11-06-2016 05:25 PM
210 1234 ...
tools
    My daughter has an S7edge and has no problem getting to the theme store, even my wife on her Note 5 found it. They don't have the Grace UI, but I will admit that I really liked Grace a lot not at all like TouchWiz.
    Yay ... I change my theme a couple of times a week. I have a bunch of them.
    10-12-2016 08:55 PM
    I, too, am here after returning my replacement Note 7. I had an S7 Edge as a loaner while I was waiting for the Note 7 replacement. In retrospect, I wish I'd kept it -- it would have saved a lot of time and effort.. Anyway, I now have a new S7 Edge and I'm happy.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:19 PM
    AT&T will have the ugly Pixel in November.....
    I'd heard that rumor but wasn't sure if it was confirmed or not.
    10-12-2016 09:22 PM
    I found a brand new edge on Swappa for $535. The Note 7 locked me into a 2 year contract and I paid around $460 with taxes and I don't want to be not eligible for upgrade when the new variation of the note I want comes out so that's why I decided to do that. The $75 difference is worth it for the difference I will save when the phone I want comes out imo. Now Before I did that I called the store I got my replacement note from to make sure I would be able to return it and she said sure no problem and my upgrade eligibility will be reset, just bring the original card you used when you placed the web order for your first note and we will refund what you paid to the card and if we can't get it on the card we will mail you a check.

A couple questions:
    Has anyone had any difficulty just returning the Note 7 to Sprint for a full refund? I am still leary of anything sprint tells me unless it is in writing.
    Also when I activate the new s7 edge i got on swappa, will i be charged an activation fee?
    I saw the icon packs mentioned. I purchased a few on the note. Will i be able to use them on the edge? Thanks
    mmsean likes this.
    10-12-2016 11:00 PM
    I found a brand new edge on Swappa for $535. The Note 7 locked me into a 2 year contract and I paid around $460 with taxes and I don't want to be not eligible for upgrade when the new variation of the note I want comes out so that's why I decided to do that. The $75 difference is worth it for the difference I will save when the phone I want comes out imo. Now Before I did that I called the store I got my replacement note from to make sure I would be able to return it and she said sure no problem and my upgrade eligibility will be reset, just bring the original card you used when you placed the web order for your first note and we will refund what you paid to the card and if we can't get it on the card we will mail you a check.

A couple questions:
    Has anyone had any difficulty just returning the Note 7 to Sprint for a full refund? I am still leary of anything sprint tells me unless it is in writing.
    Also when I activate the new s7 edge i got on swappa, will i be charged an activation fee?
    I saw the icon packs mentioned. I purchased a few on the note. Will i be able to use them on the edge? Thanks
    Here's my story and can't say it will apply exactly to you but it should. Pre-ordered my N7 over the phone with Sprint. Exchanged recalled N7 via Sprint AET. Exchanged my "safe" N7 at a local corporate Sprint store. Mind you the reps here are polite and helpful albeit were pretty busy with customers and others exchanging/returning N7s.

I was on a 24 month installment plan to pay for N7. My options were get a full refund which meant get the 2 installment months I paid for while I had the phone plus taxes I paid initially. The taxes would be sent by check but still needed my ccard I initially used which is weird. In your case they'd give you back what you've paid so far.

I chose to exchange for S7E. What they essentially ended up doing is treating my exchange as a return. Giving my money back. And starting a brand new order with S7E. I actually got those initial 2 N7 installment payments credited back to my Spirit account same day, about $70. Waiting for the check for taxes. Still had to pay taxes for S7E as well.

They may or may not charge you activation but mine was waived. Sorry long winded but hope that made sense for other Sprint users out there
    10-12-2016 11:28 PM
    I would also assume they'd reset your upgrade eligibility but since you're contract vs. Installment can't say for sure. If you want it in writing try chatting with Sprint rep to confirm and save chat log?
    10-12-2016 11:32 PM
    I would also assume they'd reset your upgrade eligibility but since you're contract vs. Installment can't say for sure. If you want it in writing try chatting with Sprint rep to confirm and save chat log?
    I am not worried about the contract thing. That is a non issue. They can't keep me in a contract that was tied to a device they are forcing me to return. The lady at the store already told me that wouldn't be an issue.
    10-13-2016 12:09 AM
    No I no the s7 edge has theme store but you can only get themes that's it the note 7 theme store had themes wallpapers and Icon packs
    10-13-2016 02:50 AM
    Welcome. The s7 Edge is the closest experience to the Note 7 that you will find. It's basically the same phone minus the s-pen but with better battery life.
    10-13-2016 07:25 AM
    Think I'm going to have to get mine replaced I've got my screen set to half brightness and it's no were near as bright as my note 7 on same setting if I turned it up full it's about the same as my note on half brightness so I think there is something wrong with me s7
    10-13-2016 07:48 AM
    It's the white background I'm having problems with its got a grey dull to it if that makes sense
    10-13-2016 07:49 AM
    It's the white background I'm having problems with its got a grey dull to it if that makes sense
    my whites are white. sounds like maybe u have a bad device, or maybe some settings set different vs your note. go into display settings and see if you're set to the same profile you had on the note; by default its adaptive. try some of the other settings and see if it helps. also, if you used the blue light filter on the note it greatly warmed up the colors and comparing that to the s7e is apples to oranges. you wont get that same super warm color unless samsung adds a similar feature in an update.
    10-13-2016 10:33 AM
    Screen on my new S7E seems to be just fine. The curve is much more noticeable compared to the Note 7, but the color & brightness look the same.

I too hope they bring the Grace UI over to the S7E.

I stayed with Samsung because of the Gear VR
    Adaboy likes this.
    10-13-2016 11:34 AM
    Yay ... I change my theme a couple of times a week. I have a bunch of them.
    There is a theme store, the same theme store you just can't use note specific themes.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-13-2016 11:36 AM
    There is a theme store, the same theme store you just can't use note specific themes.
    Thank you. I guess I will be finding out soon which of, if any, of my themes I can't use.
    10-13-2016 12:00 PM
    Thank you. I guess I will be finding out soon which of, if any, of my themes I can't use.
    Your welcome, hopefully most of them will transfer.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-13-2016 12:08 PM
    Well I got the s7 edge today just got in from work and set it up so disappointed with it the screen seems no were near as good as the note 7s to be honest the s6 edge loaner I had seems better than this so don't no if it is faulty but I'm not happy to say the least I thought the screens was ment to be nearly the same but looks no were near as sharp setting is the same
    You may have a faulty unit. The display on the s7 edge is actually more crisp then the note 7 due to using the same exact display but it's stretched on the note 7 for the .2 bigger size. Because of the smaller display size the pixel density is higher on the s7 edge. In terms of my experience with my note 7 and S7 edge, the screen looks the same except the s7 edge gives a very slight sort of parallax effect due to the wider edges.
    10-13-2016 12:13 PM
    The display on the Note 7 had a higher color gamut and higher brightness levels as well.
    10-13-2016 12:36 PM
    Well mine just wants to be retarded. It works but acts weird and laggy.
    10-13-2016 12:46 PM
    I just got my s7 edge today and I think it's an acceptable replacement for me. The only complaint I have us the color I ended up with(silver). I could have went to another store to try and find a black, but I didn't want to do all of that. Other than that it works for me.
    What city do you live in lol? I wanted silver, no dice, so stuck with black.
    10-13-2016 12:52 PM
    Ye it's got the theme store but it doesn't have wallpapers and icon packs like the notes theme store has
    10-13-2016 12:59 PM
    Settings are the same as the note it just seems like when I'm on this forum the white used to be bright white on my note and on this s7 edge it seems like the white is a bit grayish I'd post a pic but there isn't a option to add a pic unless u lot can help lol
    10-13-2016 01:03 PM
    Doing a reset on mine now. Just in case the update I got messed it up.
    10-13-2016 01:08 PM
    Well I think I've found the problem think it's the built in screen protector on me case that's causing the problem lol
    10-13-2016 01:15 PM
    I got the S7 Edge today too (returned the Moto Z Force which I got Monday to replace my Note 7). I also got and Intuos Creative Stylus 2 which is a great alternative to the sPen. I uses bluetooth - it gives good results on the S7E
    I was seriously considering the Moto ZF to replace my N7...can you provide any feedback on your experience with the Motorola ZF?

I'm eyeing the Samsung S7E now.
    10-13-2016 01:16 PM
210 1234 ...