too many mainstream media saying "Samsung Galaxy phones exploded" including S7 edge...

I am a news junkie and just this morning alone, I counted more than a dozen of them referring to the explosions without mentioning the words "Note 7" at all....

Some examples from ABC, CNN, CNBC, RT, Bloomberg, New York Times:

"over a dozen replacement Samsung Galaxy phones exploded in...."

"Samsung 7-series phones caught fire"

"owners of Galaxy 7 phones being asked to return their phones to the cellular carriers"

"Samsung still has not released information on why the batteries in these S7 edge phones are self-combusting..."

The last one is what caught my attention.... since I also have a S7 edge, in addition to the Note 7. News media people are frequently very careless when reporting stuff... but people who watch or read their reports are even less likely to know what's going on.... by using wrong words, the vast majority of non-Samsung users are going to think that all Samsung "Galaxy" phones are catching fire.... What is Samsung doing to prevent this?
    10-12-2016 02:16 PM
    I don't really care what "users" think. I have no stock in Samsung, and if people don't have enough common sense to disregard 95% of the internet crap that's their problem.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:46 PM
    I don't really care what "users" think. I have no stock in Samsung, and if people don't have enough common sense to disregard 95% of the internet crap that's their problem.
    I just think Samsung's whole brand "Samsung" or "Samsung Galaxy" is being damaged as a whole.... to most common people...
    10-12-2016 02:55 PM
    It's sad because samsung did make great phones and this note 7 fiasco is cost them everything in a way. Hopefully they can regain trust. I got s7 edge two days ago after returning my replaced note 7.. I have many friends on s7 edge since it first launched and have had no issues. Mainstream media will tarnish samsung but not apple...
    10-12-2016 03:17 PM
    It's sad because samsung did make great phones and this note 7 fiasco is cost them everything in a way. Hopefully they can regain trust. I got s7 edge two days ago after returning my replaced note 7.. I have many friends on s7 edge since it first launched and have had no issues. Mainstream media will tarnish samsung but not apple...
    exactly... even if what they say is not true... most people will just take it as the fact... and it will spread like wildfire from there. Like all the things that they say about Trump and Clinton.. 99% are untrue, but people just keep repeating them anyway.
    10-12-2016 03:28 PM
    Every year when Samsung makes their Galaxy S announcement, it will make a tour through the media channels quietly almost as an time filler.
    When Apple makes their fall announcement, the same media are sitting on camera babbling & drooling while holding their current iPhone.
    It is a noticeable difference.

On the flip side of that. Still trust what they are saying about anything else?
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:36 PM
    That is the media for you. Once they get on a narrative, right or wrong they will beat it to death to the best of their abilities.

The S7E has been out long enough so there is no issue. That being said, all smartphones that use Lithium Ion batteries are at risk. A very, very small percentage of every single make & model have battery failures.

Samsung pulled the plug on the Note 7. Their S7 & S7 edge phones have been out long enough to prove they are not about that small percentage of failures.

But what happened this last month is Pandora's Box has been opened. An iPhone melted while on a flight, as in the plane was in the air. Just happened thus past week. I have a gut feeling that Apple slightly assisted the media in their campaign against Samsung. But it might come back and bite them in the posterior.

The media has long since lost all credibility with me.
    10-14-2016 06:04 AM
    The lamestream media reports on every Kim Kardashian tidbit. Need I say more about just how lame the media is??

Too bad there is no way to filter out all the KK stories, as well as the Kaitlyn Jenner stories. ABC news is the worst when it comes to too much coverage of those dolts.
    10-14-2016 01:07 PM
    I was in my doctor's office and when I said I had a Samsung S7 Edge he was taken aback and worried about it exploding. I tried to explain that it was the Note 7 that had issues but he still seemed confused. I think the stigma will last a long time.
    10-14-2016 01:23 PM
    I was in my doctor's office and when I said I had a Samsung S7 Edge he was taken aback and worried about it exploding. I tried to explain that it was the Note 7 that had issues but he still seemed confused. I think the stigma will last a long time.
    I get that also from my iPhone devoted friends. Almost every single time... I've had the S7 Edge since it came out in March. Yes, it gets warm sometimes. That's NORMAL. But it hasn't melted or exploded yet. And it most likely will not. Because it is a good quality phone that Samsung did not mess up.
    10-14-2016 03:01 PM
    Every year when Samsung makes their Galaxy S announcement, it will make a tour through the media channels quietly almost as an time filler.
    When Apple makes their fall announcement, the same media are sitting on camera babbling & drooling while holding their current iPhone.
    It is a noticeable difference.

On the flip side of that. Still trust what they are saying about anything else?
    I kid you not, a popular CNN anchor(yes, the one with the hair) once said that Steve Jobs should have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize because he "invented the smartphone" which made the world a more peaceful place. I may be a little fuzzy on tech history after the 1980s, but I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs did not "invent" the smartphone.
    T48 and 1812dave like this.
    10-14-2016 07:30 PM
    CNN=liberal network
    Apple lovers= (usually) liberals. I guess it's because they admire form over function? Something about left brain vs right brain? The weird thing is that libs are "left-wing", yet brain-wise, it's their RIGHT brain that is supposedly the dominant side.
    10-17-2016 02:41 PM
    😎 The reality is that-Hear about SAMsung phone explosions is Not news
    anymore. A big percentage of ACentral members, who don't like
    or can't afford to Buy this phone..Are Feed up with the
    back 'n Forth stories..time to put and End to this,.
    10-17-2016 03:57 PM
    I really love my note 7 I received my note 5 exchange but, darn if they didn't forget to send my box and return label with the Note 5. I need to get it out of here it's driving me nuts just laying there along, with a brand new Otterbox Defender case which I ordered from Otterbox still in it's shipping package to send back too!
    10-17-2016 04:12 PM
    Because some galaxy s7 edge phones did catch fire. Samsung is currently being sued over a s7 edge that gave a man 3rd-degree burns all over his leg. And his is not the only one. Now the number is less than the note 7. But still makes you wonder. Just the same they hava a recall on some of their washers also for exploding. To many exploding things for Samsung. I'm done with them until the improve their track record.
    10-17-2016 08:55 PM
    I kid you not, a popular CNN anchor(yes, the one with the hair) once said that Steve Jobs should have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize because he "invented the smartphone" which made the world a more peaceful place. I may be a little fuzzy on tech history after the 1980s, but I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs did not "invent" the smartphone.
    The first phone that could effectively be considered a smartphone was built in 1992. Hehe. People are idiots.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    10-17-2016 08:57 PM
    Because some galaxy s7 edge phones did catch fire. Samsung is currently being sued over a s7 edge that gave a man 3rd-degree burns all over his leg. And his is not the only one. Now the number is less than the note 7. But still makes you wonder. Just the same they hava a recall on some of their washers also for exploding. To many exploding things for Samsung. I'm done with them until the improve their track record.
    3 reported cases of exploding S7 Edge phones out of 7 million sold.

But you believe what you want.
    10-17-2016 09:29 PM
    3 reported cases of exploding S7 Edge phones out of 7 million sold.

But you believe what you want.
    This could happen to any brand I just got a new one yesterday night loving it. Golden colour things may happen all and the world that doesn't apply to each n everyone
    10-17-2016 09:40 PM