Coming from the Note 7, where I spent a lot of time & money finding the right case/protector.

One thing I found on the Note 7 that should translate to the S7 edge, is that you have to "enhance" the adhesive on screen protectors. I found by putting a TINY dab of clear silicone seal on the 4 corners of the glass screen protector, it wouldn't fall off.

The case I found for the Note 7 was the "Spigen Thin Fit Edge Case" - that case was "screen protector friendly". But, I see it's not available on amazon for the S7 Edge (1 to 2 month delay).

I've been going thru the posts, but don't see anything that would work for me: a super-thin case and a GLASS screen protector that doesn't get pushed-up by the case.

Has anyone found a combination like this??
    younggreenanne likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:49 PM
    There are more than a few threads devoted to this very topic, and a smattering of posts in other threads. BLUF, I don't believe that there has been a particular case and tempered glass screen protector (TGSP) combo that most folks have been happy with. The angle on the display corners on this S7e are fairly pronounced, so the TGSP have a tendency to not fit all that well. That's especially true with a case.

Yes, you will find the exception -- the person who says that their combo works great. But I think that most have given up on the TGSP and either gone to the film type or just go screen naked. I lost track of how many combinations that I tried before I gave up.

Did you really glue down the TGSP on your Note? How much did it muck up the responsiveness of the screen?
    10-10-2016 01:26 PM
    Did you really glue down the TGSP on your Note? How much did it muck up the responsiveness of the screen?
    I wouldn't call it "glue" - the silicone seal is really easy to remove from glass.

It didn't muck it up at all. I used a TINY amount of clear silicone seal on each corner. Once the protector is pressed-down, the silicone seal is REALLY THIN. The tempered-glass protector was black on the top & bottom and you couldn't see it once it was on. I actually had to remove it once, when I exchanged my FIRST Note 7 for a temporary phone. I saved it, and when I got my Second Note 7, used it again - again using some silicone seal. It's been working great. No "touch" issues, and it doesn't fall off.

Hate getting rid of my Note 7 again - I love that phone. But, the S7 Edge is almost as big, and pretty similar technically (except for the pen, of course).
    10-10-2016 01:55 PM
    I put a Zagg Glass Curve on my S7e while I was waiting for my Caseology Envoy to arrive. As soon as I put it on, the Zagg screen protector began to curl at the top. I contacted Zagg and they actually said they didn't recommend using a screen protector with their cases. Really?? Anyway, I really like the case and paid a lot of money for the screen protector, so I wanted to make them both work. I simply took a straight edge razor and cut the screen protector straight across right under the self facing camera lens (it is is kind of in the middle of "Samsung." It's not perfect, but it works for now.
    10-10-2016 07:19 PM
    I put a Zagg Glass Curve on my S7e while I was waiting for my Caseology Envoy to arrive. As soon as I put it on, the Zagg screen protector began to curl at the top. I contacted Zagg and they actually said they didn't recommend using a screen protector with their cases. Really?? Anyway, I really like the case and paid a lot of money for the screen protector, so I wanted to make them both work. I simply took a straight edge razor and cut the screen protector straight across right under the self facing camera lens (it is is kind of in the middle of "Samsung." It's not perfect, but it works for now.
    Did cutting with the razor etch the Gorilla glass screen? (that's my biggest scare w cutting)
    10-11-2016 05:53 AM
    Did cutting with the razor etch the Gorilla glass screen? (that's my biggest scare w cutting)
    It would probably be a better idea to cut the plastic protector before putting it on. A small scissors would probably work best. I'm getting my S7 Edge today and have ordered a case for it. I'll go without a screen protector initially, but if I do get one, it will probably end up being plastic, even though I really dislike plastic. I need to see the phone first.
    10-11-2016 08:31 AM
    I've yet to find a tempered glass screen protector for the S7 EDGE that doesn't negatively influence touch sensitivity
    10-11-2016 03:27 PM