Erica Griffin says it well: Bring Grace UI to the S7

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
She mentioned in her tweet that now that Samsung is taking away the Note 7 from all users, with most of them switching the S7, they should shift all the UI features (not the Spen features of course) to the S7 line up to save face.

Of course this act could also serve as encouragement for Note users to stay with Samsung.

The new Grace UI should make its way to the S7 line up as soon as possible. Not only is it going to compensate a little for ex-note users, it will also encourage current S line up users to stay with Samsung and look forward to what Samsung has next.

It's all about damage control now.

First recall: We appreciated Samsung.
Second and final recall: We are sad but at the same time frustrated about how Samsung has managed this issue.

Damage control! Samsung! You can do it we love you!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The S7E still has the old kinda useless AOD doesn't it? The one that only shows a few notifications? What else is the difference with Grace? I think I'm probably going to get a S7E, but had going backwards in functionality. The hardware sounds fine as I never use the pen anyway.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The S7E still has the old kinda useless AOD doesn't it? The one that only shows a few notifications? What else is the difference with Grace? I think I'm probably going to get a S7E, but had going backwards in functionality. The hardware sounds fine as I never use the pen anyway.

I think the biggest change is AOD. Yes it has the old version on it.

Grace UI has smoother animations, a different look to the app drawer and a slightly tweaked notification panel.

I use nova launcher so the only thing that's going to change for me will be AOD.

I don't really care about the upgrade. But I see how this act by Samsung can soften the blow a little.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It also has better folder management, the night mode thing (which reduces blue light), a much improved app drawer and just overall looks one heck of a lot better. I really hope Samsung will at least let us have this. And perhaps a rapid, global Nougat rollout. Or at least a global beta if they don't feel like rushing things (again)

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and the always on screen supports all app notifications, which makes it massivelyore useful than what we have on the S7E now. Grace UI would turn the phone into something dramatically better.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh, and the always on screen supports all app notifications, which makes it massivelyore useful than what we have on the S7E now. Grace UI would turn the phone into something dramatically better.

While I'm excited to get Grace UI, I'm partially hesitant as well.

I've followed both S7 and the note 7 forums. From when they were released to now. S7 faced very little "lag" complaints. While Note 7 forced you tubers to make videos about it. There had been tons and tons of threads and comments about the lag on the Note 7.

The hardware on both phones is the same. The software is not.

It took Samsung a lot of years to get rid of the lag. They fixed it on S6 series and improved a lot lot lot on the S7. With the note 7 and the new software, it came back.

IF it gets released, I will wait for reviews. I'll wait for at least two weeks to update my phone. Although I can easily flash the old one back if it's not good. But still. I will wait.

Maybe the new features plus the Grace UI is too much for the current processors to handle.

I don't know. I want it. But I'll hate it if it slows down my phone. Right now it's fast fast FAST!

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
She mentioned in her tweet that now that Samsung is taking away the Note 7 from all users, with most of them switching the S7, they should shift all the UI features (not the Spen features of course) to the S7 line up to save face.

Of course this act could also serve as encouragement for Note users to stay with Samsung.

The new Grace UI should make its way to the S7 line up as soon as possible. Not only is it going to compensate a little for ex-note users, it will also encourage current S line up users to stay with Samsung and look forward to what Samsung has next.

It's all about damage control now.

First recall: We appreciated Samsung.
Second and final recall: We are sad but at the same time frustrated about how Samsung has managed this issue.

Damage control! Samsung! You can do it we love you!

I agree, this would help Samsung save face. Just my $0.02.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I've followed both S7 and the note 7 forums. From when they were released to now. S7 faced very little "lag" complaints. While Note 7 forced you tubers to make videos about it. There had been tons and tons of threads and comments about the lag on the Note 7.

It took Samsung a lot of years to get rid of the lag. They fixed it on S6 series and improved a lot lot lot on the S7. With the note 7 and the new software, it came back.

IF it gets released, I will wait for reviews. I'll wait for at least two weeks to update my phone. Although I can easily flash the old one back if it's not good. But still. I will wait.

Maybe the new features plus the Grace UI is too much for the current processors to handle.

I don't know. I want it. But I'll hate it if it slows down my phone. Right now it's fast fast FAST!
my first note 7 stuttered quite a bit at times but the replacement one with the green battery update was nice and smooth. whatever extra tweaks were in that update (it was a 400+MB update, iirc, which is more than just a green icon) made the note7 much nicer to use. i'd love to get the Grace UX on my s7e and the note7 version of AOD.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site

There was a update for the T-Mobile Note 7 which improved performance greatly. Man that thing was great with little to no lag in my experience.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 ui

Do you reckon the s7 edge will get the grace ui and secure folder I've had to go with s7 edge now not happy about it but no way am I going iphone and I think the s7 edge is the next best thing to the note 7

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 ui

I've decided the same...

Won't know for sure till I get the s7e, but gotta be the closest one out there...

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

I'm proper gutted about the note 7 but I hope the s7 edge gets the same ui or at least get the note 7 theme store that's what I want so can get wallpapers and icon packs that's what I'm going to miss the most be silly if samsung does not move that to the s7 edge be a right kick in the teeth

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The s7 is back to being Samsungs flagship after the note 7 fiasco so I certainly hope it will encourage Samsung to support it fully with quick and fully featured updates. It's a huge loss for those that love the note 7 but may be a gain for those of us with the s7

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

The Grace UX is coming to the S7 and s7 edge with nougat..,already confirmed if you Google,,,,,but most people will not see that update till February or march.....

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
7 was my first note & NOTHING compared. Do not want an s7 clone - s pen was an integral part of note. I'll be keeping my refund aside in hope. C'mon Samsung, give us a third time lucky! I'm game.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital