10-16-2016 12:04 PM
151 123 ...
tools
    As much as I loved my Note 7 I just couldn't see keeping a phone I was not comfortable with. So I'm a new S7 Edge owner as of tonight. I'll do some nosing around here for tips.

The upside of this whole fiasco is I got a free 32" Samsung Smart TV for buying the S7 Edge tonight.
    10-09-2016 07:51 PM
    Same here. Just switched to the S7E from a "good" N7. No TV though. How'd you pull that.
    10-09-2016 08:45 PM
    Same. Picked mine up yesterday, last day of the gear vr promo. Been pretty happy with the s7e so far
    10-09-2016 09:20 PM
    Same here. Just switched to the S7E from a "good" N7. No TV though. How'd you pull that.
    I honestly don't know. When we were finishing up the BB guy just said "oh yea the free tv deal is still running with VZW, let me go get you one".
    shaleem likes this.
    10-09-2016 09:44 PM
    Same. Picked mine up yesterday, last day of the gear vr promo. Been pretty happy with the s7e so far
    Welcome. It's an excellent phone. Not a Note of course, but I hope you enjoy it.
    10-09-2016 10:02 PM
    As much as I loved my Note 7 I just couldn't see keeping a phone I was not comfortable with. So I'm a new S7 Edge owner as of tonight. I'll do some nosing around here for tips.

The upside of this whole fiasco is I got a free 32" Samsung Smart TV for buying the S7 Edge tonight.
    Welcome, former note 7 owner here as well. I quit the note fiasco in mid Sept. with the 1st recall. Ive grown to really enjoy the s7 edge. I hope you will too.
    Roman Akert likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:40 PM
    The S7e is a stellar phone, from features to specs to performance to design to pure aesthetics. Great piece of kit.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    10-10-2016 01:21 AM
    I just returned my 2nd note 7 yesterday at tmobile and got this s7 edge. Loving it so far😃 I submitted for the 256 memory card promo. Also got another $10 Samsung pay visa prepaid credit and another $5 dunkin donuts credit. Have a black OtterBox on it (open screen design). This case is great and makes holding it feel secure and easier with a frame on the edges
    mvsmith and shaleem like this.
    10-10-2016 04:52 AM
    Ditto with others here. I loved the note 7 but Samsung needs to take time and figure it out. In the meantime I am loving the s7 edge. I also went for the 256 card. Between the first note 7 and the recall I already got a free year of Netflix and gear vr.
    10-10-2016 05:56 AM
    Turned in my Note 7 yesterday. Hated to do it, but I can certainly read the handwriting on the wall. So far, love the S7E. Use Samsung Pay all the time.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:39 AM
    Got a pretty good group going here. I can see how a lot of N7 users would gravitate to the S7E. It's probably the closest experience to the N7. Now what's the best screen protector for this phone. Hehe
    10-10-2016 11:40 AM
    I was going to get the Note 7, and now.... well. So I am looking at my options. The Pixel XL is a consideration, but really doesn't pull at me. I almost got the S7 Edge a few months ago when my Note 4 died (ended up with a replacement thru insurance).

So will I love the Edge after being a dedicated Note owner (had 2 and have 4)? I'd read there was some lagginess people were not happy about.

I'm wondering if I should just hang on to the Note4 until next year?

Ugg. I feel like I'm in mourning after the death of the Note7.
    Jay Sacks and msndrstood like this.
    10-10-2016 12:32 PM
    I just returned my 2nd note 7 yesterday at tmobile and got this s7 edge. Loving it so far I submitted for the 256 memory card promo. Also got another $10 Samsung pay visa prepaid credit and another $5 dunkin donuts credit. Have a black OtterBox on it (open screen design). This case is great and makes holding it feel secure and easier with a frame on the edges
    Not hard to push the on/off button with the Otterbox case on it? I have a red Otterbox case on mine and the on/off button is stiff and hard to push. Maybe it is my weak hands!
    10-10-2016 01:01 PM
    I like the s7 edge so far, and I've had the Note 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 previously. The edge doesn't bother me. I have an OTTERBOX case on mine that has the open screen. I don't have any issues with pressing the home button.
    hopefulfarm and Gray Area like this.
    10-10-2016 01:03 PM
    I was going to get the Note 7, and now.... well. So I am looking at my options. The Pixel XL is a consideration, but really doesn't pull at me. I almost got the S7 Edge a few months ago when my Note 4 died (ended up with a replacement thru insurance).

So will I love the Edge after being a dedicated Note owner (had 2 and have 4)? I'd read there was some lagginess people were not happy about.

im not having any lag. i disable most of the junk i dont need which i do with most phones. whether or not you will love it depends on your use. if you were a heavy spen user, you might not like giving that up but unless you go with an older note, nothing else current will give you a styles that integrates nicely (both software and on device storage of stylus). i was never a big user of the spen. i used it now and then but coming from a nexus 6 before the note7 fiasco, i was fine without it and still am. pixel didnt wow me so the next logical choice was the s7e and im happy so far
    hopefulfarm likes this.
    10-10-2016 01:03 PM
    I went from Note 2 to Note 4 to Note 7. Loved all of them. Didn't feel comfortable with where things were heading with the Note 7 so instead of a replacement I switched over to the S7 Edge. Some will nitpick over what are really nothing more than minor differences between the N7 and the 7 Edge. But in all reality, they are pretty much the same phone just minus the S pen. Same RAM, same resolution screen (you won't even see the size difference from 5.7 down to 5.5), slightly better battery life, same weather sealing and so on. Haven't had any lag on mine. Even the Grace UX interface is rumored to be coming to the 7 Edge so they will functionally be the same before long. Only if you really need the pen would I wait and see what happens next year. For me, I didn't need it so I have gotten along fine with the 7 Edge.

msndrstood likes this.
    10-10-2016 04:06 PM
    I can see a there being a run on the S7E now. Glad I got mine already. The store I was at yesterday did say the only had certain colors in stock and not that many left. They were taking the N7 display down as I was exchanging mine. LOL
    shaleem and Fit24 like this.
    10-10-2016 07:25 PM
    I can see a there being a run on the S7E now. Glad I got mine already. The store I was at yesterday did say the only had certain colors in stock and not that many left. They were taking the N7 display down as I was exchanging mine. LOL
    I think you are correct. The Bestbuy I returned my Note 7 at had no Edges in stock for any carrier. The next closest Bestbuy I went to about 15 miles away had 1 black VZW variant left (which I snagged) and 1 black open box Sprint version left.
    10-10-2016 07:45 PM
    Another Note 7 transplant. Returned the N7 to BB today and got a black S7 Edge....and a free 32" Samsung HD LED Smart TV. Would still rather have the N7. Amazing what a .2" reduction in screen size makes.....
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:13 PM
    Personally...I would hang onto the N4
    10-10-2016 08:15 PM
    When i returned my Note 7 on Sept. 14th, I had to go 30 miles away to a Tmobile store that only had two left, both in black. I'm hearing it's hard to find them in stock right now and people having to drive a bit to other stores. Remember back in Sept the edge was one of the loaner options. Too bad they don't sell tmobile or unlocked refurbs or I would have saved money and bought that.

Now the question is in Feb when it's likely the S8 line is announced, will I blow more money and buy an S8 Edge, or wait until the next note comes out? Knowing me I will blow the money, then blow more money on another Note.

I VERY nearly bought an iTurd 7 Plus that Saturday, but the 128gb was back ordered until Oct 5-11 and I had two weddings that week unable to sit at home and wait for it to be shipped and the in store pickup option at the Apple store wasn't an option because it was backordered. That is how close I was to being a iPhone owner.

Overall the Edge probably blows the iPhone away in most areas except for speed.
    10-11-2016 01:18 AM
    I got a gold one..I really wanted a black s7edge and might exchange it for one lol..probably would take a hit on a restock fee though grr.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-11-2016 04:38 AM
    Just bought a refurb gold off ebay. I simply want the freedom to get the next Note when it is released. Not the best situation for me, but I know the S7 Edge is a great phone and it will work for me for a year.
    Shawn0813 and Gray Area like this.
    10-11-2016 07:19 AM
    I got a gold one..I really wanted a black s7edge and might exchange it for one lol..probably would take a hit on a restock fee though grr.
    if you're on tmo, black is not an option any more. they only stock the silver and gold ones unfortunately. i too wanted black but ended up with silver. having used it a few days now, im actually pretty happy with the silver. its a nice change of pace from my usual black or dark colored phones.
    10-11-2016 08:18 AM
    Another transplant here from the N7. Last night I went to 2 different BB looking for the Verizon s7e. The first BB only had 1 gold and 2 pink gold s7e in Stock. The other BB had 1 black (I bought) , 1 silver(which was bought while I was there from another N7 guy) , 1 gold, 1 pink gold. They also had a 256gb gold iPhone 7 +.... Meh.. Didn't care for it.. Almost bought it, but the price is ridiculous.. $1070? Not worth it.

I walked out with my black s7e and my free TV as well.

The 2 employees working the mobile dept both had N7s. One employee was adamant that he wouldn't give it up and said there's only been 1 case of the new phones burning up. (not true) . I told him you'll see a complete recall this week, good luck. He got cocky and said "whatever you don't know what your talking about. " and walked away. Hmmm.. Might go in to see him today...
    10-11-2016 09:39 AM
151 123 ...