Custom AOD???

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Did the S7 and S7 Edge get the update to customize the Always On Display with your own image? Or is it a Note 7 exclusive? Really want to use a custom image for it.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I think it's due in the 7.0 update. Seeing as the Note 7 is now totally dead, it's be useful for Samsung to push whatever useful functions to the S7 and Edge

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think it's due in the 7.0 update. Seeing as the Note 7 is now totally dead, it's be useful for Samsung to push whatever useful functions to the S7 and Edge

Would be an excellent good will gesture on their part. Sooner than later.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I want the third party notifications

No the S7 does not have it as of now.

Got my S7 Edge yesterday after handing back my Note 7 and the lack of third party AOD was the first thing I noticed. Hope they come soon as that was the feature I loved most about the Note 7 (stylus aside).

The lack of third party apps makes the AOD nothing more than a digital clock.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Got my S7 Edge yesterday after handing back my Note 7 and the lack of third party AOD was the first thing I noticed. Hope they come soon as that was the feature I loved most about the Note 7 (stylus aside).

The lack of third party apps makes the AOD nothing more than a digital clock.
Samsung already announced back in Sept that they will put it on the S7 brothers with the Nougat update. The only thing we're waiting for is them to finish testing.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Samsung already announced back in Sept that they will put it on the S7 brothers with the Nougat update. The only thing we're waiting for is them to finish testing.

Fair to say their test team has probably been rather busy of late - or not depending on which way you look at it...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Tests do take time. On average Samsung puts out updates 2-3mos after Google releases for Nexus devices. Although it may take more now since 7.1 is already out. Looking at December for the update, for non carrier devices.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason Samsung can't just update the AOD
App to do this, does it have to be done thru OS update. They issued a couple updates for AOD on the note 7 while we had it

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason Samsung can't just update the AOD
App to do this, does it have to be done thru OS update. They issued a couple updates for AOD on the note 7 while we had it

Yea, you'd think it would have been something they would have done before now. If it was available for the N7 they should have updated the app for the 7E at the same time.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I assume they were just keeping it for the Note as a selling point and just haven't got around to doing anything for the S7 at this stage. We'll probably see it all bundled with an OS update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20