New S7 Edge owner after returning Note 7 today

D_Gabe

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I've just exchanged my Note7 for a S7 Edge phone + 128 gb micro SD card, and a fast charge wireless charger. I really miss Note7's touchwiz version. They should update the S7 Edge to the Note7 software version (of course without the S-Pen features).

By the way, is it normal that 10% of the battery life was consumed during the 7 hours I was sleeping? It also overheated a lot when I tested the Wireless charger.

Can any S7 Edge owner confirm me how does the battery life should last over night?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've just exchanged my Note7 for a S7 Edge phone + 128 gb micro SD card, and a fast charge wireless charger. I really miss Note7's touchwiz version. They should update the S7 Edge to the Note7 software version (of course without the S-Pen features).

By the way, is it normal that 10% of the battery life was consumed during the 7 hours I was sleeping? It also overheated a lot when I tested the Wireless charger.

Can any S7 Edge owner confirm me how does the battery life should last over night?

I had S7 Edge before. It always was warmer while charging compared to the N7. Battery drain while sleeping was about the same as the N7, about 0.5% per hour with AOD off (or face down).

D_Gabe

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I had S7 Edge before. It always was warmer while charging compared to the N7. Battery drain while sleeping was about the same as the N7, about 0.5% per hour with AOD off (or face down).

So, If AOD is on all night it's not weird that a 10% of the battery got consumed, right?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You both ordered online? I wondered if that was an option. Everything I've read says return them to store. I want to order online and just get those funky fireproof boxes to send them back in. I loathe the stores.

I'm biting the bullet and I am going to switch from the N7 to the S7E as well... but I figured because this isn't ultimately the device I wanted (I'd rather be able to keep the N7), that I am going to order the one I want. It's still cheaper than the N7, but a little more than I would like to be spending right now.

I am opting to order a Black Onyx unlocked from Best Buy. When that gets to the store, I will then do my exchange and get the balance and whatever other credits owed to me.

I was considering just going the less expensive route, and looking at the Honor 8 and Axon 7, but there was too much lacking on each device that didn't I just couldn't settle for the $400 price tag and they have so little behind them.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm biting the bullet and I am going to switch from the N7 to the S7E as well... but I figured because this isn't ultimately the device I wanted (I'd rather be able to keep the N7), that I am going to order the one I want. It's still cheaper than the N7, but a little more than I would like to be spending right now.

I am opting to order a Black Onyx unlocked from Best Buy. When that gets to the store, I will then do my exchange and get the balance and whatever other credits owed to me.

I was considering just going the less expensive route, and looking at the Honor 8 and Axon 7, but there was too much lacking on each device that didn't I just couldn't settle for the $400 price tag and they have so little behind them.

Yay!!!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Some don't like the edges, but I think it makes for the most unique looking phone ever. s7 edge has the best build quality IMO. The s7 edge makes a great alternative!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Gee, all I've gotten from this was the 256 gb card. Oh well, don't much care about the rest.

I have a black S7E now. Would have loved to have it in blue, but of course Samsung has to wait before releasing it.

It's an okay phone. Can't say I'm "happy" with it, but I'm content. It was really the only choice. I hope they get Grace UX on it soon. It's those little differences between it and the N7 that I miss, like the better Settings menu, the color on the clock of the always on display, the little notification icons below it, etc.

One thing I DO like is that it's NOT the newest Gorilla Glass, so it shouldn't be as scratch-prone. Although the display quality itself isn't even close to the N7's.

Do you have T-mobile? Do you get an unlocked phone? Apparently, black isn't an option anymore? I read the press release from March and it clearly states it will be available in black.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-mobile and could not get black. We had to settle for the silver. One, I don't really even want this phone and two, no black option. :(
I could swear it was available in black and that the website was just wrong.
Anyone on T-mobile order a black one recently?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on T-mobile and could not get black. We had to settle for the silver. One, I don't really even want this phone and two, no black option. :(
I could swear it was available in black and that the website was just wrong.
Anyone on T-mobile order a black one recently?
When I had my edge briefly before going to a black note 5, I got a gold one-third just said black wasn't in Stock, not that it wasn't available to order.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

It's not the most pleasant solution. I just got off the phone with Best Buy, and AT&T, and Even Best Buy Support on twitter.

As it stands, because I want the Black Onyx S7E Unlocked, and there isn't one available for 250 Miles, I would have to first order it and have it sent to my house. For some reason, Best Buy cannot ship items between stores, only from regional warehouses to stores.

I would then have to return my Note 7 for a full refund. After talking to AT&T, because these are 2 or 3 separate transactions as opposed to 1 complete transaction, I would not be eligible for any more credits ($100/$75) towards my accounts. That to me defeats the purpose of any courtesy credits because I will be going through more of a hassle to finally get a replacement I really want, and not get any courtesy offerings for my trouble and frustrations.

I may have to wait it out a few more days considering even if I were to expedite the shipment to my house, it is still going to take more than a week to get to me.

So. Frustrating.

I just want this to be over with. I am not trying to bash the S7E at all, but we all know it is not ultimately the devices we wanted. Now I can't even get some assistance in getting settled with the next best option. And yes, it is all for a color.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
When I had my edge briefly before going to a black note 5, I got a gold one-third just said black wasn't in Stock, not that it wasn't available to order.

He did say it wasn't showing backordered. It just didn't look like an option. I think they originally had them, stopped making black, then eventually sold out of them.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to look into those skin things. I need to cover up the reflection and glare. Not sure how those work over the navigation buttons. I will have to do some research.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if there will be a s7 edge shortage now that we all are switching from note 7 to s7 edge ?
I mean if so in a way that is a bit of a good thing for Samsung so that they can retain customer within their brand.. did anyone get the $100 credit Samsung is offering? Best buy said they don't know about it so I didn't get it:(

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That rebate just went live this afternoon I understand. I believe you have to get it directly from your carrier it seems that you bought from a carrier so you probably would treat Best Buy like a carrier once they're aware of the program.

That's for a shortage I was in 4 different stores that didn't have a single S7 Edge and then one of them had a color I didn't want it to get one located 40 miles away just to find one on Tuesday

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks I'll check with best buy again and damn yeah now there will be shortage for sure as people will switch and have incentives to do so.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That rebate just went live this afternoon I understand. I believe you have to get it directly from your carrier it seems that you bought from a carrier so you probably would treat Best Buy like a carrier once they're aware of the program.

That's for a shortage I was in 4 different stores that didn't have a single S7 Edge and then one of them had a color I didn't want it to get one located 40 miles away just to find one on Tuesday

I think I'm going to get screwed out of the $100... I'm getting the S7E outright, and I wanted to get the Black Onyx. The only color not available for 250 miles from my area. I had to order it through the best buy web site, but they have this weird thing that doesn't allow them to ship inventory to other stores, they have to come out of the regional warehouses. So there basically isn't any Black Onyx S7Edge in my area.

Since I had to order it and have it shipped to my house, I have to return my Note 7 when my S7E gets here on Tuesday as opposed to exchanging the N7 for the S7E in store. What a pain. I did manage to get my S7E, unlocked and expedited to arrive on Tuesday, for a dollar less than the total retail cost of the device.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not the most pleasant solution. I just got off the phone with Best Buy, and AT&T, and Even Best Buy Support on twitter.

As it stands, because I want the Black Onyx S7E Unlocked, and there isn't one available for 250 Miles, I would have to first order it and have it sent to my house. For some reason, Best Buy cannot ship items between stores, only from regional warehouses to stores.

I would then have to return my Note 7 for a full refund. After talking to AT&T, because these are 2 or 3 separate transactions as opposed to 1 complete transaction, I would not be eligible for any more credits ($100/$75) towards my accounts. That to me defeats the purpose of any courtesy credits because I will be going through more of a hassle to finally get a replacement I really want, and not get any courtesy offerings for my trouble and frustrations.

I may have to wait it out a few more days considering even if I were to expedite the shipment to my house, it is still going to take more than a week to get to me.

So. Frustrating.

I just want this to be over with. I am not trying to bash the S7E at all, but we all know it is not ultimately the devices we wanted. Now I can't even get some assistance in getting settled with the next best option. And yes, it is all for a color.

It is really difficult to find the best solution to this situation. I hope you can soon get things worked out to your satisfaction.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Went back to Best Buy and I got me my TV! They were great, said oh you didn't get the TV? Come in and we will just give it to you. I zoomed over there and came home with a TV! You all are the best. Awesome info.

I now have the S7edge too. First real full day without processing an update and the battery hasn't been as good as my note. By 9pm I would still have 30% left. Maybe a couple of more cycles and it will get better.