Samsung Pay one of the (many) reasons I am sticking with Samsung

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Don’t you just love it?

I use it at certain stores that do not block Samsung Pay, and with the exception of the membership cards not scanning from the app, this is a quick and easy way to pay. I use my fingerprint and boom, it is ready to use and it is speedy fast. I have surprised many cashiers with Samsung Pay, with them saying that they had never seen anyone pay with a phone. I used to use Android Pay, but Samsung Pay, in my opinion, is much better than Android Pay.

Hopefully Samsung addresses the membership card issue soon. They worked fine before the most recent Samsung Pay update (just around the time the replacement Note 7s became available). A number of people have said since then that their membership cards no longer scan at registers. If yours does, let me know. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I loved it when I had my Samsung phones. I am getting a Pixel but I will miss using it for sure.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
That, always-on display, wireless charging, expandable storage... makes the decision easy for me. I'll feel like I'm going back in time if I settle for a phone without one of those features, let alone a phone without ANY of these features (how is this still possible in 2016 and how do those phones even sell?).

Also not to be outdone, aesthetics... Samsung has really stepped up its design game.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I agree with this. I only used a couple of times, but it's one of the reasons I am hopping mad that I don't have my Note 7. The MST functionality just makes it the best.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
If I could trust it to work when I need it, I would love samsung pay. When it works it is wonderful. But I still have to carry my cards for when it doesn't work. If I could just get away with my DL and my phone, I would stick with Sammy.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If I could trust it to work when I need it, I would love samsung pay. When it works it is wonderful. But I still have to carry my cards for when it doesn't work. If I could just get away with my DL and my phone, I would stick with Sammy.

There are stores where I have not been able to get it to work. For instance some have gotten it to work at Walmart but I have not. Where it works though it is great.

And speaking of Walmart, I have used Walmart Pay and it is also very easy.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay is the reason my wife has a Samsung phone, and also the reason my next will likely be Samsung. :D

There are stores where I have not been able to get it to work. For instance some have gotten it to work at Walmart but I have not. Where it works though it is great.

And speaking of Walmart, I have used Walmart Pay and it is also very easy.

I've gotten Samsung Pay to work at Walmart, but I usually have to try a couple times. I normally use Walmart Pay there. It works very well, but it takes a long time to get ready to pay. If you are not at the self checkout you can get it ready while the cashier is scanning your items, but the problem with that is that the cashiers do not know how to use it.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I love Samsung Pay and it is a big reason I went with the S7e after returning my N7. My wife is very jealous of it since her Apple Pay is pretty stinky really. Mine just works every time. Her Apple Pay has been very hit or miss for her.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Samsung pay is pure sorcery!!! I love it! LOL. The expressions and reactions on peoples faces when they say, "We don't do that here" and then it works, it so great!!

I also decided to stay with samsung because of is, but also because of the premium feel and look of their current offerings, as well as features like wireless charging, water & dust resistant, the camera, expandable memory, and I do actually like the curved edges and edge panels. I really hope they start to expand on the use and functionality of them with more apps and options.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Don’t you just love it?

I use it at certain stores that do not block Samsung Pay, and with the exception of the membership cards not scanning from the app, this is a quick and easy way to pay. I use my fingerprint and boom, it is ready to use and it is speedy fast. I have surprised many cashiers with Samsung Pay, with them saying that they had never seen anyone pay with a phone. I used to use Android Pay, but Samsung Pay, in my opinion, is much better than Android Pay.

Hopefully Samsung addresses the membership card issue soon. They worked fine before the most recent Samsung Pay update (just around the time the replacement Note 7s became available). A number of people have said since then that their membership cards no longer scan at registers. If yours does, let me know. :)

Why is it better than Android Pay? Not causing an argument, genuinely interested.

I use Android Pay in the UK and you don't even need to unlock with your fingerprint. The phone doesn't even have to be unlocked if NFC is on. It's brilliant.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why is it better than Android Pay? Not causing an argument, genuinely interested.

I use Android Pay in the UK and you don't even need to unlock with your fingerprint. The phone doesn't even have to be unlocked if NFC is on. It's brilliant.

It can be used in many places Android or Apple Pay cannot be used. I always had to unlock Android pay even though I did not think I had to do it if the phone was unlocked.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

It can be used in many places Android or Apple Pay cannot be used. I always had to unlock Android pay even though I did not think I had to do it if the phone was unlocked.
Also NFC has to be on for Android Pay to work. For me, I use Samsung Pay few and far between, so I don't need to keep NFC on, and it doesn't take any toll on my battery. And yes, it is more readily usable at more places thank Apple and Android Pay, because they have to use NFC enabled payment systems, which most places especially smaller shops do not have or want to invest the money into. The Samsung Pay technology mimics the information on your card when activated, and this allows it to be used almost anywhere, not just designated pay terminals. I believe the only absolute exceptions are gas and atm terminals.

I've only ever had it not work for me at one place, and I'm pretty sure it's cause the girl taking my order didn't know what to do.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well except for some reason now membership cards don't work with Samsung Pay, and I had no luck with Android Pay, either. I wonder if the "Beaming Service for Samsung" might be the culprit, and not the Samsung Pay app at all...

My credit card/payment is working o.k. but darn I miss being able to do it all with my phone. Now I have to dig in my purse to find my keychain that has the discount card, and THEN either dig for my wallet to look for the Visa card, or hope I haven't dropped my phone on the floor by now and use IT to make my payment.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Well except for some reason now membership cards don't work with Samsung Pay, and I had no luck with Android Pay, either. I wonder if the "Beaming Service for Samsung" might be the culprit, and not the Samsung Pay app at all...

My credit card/payment is working o.k. but darn I miss being able to do it all with my phone. Now I have to dig in my purse to find my keychain that has the discount card, and THEN either dig for my wallet to look for the Visa card, or hope I haven't dropped my phone on the floor by now and use IT to make my payment.

I use Beep'ngo app for my membership cards, it's great

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Been using Samsung Pay since Sept 2015 & I absolutely love it! I like it even more since shops began using chip readers. The chip readers are so slow that even cashiers love Samsung Pay b/c it makes transactions move along faster.