S7 edge from note 7

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm back with a silver S7 Edge. Picked it up today. Oh well, I still had my old accessories. I was thinking about that new LG, but, I couldn't give up the edge screen and the beautiful glass and metal case. And, in spite of it all, I am a Samsung person.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Note5 off of eBay, there's nothing out there that warrants my 2 year upgrade/commitment and I'm not settling for an S7edge because it's the closest, I'll wait to see what the S8 is like now that they have to add in some Note features to gain people back after this mess.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has an S7edge and has no problem getting to the theme store, even my wife on her Note 5 found it. They don't have the Grace UI, but I will admit that I really liked Grace a lot not at all like TouchWiz.

Yay ... I change my theme a couple of times a week. I have a bunch of them.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am here after returning my replacement Note 7. I had an S7 Edge as a loaner while I was waiting for the Note 7 replacement. In retrospect, I wish I'd kept it -- it would have saved a lot of time and effort.. Anyway, I now have a new S7 Edge and I'm happy.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I found a brand new edge on Swappa for $535. The Note 7 locked me into a 2 year contract and I paid around $460 with taxes and I don't want to be not eligible for upgrade when the new variation of the note I want comes out so that's why I decided to do that. The $75 difference is worth it for the difference I will save when the phone I want comes out imo. Now Before I did that I called the store I got my replacement note from to make sure I would be able to return it and she said sure no problem and my upgrade eligibility will be reset, just bring the original card you used when you placed the web order for your first note and we will refund what you paid to the card and if we can't get it on the card we will mail you a check.

A couple questions:
Has anyone had any difficulty just returning the Note 7 to Sprint for a full refund? I am still leary of anything sprint tells me unless it is in writing.
Also when I activate the new s7 edge i got on swappa, will i be charged an activation fee?
I saw the icon packs mentioned. I purchased a few on the note. Will i be able to use them on the edge? Thanks

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I found a brand new edge on Swappa for $535. The Note 7 locked me into a 2 year contract and I paid around $460 with taxes and I don't want to be not eligible for upgrade when the new variation of the note I want comes out so that's why I decided to do that. The $75 difference is worth it for the difference I will save when the phone I want comes out imo. Now Before I did that I called the store I got my replacement note from to make sure I would be able to return it and she said sure no problem and my upgrade eligibility will be reset, just bring the original card you used when you placed the web order for your first note and we will refund what you paid to the card and if we can't get it on the card we will mail you a check.

A couple questions:
Has anyone had any difficulty just returning the Note 7 to Sprint for a full refund? I am still leary of anything sprint tells me unless it is in writing.
Also when I activate the new s7 edge i got on swappa, will i be charged an activation fee?
I saw the icon packs mentioned. I purchased a few on the note. Will i be able to use them on the edge? Thanks

Here's my story and can't say it will apply exactly to you but it should. Pre-ordered my N7 over the phone with Sprint. Exchanged recalled N7 via Sprint AET. Exchanged my "safe" N7 at a local corporate Sprint store. Mind you the reps here are polite and helpful albeit were pretty busy with customers and others exchanging/returning N7s.

I was on a 24 month installment plan to pay for N7. My options were get a full refund which meant get the 2 installment months I paid for while I had the phone plus taxes I paid initially. The taxes would be sent by check but still needed my ccard I initially used which is weird. In your case they'd give you back what you've paid so far.

I chose to exchange for S7E. What they essentially ended up doing is treating my exchange as a return. Giving my money back. And starting a brand new order with S7E. I actually got those initial 2 N7 installment payments credited back to my Spirit account same day, about $70. Waiting for the check for taxes. Still had to pay taxes for S7E as well.

They may or may not charge you activation but mine was waived. Sorry long winded but hope that made sense for other Sprint users out there :)

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would also assume they'd reset your upgrade eligibility but since you're contract vs. Installment can't say for sure. If you want it in writing try chatting with Sprint rep to confirm and save chat log?

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I would also assume they'd reset your upgrade eligibility but since you're contract vs. Installment can't say for sure. If you want it in writing try chatting with Sprint rep to confirm and save chat log?

I am not worried about the contract thing. That is a non issue. They can't keep me in a contract that was tied to a device they are forcing me to return. The lady at the store already told me that wouldn't be an issue.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
No I no the s7 edge has theme store but you can only get themes that's it the note 7 theme store had themes wallpapers and Icon packs

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Welcome. The s7 Edge is the closest experience to the Note 7 that you will find. It's basically the same phone minus the s-pen but with better battery life.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Think I'm going to have to get mine replaced I've got my screen set to half brightness and it's no were near as bright as my note 7 on same setting if I turned it up full it's about the same as my note on half brightness so I think there is something wrong with me s7

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It's the white background I'm having problems with its got a grey dull to it if that makes sense

my whites are white. sounds like maybe u have a bad device, or maybe some settings set different vs your note. go into display settings and see if you're set to the same profile you had on the note; by default its adaptive. try some of the other settings and see if it helps. also, if you used the blue light filter on the note it greatly warmed up the colors and comparing that to the s7e is apples to oranges. you wont get that same super warm color unless samsung adds a similar feature in an update.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Screen on my new S7E seems to be just fine. The curve is much more noticeable compared to the Note 7, but the color & brightness look the same.

I too hope they bring the Grace UI over to the S7E.

I stayed with Samsung because of the Gear VR

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007