S7 edge from note 7

greatg67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about the Smart lock on the S7E. On my Note 7 I could set to keep the phone unlocked when connected to my home network. I can't seem to find this option on the S7E?

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the Smart lock on the S7E. On my Note 7 I could set to keep the phone unlocked when connected to my home network. I can't seem to find this option on the S7E?

Smart Lock goes off of location or device, not network but you can find in Settings>Lock Screen and Security>Secure Lock Settings>Smart Lock

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
And on Verizon we now have an FM radio. Didn't have that on the 7 that I knew of. Will be handy at NFL games to listen to commentary when there is no interest throughput at the stadium.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
And on Verizon we now have an FM radio. Didn't have that on the 7 that I knew of. Will be handy at NFL games to listen to commentary when there is no interest throughput at the stadium.
NextRadio was available for download on the N7 also. Had it on the first and 2nd N7

Edit: Also download it on S7edge loaner too
Verizon

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Wait what...I thought Verizon had this functionality turned off...

So is it NextRadio that I need to install for TRUE FM radio capability (with headphones for the antenna, I know). Next FM brings up NextRadio in search results.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Every time I think about downloading Next Radio, I don't bother. I use Bluetooth headphones 99% of the time. Sucks that you have to have headphones plugged in for antenna. 👎

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know Samsung still makes them, it's just that T-Mo doesn't carry them anymore. They have the S7 in black and gold, and the S7 Edge in silver and gold. It was some wonky decision to only carry 2 colors of each device. I'm kinda wondering if they'll bring back the black in the S7 Edge now that all this is happening.

At least you have some choice. In Canada, where I live, you can get S7E in any color as long as it's black. No choice. I got mine in black yesterday after I hugged my beloved N7 to say goodbye.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Got my S7 Edge yesterday in silver. It looks nice enough and in many ways tries to act like my note 7. I think it feels my pain and is longing to lick the tears from my cheeks but it cant. He has his faults, like accidentally activating apps when i pick it up touching the edge of the screen. I'm sure he knows that if my faithful note 7 were to return, scratching at my door then i'd take ol' S7 by the case, lead him somewhere secluded and put him outta his misery.

Freddy44

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I reckon your screen is broken already. Mine had a brilliant picture for the whole month of its life before it turned an amazing shade of green and packed up.

djturnz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I'll be headed down to the S7Edge from my Note as well.
I do use the S-Pen a good bit. I'm also not happy with the 32GB loss. My NOTE 7 is at 28GB of 64 used. I do have an SD card, but not everything can go on it. I guess it is what it is. I was thinking Pixel XL, but after watching a couple reviews, I don't like it.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 7 had the option of when you swiped down the notification screen that there were small arrows next to wireless, bluetooth etc. You could click the arrow and have choices right there and not have to go to the settings first. Is there anyway to get this option on the Edge 7?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The note 7 had the option of when you swiped down the notification screen that there were small arrows next to wireless, bluetooth etc. You could click the arrow and have choices right there and not have to go to the settings first. Is there anyway to get this option on the Edge 7?

Yes, just tap and hold. I actually like this better on the S7 than the Note 7.

Last edited:

desireeb3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got my S7E today...silver...and I guess it's ok. The only reason I am switching (other than the Note7 catching fire around the world) is because I have to travel by AirPlane this Thursday.

I just saw a rumor online of a Coral Blue S7E possibly being released. If this is true, I hope it's released within my 14 day return period.

And ultimately i'm waiting for the release of the Note 8 news.

Cheers to us Note7 lovers! :-*