Now that the Note 7 is no more I think Samsung will do everything to push it's current flagship, the

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
... I think Samsung will do everything to push it's current flagship, the Edge.

It will probably get Grace UX and other features of the note 7, such as the more extensive AOD plus probably Nougat sooner than it otherwise would have.

I am not to bothered about nougat as we have many of the features already but if they have included individual screen temperature settings as in the test versions I wouldn't say no.

Glad I stuck with the Edge. A great phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Now that the Note 7 is no more ...

The Edge was already announced to get Grace UX and extended AOD since way back Sept 22.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

... I think Samsung will do everything to push it's current flagship, the Edge.

It will probably get Grace UX and other features of the note 7, such as the more extensive AOD plus probably Nougat sooner than it otherwise would have.

I am not to bothered about nougat as we have many of the features already but if they have included individual screen temperature settings as in the test versions I wouldn't say no.

Glad I stuck with the Edge. A great phone.

Ever since the Note 7 was killed yesterday, the Samsung 7 Edge commercial has been all over the TV here in the UK.

kirkenpat

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I returned my Note 7 to a Verizon corporate store yesterday and they were completely out of S7 Edge in all colors. I had to order one. Good news is that it wasn't on backorder, just not in stores.

The girl said it was worse than an iPhone launch.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site

Yeah back to s7 edge today from note. Just wish the palm rejection was as good on this. Too many false neutrals!

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

SO happy I stuck with my S7 Edge. Something just felt off about the Note 7, and I really loved this phone when it was supposed to be my temporary one. So I decided to stay. Saved myself from another headache!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I returned my Note 7 to a Verizon corporate store yesterday and they were completely out of S7 Edge in all colors. I had to order one. Good news is that it wasn't on backorder, just not in stores.

The girl said it was worse than an iPhone launch.
Well now the silver is out of stock on Verizon website, and I suspect the other colors will follow suit. Mine is ordered, got the black

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I traded for a black S7E yesterday at the AT&T store. Silver is pretty but too shiny. If I clip it on my motorcycle handlebars, the reflection of the sun would be very annoying. The black sure is boring looking compared to my blue Note 7. Sigh.

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I currently have a S7E but I am really looking forward to the Gallaxy X which is supposed to come out sometime in 2017. That could be a show stopper!!

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

To compensate for the note 7 loss, Samsung should definitely push grace ux asap, launch the s7 edge in blue coral for all us carriers ( I see Verizon may get it ) and launch blue s view cover which is as comparable as the note 7 one was because currently the s view cover for s7 edge is nothing that great like note 7 was. Also they should push always on display update asap. Thsee things will help those who lost their note 7 plus man attract new buyers also more.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense for them to push the s7e. It's a decent phone. I wish I could have gotten black, but all the store had was silver and gold. Went with the silver to keep from going store to store.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It makes sense for them to push the s7e. It's a decent phone. I wish I could have gotten black, but all the store had was silver and gold. Went with the silver to keep from going store to store.

Stopped by my Verizon store and Best Buy today and they had zero in any color.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Stopped by my Verizon store and Best Buy today and they had zero in any color.

Which is why I jumped on going after work 10/11/16 as soon as I could after the later Monday 10/10/16 announcement as details were only just coming in when I arrived home from work in the evening. Well I am so glad I did not waste any time grabbing my S7 Edge. Mine's from Best Buy-AT&T, Pink Gold color.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

I swapped my Note 7 for the Edge 7 yesterday at the local Tmo store. I am glad I did. I walked in thinking "OK, I will take the black one" but no,a guy who walked in ahead of me took the last black S7E, so I opted for Silver. And by the time i waled out, they were out of all colors.

I was happy to see all that were there to swap the N7 were going for the S7E.

Moral of the story - GET THE REPLACEMENT WHILE YOU CAN - The S7 Edge is running out!

I am not bailing out on Android & SAMSUNG. I am to vested in the Android OS, and I have a free Gear VR on the way, so with that in mind I had two choices S7 (my wife has that, and its too small for me) or the S7E.

I will survive with the Edge, so far its working ok. I only caught myself trying to extract a S-Pen only twice. When the Note 8 comes out, I will the 1st in line. You know Samsung will pull out all the stops.