version left.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Another Note 7 transplant. Returned the N7 to BB today and got a black S7 Edge....and a free 32" Samsung HD LED Smart TV. Would still rather have the N7. Amazing what a .2" reduction in screen size makes.....