My fiance recently bought the galaxy s5, however I want a newer phone, so i've been researching different types of phones. Can I get some of you that own this phone to give me some pros and cons of this phone? I think this is the one that I want, but I want to make sure that it's a good phone.
    10-09-2016 10:04 PM
    Con is non removable battery. The curved edge is not everyone's cup of tea.
    Pro is pretty much everything else about the phone.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:29 PM
    I have an s5 that I let my daughter use currently. The s5 compared to my s7 edge?

Pros s7 edge
    Bigger, better screen
    Faster, smoother performance
    Much better looking hardware
    Updated UI
    Better camera
    Gear vr compatibility (if your into that) i recently became hooked! Lol
    Better fingerprint recognition
    Multiple charging options (wireless, fast charging etc..)
    More future proof

Cons s7 edge
    Non removable battery (if that matters to you)
    If you dont like the curved screen I recommend an s7 or note 5.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:37 PM
    Cons for me are the battery life, having to use a case to stop you touching the edge with your palm, and not being able to buy a proper screen protector for it.

Everything else is spot on.
    dm3ready, KPMcClave and Mr_Spencer like this.
    10-10-2016 02:57 AM
    Cons for me are the battery life, having to use a case to stop you touching the edge with your palm, and not being able to buy a proper screen protector for it.

10-10-2016 02:57 AM

I agree. I am a heavy phone user. The S7 Edge is essentially a perfect phone except the lack of good screen protectors for it. Since I put a case on every one of my phones, the Edge screen issue is easily resolved with a slim case from Spigen.
    Oh, 1 more minor complaint is that in a few rare situations I find that I need to double tap on an item that is situated right on the curved edge screen.
    But seriously, that is really nit-picking a truly awesome phone. Everything just works well!!

Tips: I use Nova Prime or Action 3 launchers + BlackBerry Hub email to give me a super powerful productive phone!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:45 AM
    I don't ever use screen protectors, so that issue is moot for me.

I agree that the touchy edge issue is a negative that can be overcome with even the slimmest of cases. I find holding the S7 Edge without a case is downright uncomfotable anyway. Too much anti-ergonomics at play in trying not to inadvertantly touch an edge or drop the phone. I would like to be able to use the S7E at home without a case, but that issue, and the fact its a fingerprint magnet, means it's always wearing some sort of case.

I've found, with a bunch of tweaks (you can find threads about battery life related stuff here or on XDA), that the battery life is just fine by me. I bought the S7E over the S7 only due to the bigger battery. I hoped that the bigger battery would be enough to overcome the bigger screen and still give me better life than the S7, and I think it's turned out that way. I turn off the edge features and other stuff for which I have no use.

This is the first Galaxy Sx handset I've owned (7 years of BlackBerrys, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid Maxx, Droid Turbo, LG G4) and I am perfectly happy with the choice.
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:27 PM
    I went from the S5 to the S7e and am very happy with my decision. I love the edge screen, battery life and just about everything else. My S5 always ran hot, but so far the S7e is fine. I have a Zagg screen protector on it, but had to use a razor at the top of the protector because the case made it curl. I bought the S7e over the S7 because of the larger battery, bigger screen and the edge features. As it turns out, I only use the edge only for quick contacts. I have found the battery life to be good. I get a full day from one charge, unless I use the phone more than usual. I wouldn't trade this phone for anything!!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:26 PM