Hi all,

People seem to be getting double texts from me since I bought my new s7 edge about 6 months ago. It's been an on and off problem. I've done a factory reset twice, I don't have any third party messaging apps. I use my phone for business and it comes across as really unprofessional (especially since I work in IT). Has anyone else encountered this? I have a friend that works for IBM that also has the same issue. So frustrating! Also I know it's not my carrier because I had an iphone for two years and never encountered this issue.

Any help is appreciated

P.S. I get double texts on occasion but this is of less concern to me.
    10-14-2016 08:12 PM
    I've had that happen across at least ten devices including iPhones even going back pre smartphone days. I think it's some network glitch...
    10-15-2016 10:07 PM
    I had a lot of trouble with that on Verizon. I haven't had it happen since I went to at&t. I would blame the carrier before the phone, especially if service is spotty. Pretty sure your phone is only sending it once, from then on, it's all carrier, yours AND theirs.
    10-15-2016 10:22 PM
    Hmm... that's odd. I get a lot of double texts from att subscribers, but they never complain about getting them from me?

What carrier is the op on? I've never got a double text from anyone that wasn't on att, so maybe it's just a verizon-att thing?
    10-15-2016 10:25 PM
    I have had a number of issues with people getting duplicate texts from me and I am with Verizon.
    10-15-2016 10:27 PM
    I have heard of this problem with Verizon only. I agree it would be tempting to blame the carrier, however as I've mentioned I had an iphone before and never had this happen before. This is literally like every fourth texts will get sent twice. So frustrating for a $500 phone.

My carrier is rogers currently.

Thanks for the replies guys, if the interwebs can't figure this one out this is a serious problem.
    10-17-2016 02:00 PM
    Do you have more than one messaging app on your phone by any chance? I've had this happen before and that was the root of my issue.
    10-17-2016 02:30 PM
    Ok well apparently this is related to Voice over LTE being implemented. I guess my previous phone did not have it. So I called my carrier and they disabled it so I'll keep you updated. Shocking that I scoured the internet and never came across this. Apparently its happening with all s7 edges. Something to do with the increased bandwidth sometimes causing duplicate texts. I hope this helps someone else!
    10-17-2016 02:30 PM
    I wonder if changing your texting app would help. I've found Textra to be much more useful than the default or Google apps.
    10-17-2016 10:07 PM