S7 edge from note 7

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Well I got the s7 edge today just got in from work and set it up so disappointed with it the screen seems no were near as good as the note 7s to be honest the s6 edge loaner I had seems better than this so don't no if it is faulty but I'm not happy to say the least I thought the screens was ment to be nearly the same but looks no were near as sharp setting is the same

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I got the s7 edge today just got in from work and set it up so disappointed with it the screen seems no were near as good as the note 7s to be honest the s6 edge loaner I had seems better than this so don't no if it is faulty but I'm not happy to say the least I thought the screens was ment to be nearly the same but looks no were near as sharp setting is the same
That can't be right. The S7 Edge had the best screen before Note 7 came into the picture. Better check properly mate if your screen is faulty. It's still one of the best options in Samsung since Note 7 has been recalled.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the curve of the screen, the reflection it gave off on the sides made the screen seem, to me anyway, a lot smaller than it actually was.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Just got mine as well, and I feel your pain. Don't like the sharper curve of the edges, the screen feels so much smaller (even though it's not), and I've lagged twice between hitting the home button and actually going to the home screen. :(

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Still adjusting as well. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone just not a Note. I put an Otterbox on mine which smooths the edges a bit and adds protection but it's uncomfortable in the hand. I've adjusted to the screen size but little thinks like vibration and build quality feel a tad cheaper. The screen also has some faint bleeding in the bottom when viewing certain content.

Overall I'm happy with the performance though. Once I got the content scaling, animation settings and Nova installed there was no more lag.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I don't no if it's not as a sharp it seems like there is a film over the screen don't no how to explain it the blacks don't look as black it looks a bit washed out

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I hope we get the grace ui I really miss the new theme store the note had so u could get wall papers and icon packs hope that comes to this

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I hope we get the grace ui I really miss the new theme store the note had so u could get wall papers and icon packs hope that comes to this
My daughter has an S7edge and has no problem getting to the theme store, even my wife on her Note 5 found it. They don't have the Grace UI, but I will admit that I really liked Grace a lot not at all like TouchWiz.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
No I no it has the theme store but u only get themes on the s7 the note had themes wallpapers and icon packs I've just got a wallpaper that I had the note 7 that purple sunset and it looks no were near as good on this that on the note I'm really pissed I can't have the note think this is going back the screen is no were near as good

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got my s7 edge today and I think it's an acceptable replacement for me. The only complaint I have us the color I ended up with(silver). I could have went to another store to try and find a black, but I didn't want to do all of that. Other than that it works for me.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
The LG looks like a great phone. I am considering it as I have 13 days left with the S7E. While the screen scores higher with regards to brightness, it looks like color accuracy is way off.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
LG V20 is in my sights, as well as if AT&T were to carry the ugly Pixel, i'd consider that. I REALLY want to wait for the Note 8 or whatever it ends up being, but I don't know if my Note 4 will hold on that long.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I got the S7 Edge today too (returned the Moto Z Force which I got Monday to replace my Note 7). I also got and Intuos Creative Stylus 2 which is a great alternative to the sPen. I uses bluetooth - it gives good results on the S7E :)

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't no if it's not as a sharp it seems like there is a film over the screen don't no how to explain it the blacks don't look as black it looks a bit washed out

That sounds strange to me. The blacks on my S7E are much blacker than the N7 blacks were. I'm a photographer so I really notice things like color temperature, contrast, dynamic range, etc.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I remember when I first went into Sprint store to check out the S7E, I was like nah I'll wait for the Note 7.. I just can't go back to a smaller phone since having the Note 2. All I have now is an HTC M8 smh