10-28-2016 01:20 PM
39 12
tools
    Just an aside:

in some cases you CAN use Samsung Pay on int'l S7/S7E. With TWO caveats: I went all around the maypole, bought the int'l S7 cuz i HAD to have WHITE version, THEN bought T-Mobile S7 when i found out Samsung Pay NOT supported on Int'l varient, just for grins side loaded Samsung Pay (pulled it off with APK extractor (i'm not rooted btw, plus Samsung Pay will NOT work ONCE Knox has been tripped, even if you UNroot) and voila! i had full Samsung Pay ap on Int'l varient of S7. I called Samsung cuz i was mighty confused AND peeved, and they said its advertised as ONLY on U.S, varients IN CASE its not supported in the country your int'l version is from...

Prolly better to get U.S. carrier version IF Samsung Pay a deal breaker, but like i said, in a lot of cases Samsung Pay WILL work...

BTC
    That white S7 is pretty sweet. I think they shoulda thrown gold metal on there instead of silver though.
    10-16-2016 09:49 PM
    yeah it actually seems to be selling out a lot this week. pretty glad i picked up the black onyx version from AT&T when i kept debating if i should've ordered the pixel xl or get the Samsung but i didn't feel like i was getting 900 worth of hardware with the pixel xl (not water resistant,not super amoled & i don't like the google on screen buttons) & was for sure not going to keep it over the new Note series
    10-16-2016 10:52 PM
    yeah it actually seems to be selling out a lot this week. pretty glad i picked up the black onyx version from AT&T when i kept debating if i should've ordered the pixel xl or get the Samsung but i didn't feel like i was getting 900 worth of hardware with the pixel xl (not water resistant,not super amoled & i don't like the google on screen buttons) & was for sure not going to keep it over the new Note series
    You made the right decision. No always-on display, no wireless charging, no Samsung Pay, and a much less inspiring design on the Pixel as well. We all have our tastes, but the S7E is the easy choice to me vs. the Pixel.
    Tiko7523 and French like this.
    10-17-2016 12:10 AM
    Yes they have been selling out. Especially the Pink Gold. Was able to get the last one at Best Buy.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-17-2016 01:44 AM
    I've come to realize to stay in the samsung realm, the s7 edge is the no brainer. Say what you will but it's a smaller note 7 with out the s pen. Small differences in software but the same. That being said... I've called 4 T-Mobile stores and they are sold out. Any one else in the same boat? I don't want to get rid of the N7 but it's time and I put my tail between my legs and move forward and wait to load all my info to my S7E to only upload to the future note8? Samsung is a great company. There was a oversite and well.. it happens. Hope to see most of you in the note 8 forums.. Salute!🍻
    Well said!
    10-19-2016 12:27 PM
    As I stated in another thread here, I am officially a part of the S7E camp. Picked up my Black Onyx AT&T unit last night. Still in the process of setting it up. I did a smart switch, and everything seems to be there, but I think this weekend I am going to FDR and set it up from scratch. While I was lucky to be able to pick this up last night at Best Buy, the one I went to was all sold out of any and all S7E cases and screen protectors. So for now, I am using a naked device, with the exception of the plastic wrap that is on the back. The front one had some "Don't text & Drive" message on it, and peeled off as soon as I tried to put it in my pocket, so I had to remove it. The back is starting to do the same now. I had to order cases and a screen protector from Amazon, so I have to wait until Friday to get protection on this one. It's super slippery for me right now.

Has anyone else had any issues getting accessories at the same time of exchanging their device?
    10-19-2016 01:44 PM
    As I stated in another thread here, I am officially a part of the S7E camp. Picked up my Black Onyx AT&T unit last night. Still in the process of setting it up. I did a smart switch, and everything seems to be there, but I think this weekend I am going to FDR and set it up from scratch. While I was lucky to be able to pick this up last night at Best Buy, the one I went to was all sold out of any and all S7E cases and screen protectors. So for now, I am using a naked device, with the exception of the plastic wrap that is on the back. The front one had some "Don't text & Drive" message on it, and peeled off as soon as I tried to put it in my pocket, so I had to remove it. The back is starting to do the same now. I had to order cases and a screen protector from Amazon, so I have to wait until Friday to get protection on this one. It's super slippery for me right now.

Has anyone else had any issues getting accessories at the same time of exchanging their device?
    At my att they had accessories, but I just didn't want to pay for them. Lol
    10-20-2016 03:11 AM
    Go to Best Buy. They have the 935u (the unlocked US version) I am on T-Mobile and you will get VoLTE and wifi calling with 0 bloat. When you put your TMobile Sim in, it will automatically download an update for TM.

As a bonus, this phone can be used with ANY carrier.
    10-26-2016 01:23 PM
    Go to Best Buy. They have the 935u (the unlocked US version) I am on T-Mobile and you will get VoLTE and wifi calling with 0 bloat. When you put your TMobile Sim in, it will automatically download an update for TM.

I wasn't sure if the WiFi calling would work for me on AT&T and I personally wanted black, so I just took the hit and opted for the carrier branded one.
    10-27-2016 09:18 PM

Most Best Buys don't carry the unlocked version in stock in the stores but you can simply order it. They have a couple colors in stock right now. I live in FL and very few stores within 250 miles of me ever have the unlocked version.

They also have them on sale a lot too. I think one week I saw them for $739. I wish I would have ordered a unlocked one from Best Buy instead of paying more to buy it from Tmobile when I exchanged my Note 7. I think the Edge purchase is what jacked my refund up too.
    10-27-2016 09:36 PM
    It's just so easy to goto T-Mobile and swap out the phone. I usually disable the bloatware and it's not a concern really. T-Mobile bloatware really isn't that bad anyways. It's just getting my hands on a s7e right now is a pain. They want us to get rid of our phones and ultimately get another samsung but there's no stock! Oh well, I'll wait till next week.. also my bank doesn't support samsung pay and I don't really use credit cards either.
    Hope you get your GS7E soon. I have a carrier branded GS7E and I am quite happy with it.
    10-27-2016 10:45 PM
    Most Best Buys don't carry the unlocked version in stock in the stores but you can simply order it. They have a couple colors in stock right now. I live in FL and very few stores within 250 miles of me ever have the unlocked version.

They also have them on sale a lot too. I think one week I saw them for $739. I wish I would have ordered a unlocked one from Best Buy instead of paying more to buy it from Tmobile when I exchanged my Note 7. I think the Edge purchase is what jacked my refund up too.
    That's not true actually all the best buys close to me have the unlocked versions in stock. Also they carry three different colors of the us version Olympic, gold and silver now. I'm typing from the us version I picked up from best buy 3 weeks ago
    10-28-2016 07:21 AM
    I last saw the unlocked version at Best Buy for... $769, I believe.
    10-28-2016 10:29 AM
    That's not true actually all the best buys close to me have the unlocked versions in stock. Also they carry three different colors of the us version Olympic, gold and silver now. I'm typing from the us version I picked up from best buy 3 weeks ago
    What region are you in? I live in Southwest Florida and when I checked a few days ago hardly any of the stores on the West Coast had them. Only one store in the Tampa metro area said in stock, and I think one store in Bradenton had it, and another store closer to Orlando or something.

Btw Best Buy sells refurbished unlocked Edges too now. I think they were about $660. This might not be a bad option if you don't want to pay full price for a phone that's been out since March if you plan on getting the S8 next year. I would go with a refurb myself because I plan on getting the S8 Edge possibly if I like what I see, if not I might buy a 7 Plus in the spring then.
    10-28-2016 01:20 PM
39 12