S7 edge from note 7

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It should be somewhere in the Display settings... It was one of the first things I tweaked when I picked up my wife's replacement S7E... They used the same screen scaling on the Edge as they use on the regular S7... which is silly... there's a 1/2 inch difference in the screen, so the icons sort of looked silly.
That is so weird, I dont have that option!!
Maybe different carriers different settings? I have verizon.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
First.... the display scaling thing came in a system update at some point. Are you up to date? If you are on an old build, you might not have the setting.

Second... if its running hot, that is a little odd. When I got my wife's I had it dump some 120 apps from the Play Store in it and it didn't get hot... a little bit warm, but nothing even remotely close to triggering a temp warning like that.

I believe I am up to date. I've checked under System Updates and it says it is up to date. I am on VZW. Maybe they removed that option?

I used Smart Switch N7 --> S7e. After that I had maybe 10(ish) apps needing updates and I put it off due to leaving the house (no WiFi). Returned home about an hour later and proceeded to d/l the updates and the phone got hot as heck. Then the screen went black and the warning popped up. I set the phone down and would guess it took about 30 minutes for the phone to cool down and return to normal operation.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have verizon.

Ug... Verizon... I'm on T-Mobile. I do know for a fact that Verizon screwed around with the settings on the S7, wouldn't shock me if this was one of them.

Why.. WHY they felt the need to go in and mess around with things they have no realistic reason to mess around with... I don't know. Because Verizon.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ug... Verizon... I'm on T-Mobile. I do know for a fact that Verizon screwed around with the settings on the S7, wouldn't shock me if this was one of them.

Why.. WHY they felt the need to go in and mess around with things they have no realistic reason to mess around with... I don't know. Because Verizon.

This is why I dumped Verizon a long time ago. They remove features for no reason. Stupid.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Well I got the s7 edge today just got in from work and set it up so disappointed with it the screen seems no were near as good as the note 7s to be honest the s6 edge loaner I had seems better than this so don't no if it is faulty but I'm not happy to say the least I thought the screens was ment to be nearly the same but looks no were near as sharp setting is the same

Dude, it was OK the first time you typed like this. But every single message you write "no" instead of "know"? "ment" instead of "meant". I hope English is your 2nd language. Seriously, not trying to be offensive. If English is your primary language, you've got some work to do.

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand why they would do this..it's so annoying!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I'll check mine tonight. I've got one coming from Swappa that's out for delivery. BTW, what theme are you using to get your settings like that? It looks pretty nice.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
A minor complaint, but one nonetheless. I'm on Tmobile and they don't even offer S7Edge in black online and no local stores show it in that color. Why does Verizon and AT&T show it as an option to order and some of their stores have black in stock??? Grrr. I got a gold one because black wasn't even showing as an option :(

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
A minor complaint, but one nonetheless. I'm on Tmobile and they don't even offer S7Edge in black online and no local stores show it in that color. Why does Verizon and AT&T show it as an option to order and some of their stores have black in stock??? Grrr. I got a gold one because black wasn't even showing as an option :(

Yeah, I've been reading other's post in here and the Note & forums that Black Onyx is no longer offered by TMo. Considering the possibility of the Blue Coral coming soon, and the Holiday Shopping season just a few weeks away, I wouldn't be surprised for Blue Coral and possibly black to show back up around then.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I got a silver one. No complaints really. I'll only have it like 5 months anyways.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I got a silver one. No complaints really. I'll only have it like 5 months anyways.
Did you buy it outright? I got mine on the tmobile eip plan so I make payments. I tend to pay off early though, especially if something of extreme interest comes out and proves to not be a disaster

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you buy it outright? I got mine on the tmobile eip plan so I make payments. I tend to pay off early though, especially if something of extreme interest comes out and proves to not be a disaster
I'm fine with the gold, I just really love the black.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the S7 Edge today too (returned the Moto Z Force which I got Monday to replace my Note 7). I also got and Intuos Creative Stylus 2 which is a great alternative to the sPen. I uses bluetooth - it gives good results on the S7E :)

Can you give the downside to you on the Moto Z Force please. I am torn between that and the LG V20 as options. Thanks.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance for a moment. The N7 Was the first phone I have ever owned with a pen. I don't get what it is for. I can see some use but some of you have said you miss it and are always reaching for it. Thanks