New S7 Edge owner after returning Note 7 today

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I played with a Note 5 while at Best Buy today and with the very small amount of time I had with it I didn't notice any obvious differences...seemed speedy, S Notes wasn't gimped at all...what is it that makes it so "inferior"? I think it's available in a 64G model (no memory card), which is definitely a bummer but not a deal breaker. Is the battery life lousy or something?

Note 5 is a great phone, I had it before the note 7/ S7 edge. Only problem was the battery is noticeably worse then the note 7 and S7 edge.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not hard to push the on/off button with the Otterbox case on it? I have a red Otterbox case on mine and the on/off button is stiff and hard to push. Maybe it is my weak hands!
Not sure why your power button is hard to press.I have a Otterbox Defender case and the power button is easy to press.

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Same here, I just wish I had done it a few days earlier so I would have gotten the memory promo. I was able to get one from my Note 7 but my wife is going to be getting an S7 edge soon as well and I was hoping to get the memory for her to use.
There are a few things I miss, but overall OK.

Longhorngary

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I just returned my 2nd note 7 yesterday at tmobile and got this s7 edge. Loving it so far😃 I submitted for the 256 memory card promo. Also got another $10 Samsung pay visa prepaid credit and another $5 dunkin donuts credit. Have a black OtterBox on it (open screen design). This case is great and makes holding it feel secure and easier with a frame on the edges

swapped out my Note 7 today,, like the edge so far but will miss my s pen... Wonder if Note functionality could be added to the edge and come out with a case to hold a stylus.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just swapped my Note 7 for S7E today....I loved my N7 but glad ordeal is behind me. So far I think I'll get used to the form factor. I also submitted for the SD Card promotion and just used purchase date of 10/9 and included receipt (which shows 10/11). Worst case it gets rejected....best case it slips through :)

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I had the Note 5 before getting the Note 7. The killer issue with me was the lack of a SD card. I maxed out the inboard memory in no time with the N5.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Returned my replacement Note 7 yesterday at best buy and I am now on s7 edge pink gold color. It's a nice phone, it does get warm for sure, I do miss the grace ux and more options on always on display however I heard that with nougat s7 edge will get grace ux also.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The free tv sounds good, but don't really need a tv, so I think I'll wait till bestbuy does the dollar deal. $300 is to much for the s7. I got the n7 for $300, there's no way the s7 edge is worth the same.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I may as well join the party. While waiting for my replacement Note 7, I used an S7E loaner and liked it just fine and now with the "it's all over" recall, I turned my new Note 7 in this afternoon and went ahead and got the S7E. I couldn't help thinking, sheesh, I should have just kept the one I had. It seemed most logical and closest to the Note 7. Not quite the same shape, and I do miss the stylus, and I wish it had the same on board memory, but I did get the 256 MB card so at least I have external storage I can add. I already had the Gear Fit 2 watch with my Note 3 before the Note 7 and I actually do use the S Health app, and invested in the wireless charger, so it did make sense for me to choose another Samsung phone and I like the edge screen too so the S7E was clearly the logical choice. Just wish it were a little bigger but that was the gap the Note filled I suppose and the S7E is not THAT much smaller so it's livable. I have the pink gold one. And I figured I better run there today as I figured the supply might start to go down. I know today the store I was at (a BB) had 3 of the pink gold anyway, not sure of the others. But at this point, I'm settling in and dealing with the initial disappointment. I really, really liked the stylus usage in the Note series and will miss the precise tip and the interaction between the stylus and the phone-but I obviously will have to live without it and write with a generic stylus now that I hope I don't lose. But in terms of everything else-it's about the same difference so I'll be fine. It's a very lovely phone in its own right so all in all I'm pretty happy.Only offer I got was $10 for a Mophie power station though-that also LG G5 buyers get too, so I didn't think I was getting much this time around. I'm still waiting to see if my VR promotion ever went through. But the BB manager however allowed me to return the Note 7 case purchased in August as well as extra charging cable (USB-C port) I'd gotten several weeks ago so guess I can't complain there.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It is really nice seeing everyone here from the N7 forum and I am sure we will see more of us as the days go on.

I should have my eBay S7 Edge on Saturday. I am sure going to miss my N7 but I look forward to the next Note release, or what ever they decide to call it.

We definitely are a unique group, as we were the relatively small group of people who got to experience this awesome phone and then went through two emotional and irritating recalls, only to lose our beloved Note 7s while the world watched. We are actually part of history.

So Samsung ... Get your head out of your you know what and make sure you don't screw it up again. Most of us are willing to give you another chance and we look forward to your next best Note.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
It is really nice seeing everyone here from the N7 forum and I am sure we will see more of us as the days go on.

I should have my eBay S7 Edge on Saturday. I am sure going to miss my N7 but I look forward to the next Note release, or what ever they decide to call it.

We definitely are a unique group, as we were the relatively small group of people who got to experience this awesome phone and then went through two emotional and irritating recalls, only to lose our beloved Note 7s while the world watched. We are actually part of history.

So Samsung ... Get your head out of your you know what and make sure you don't screw it up again. Most of us are willing to give you another chance and we look forward to your next best Note.

Agreed!!

I'm going back when a new Note is released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy