New s7 edge HOT

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 7 this morning. On the drive home I connected the Edge to my car charger, a Motorola OEM charger that I've used for years since my Droid days. I found the Edge to be getting very hot, really hot,..... The Moto is not an adaptive charger. I'm now charging the Edge on the Samsung wireless Fast Charger that I used with the Note. I'd say that the phone is just a few degrees warmer than the desk the charger is sitting on. Maybe these phones need the adaptive charger to keep cool. BTW what app are you using in your screen shots?
Cpu temp, and phone info

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine gets really toasty. Almost to hot to hold along the edges I miss my Note 7

d8fe12b822ef50f24243f98bccb360a4.jpg

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't stress about the temps. It will take it a day or two to calm down but after that it will run very cool. Had mine since launch and this was a common question. It is related to the os and apps getting setup/configured/loading info in the background for your personal experience. It will also get somewhat warm during os updates.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Woke up at 3am and noticed my s7 Edge was hot on the charger (wireless) and its never been like that in the middle of the night.
I went to the play store and removed Google Photos and Android System Webview and when i got up at 530am it was running normally.
Installed Android System Webview and so far at work all seeems normal. So Palladium65 might be correct in thinking Google Photos was the culprit.
Tonight going to do some more testing and see whats up.

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Woke up at 3am and noticed my s7 Edge was hot on the charger (wireless) and its never been like that in the middle of the night.
I went to the play store and removed Google Photos and Android System Webview and when i got up at 530am it was running normally.
Installed Android System Webview and so far at work all seeems normal. So Palladium65 might be correct in thinking Google Photos was the culprit.
Tonight going to do some more testing and see whats up.
When u say that you removed Google photos you mean you just uninstalled the update? It's seems that's the only option available there in the Google play store, or did you go to your settings and stopped it from running??

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully mine does the same. Battery life has been pretty sucky too.

Something else you might want to try is to wipe the device cache partition. Sometimes that gets corrupted and can cause problems.

Also, if you restored a lot of data from another phone, it may be backing up and indexing a lot of data for the first day or so and then settle down.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I went into the google play store and uninstalled it.
So heres what happens. If you have a device with preinstalled software it will remove updates. If you have an app that you installed from scratch it will completely uninstall it.
So far my device is running fine with google photos back to its stock setting aka removing the update and then installing/updating the Android System Webview app back. Originally i thought Android System Webview was the culprit as its caused issues in the past but this time i dont think its the problem. I think google photos is the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC