11-06-2016 05:25 PM
210 12345 ...
tools
    The s7 edge is the best phone I've ever owned IMO. I had the Note 5 and I prefer the s7E. Unless you you the S pen a lot, the s7 edge is just as good as the Note 7. Many reviewers even stated the upgrading from a s7 edge to a note 7 wasn't a necessity. So yeah I's say the s7 edge is the best alternative out now.
    ggrr8t likes this.
    10-13-2016 02:20 PM
    What city do you live in lol? I wanted silver, no dice, so stuck with black.
    I wanted black and could only get silver. What carrier on you on?
    10-13-2016 03:24 PM
    Verizon just shipped my black s7 edge.
    10-13-2016 03:31 PM
    Verizon just shipped my black s7 edge.
    I wonder if all carriers besides T-mobile has black.
    10-13-2016 05:55 PM
    I wonder if all carriers besides T-mobile has black.
    Verizon was out of black and gold till today, now they are out of silver onLine.
    10-13-2016 06:20 PM
    Verizon
    10-13-2016 07:32 PM
    What city do you live in lol? I wanted silver, no dice, so stuck with black.
    I live in Houston.
    10-13-2016 07:53 PM
    Just finished setting up my S7 edge in chrome and boxing the Note 7 up in the crazy packaging that Sprint sent to return it in.
    10-13-2016 09:24 PM
    Just finished setting up my S7 edge in chrome and boxing the Note 7 up in the crazy packaging that Sprint sent to return it in.
    Lucky you. You got a box. T-mobile told me everyone has to return their Note7 to the store. That's what I've been trying to avoid. At least we'll get our phones delivered, so we don't have to waste more time in the store.
    10-13-2016 09:52 PM
    Verizon said they were sending me a box to return my note 7... haven't seen it yet...

Not a problem for me, as I kinda wanna see how this plays out over the next week or 2
    10-13-2016 10:02 PM
    What is a proper procedure for a factory reset before I ship my N7 back to Samsung? Thanks.
    10-14-2016 02:46 AM
    Here's my story and can't say it will apply exactly to you but it should. Pre-ordered my N7 over the phone with Sprint. Exchanged recalled N7 via Sprint AET. Exchanged my "safe" N7 at a local corporate Sprint store. Mind you the reps here are polite and helpful albeit were pretty busy with customers and others exchanging/returning N7s.

I was on a 24 month installment plan to pay for N7. My options were get a full refund which meant get the 2 installment months I paid for while I had the phone plus taxes I paid initially. The taxes would be sent by check but still needed my ccard I initially used which is weird. In your case they'd give you back what you've paid so far.

I chose to exchange for S7E. What they essentially ended up doing is treating my exchange as a return. Giving my money back. And starting a brand new order with S7E. I actually got those initial 2 N7 installment payments credited back to my Spirit account same day, about $70. Waiting for the check for taxes. Still had to pay taxes for S7E as well.

They may or may not charge you activation but mine was waived. Sorry long winded but hope that made sense for other Sprint users out there
    I'm on the payment plan too and I was wondering how it would work. I want to return mine and get the refund so that I can go to Best Buy and get the S7 Edge because I want the Pink Gold. This info you posted helps a lot
    djlee0314 likes this.
    10-14-2016 05:20 AM
    What is a proper procedure for a factory reset before I ship my N7 back to Samsung? Thanks.
    Back up your stuff with your preferred choice of back up software, then factory data reset from settings.
    10-14-2016 07:28 AM
    Yeah... same here. I went in yesterday to trade in my wife's Note 7... when I called earlier in the day, they had black, silver and gold. By the time I got there, they were out of black and I picked up the silver instead. No bigger... I would have preferred black but my wife couldn't care less.

I wasn't going to immediately get the S7E... but knowing what my wife said about the Note 7; she really liked using it, REALLY liked the battery performance and liked how speedy the camera is, but she really never used the S-Pen.... getting an S7 Edge instead was sort of a no-brainer. And I have a feeling that had I waited a couple of days, I might have had a hard time finding one. And she had already started to complain about the the S7's battery life... or lack thereof more specifically.

So sooner than later.

No biggie.... I can use another Jump in March.
    10-14-2016 10:14 AM
    I called around to a few TMo stores to ask about a black one. Most just said they didn't have any. The fourth store told me he checked his system earlier in the week b/c getting so many calls about black S7 Edges. He said they can't get them at all anymore. It's not in their system to order. I ended up getting one on Swappa. Hasn't shipped yet. I just couldn't go back to the awful silver (imo) I had for the loaner.
    10-14-2016 10:20 AM
    Hasn't shipped yet. I just couldn't go back to the awful silver (imo) I had for the loaner.
    Black would have been awesome.. silver? Meh.. it's fine.

The GOLD one though...

S7 edge from note 7-ron-jeremy-482x298.jpg
    msm0511 likes this.
    10-14-2016 11:14 AM
    Black would have been awesome.. silver? Meh.. it's fine.

The GOLD one though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ron-jeremy-482x298.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	242292
    That gold is hideous!!! Again, just my opinion. Not knocking those who like it. I just have a personal aversion to phones that don't have all black fronts. It used to not bother me, but now it does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The silver back doesn't really bother me though.
    10-14-2016 11:34 AM
    Considering the phone is ~$700, I'm not going to settle for whatever color is available, I'm getting the color I want. VZW was out of stock when I went to exchange my Note 7 for the S7E. As I was waiting at the store for them to order me one in black, a new shipment came in and I was able to get one directly off the truck. Manufacture date 9/27/2016. So yeah, they're still making them. Not sure why T-Mobile is not getting new stock in black (or maybe rep was just unaware).
    10-14-2016 11:38 AM
    Verizon said they were sending me a box to return my note 7... haven't seen it yet...

Not a problem for me, as I kinda wanna see how this plays out over the next week or 2
    Can you imagine being the pilot of the cargo plane taking a full load of note 7s back to wherever their sending them.
    10-14-2016 11:59 AM
    Can you imagine being the pilot of the cargo plane taking a full load of note 7s back to wherever their sending them.
    I doubt they are going back to SK... They will most likely be shipped via chartered courier to holding areas... Once Samsung figures out what the hell is wrong with them, then they'll deal with them then.

No way I am putting them on a plane though... if they would even be allowed to.
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-14-2016 12:19 PM
    That gold is hideous!!! Again, just my opinion. Not knocking those who like it. I just have a personal aversion to phones that don't have all black fronts. It used to not bother me, but now it does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The silver back doesn't really bother me though.
    DBrand front skin...done.
    10-14-2016 12:21 PM
    They cannot be shipped by air.
    10-14-2016 12:21 PM
    Considering the phone is ~$700, I'm not going to settle for whatever color is available, I'm getting the color I want. VZW was out of stock when I went to exchange my Note 7 for the S7E. As I was waiting at the store for them to order me one in black, a new shipment came in and I was able to get one directly off the truck. Manufacture date 9/27/2016. So yeah, they're still making them. Not sure why T-Mobile is not getting new stock in black (or maybe rep was just unaware).
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know Samsung still makes them, it's just that T-Mo doesn't carry them anymore. They have the S7 in black and gold, and the S7 Edge in silver and gold. It was some wonky decision to only carry 2 colors of each device. I'm kinda wondering if they'll bring back the black in the S7 Edge now that all this is happening.
    10-14-2016 12:22 PM
    So yeah, they're still making them. Not sure why T-Mobile is not getting new stock in black (or maybe rep was just unaware).
    Probably just lack of knowledge. When in doubt, don't say squat.
    10-14-2016 12:22 PM
    DBrand front skin...done.
    I did think about that, but once I found a black one on Swappa I figured I'd go that route. I'll prolly get a naked skin from Slickwraps for the black one I get. That's what I did for my Note 7.
    chazglenn3 likes this.
    10-14-2016 12:24 PM
210 12345 ...