In the Note 7 settings under accessories, there is a toggle for Fast Wireless Charging. I don't see this on the edge. Does the Edge not have this feature?
    10-13-2016 09:37 PM
    In the Note 7 settings under accessories, there is a toggle for Fast Wireless Charging. I don't see this on the edge. Does the Edge not have this feature?
    I think it may just be enabled by default, just drop and charge no need to enable any options.
    10-13-2016 09:45 PM
    Yes its there...i use both sometimes wired fast charging and most of the time wireless fast charging...just go to seeting, battery ,then go all the way down there u see the button for fast charging
    10-13-2016 09:50 PM
    Yes its there...i use both sometimes wired fast charging and most of the time wireless fast charging...just go to seeting, battery ,then go all the way down there u see the button for fast charging
    Think that's for the Qualcomm fast charging, meaning wired, not wireless.
    10-13-2016 09:51 PM
    The descriptions are slightly different
    10-13-2016 09:54 PM
    If both phones have the same version of Android, how can they have differences in the settings?
    10-13-2016 09:55 PM
    If both phones have the same version of Android, how can they have differences in the settings?
    Different devices, different hardware, but sane android os
    10-13-2016 09:56 PM
    Because the manufacturer can set this up however they want it. That's why an LG or a Samsung doesn't have the same features software wise even if they have the same Android OS. Typically Notes have an updated version of Samsung's UI compared to the S versions. The S versions get the Note UI usually with a major update a couple of months after Note release.
    10-13-2016 09:58 PM
    Interesting. Thanks.
    10-13-2016 10:00 PM
    Think that's for the Qualcomm fast charging, meaning wired, not wireless.
    On my Verizon S7E, under Settings>Battery, there's a toggle for "Fast cable charging" and another toggle for "Fast wireless charging".
    10-14-2016 02:29 AM
    On my Verizon S7E, under Settings>Battery, there's a toggle for "Fast cable charging" and another toggle for "Fast wireless charging".
    That's weird. I have a Verizon edge but only have the fast cable charging option.
    10-14-2016 03:13 AM
    That's weird. I have a Verizon edge but only have the fast cable charging option.
    Check your phone for any system updates. Maybe there is one lingering? I have Verizon s7e, and the toggles for cable/wireless fast charging is under battery
    10-14-2016 05:08 AM
    Fast charging cable is the only option I have as well. No system updates are available.
    10-14-2016 06:07 AM
    That's odd, I have a Verizon s7e and I do think have that option. Are you on the latest firmware?
    10-14-2016 06:26 AM
    Fast charging cable is the only option I have as well. No system updates are available.
    For those not seeing this option, are you actively using wireless charging? I don't think the option for fast wireless charging toggle showed up on my Note7 until I started using wireless charging,
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-14-2016 08:21 AM
    That was it! It appeared after my first wireless charge. Thanks.
    10-14-2016 08:40 AM
    If u havent ever charged your phone with fast wireless charger that switch will not show...
    Only after i charge it once then the switch shows.
    10-18-2016 09:47 AM
    I don't have my S7Edge yet. But my colleague and I found this same issue when I was trying to show him the charging settings on out Note 7s. We're both on AT&T, but his didn't have the option to turn on fast wireless charging under the battery setting, but the fast wired charging was there.

Something that would originally have lead me to think it's a carrier controlled option was when I tried to show someone with a sprint Note 7 something in his power and battery settings, but he was missing Device security options under Device maintenance. But since my colleague and I are both on AT&T, I was confused as to why the settings are setup differently. Still haven't figured out why that is.

I should have my S7E either tonight or tomorrow night. I'll try to see if the settings are what you're seeing as well.
    10-18-2016 09:54 AM
    For those not seeing this option, are you actively using wireless charging? I don't think the option for fast wireless charging toggle showed up on my Note7 until I started using wireless charging,
    Just saw this post... I believe that's what happened with my colleague... he thought he had a fast wireless charger, but I think he was mistaken.
    10-18-2016 09:56 AM