aaaaaannd sold out...

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've come to realize to stay in the samsung realm, the s7 edge is the no brainer. Say what you will but it's a smaller note 7 with out the s pen. Small differences in software but the same. That being said... I've called 4 T-Mobile stores and they are sold out. Any one else in the same boat? I don't want to get rid of the N7 but it's time and I put my tail between my legs and move forward and wait to load all my info to my S7E to only upload to the future note8? Samsung is a great company. There was a oversite and well.. it happens. Hope to see most of you in the note 8 forums.. Salute!🍻

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Why not buy it unlocked? I couldn't even imagine getting the carrier version of anything that was available elsewhere unlocked.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Why not buy it unlocked? I couldn't even imagine getting the carrier version of anything that was available elsewhere unlocked.

That's true of carriers like Verizon, but he's on T-Mobile. The phone is non-carrier branded. It just says "Samsung" and "Galaxy S7 edge" on the back. Bloatware is minimal. Plus, he can only use Samsung Pay if he gets the carrier version.

That's it in a nutshell... plus he can eventually have the phone unlocked.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's true of carriers like Verizon, but he's on T-Mobile. The phone is non-carrier branded. It just says "Samsung" and "Galaxy S7 edge" on the back. Bloatware is minimal. Plus, he can only use Samsung Pay if he gets the carrier version.

That's it in a nutshell... plus he can eventually have the phone unlocked.
Samsung Pay doesn't work if it's unlocked?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy sells unlocked S7 Edge models and even has sales on them from time to time too. Cheaper than buying it from tmobile even at their regular price. However hardly any stores have them in stock around me and if they do they go quick and have to order it.

I would buy the US unlocked model from best buy.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well you definitely don't have all the information. US unlocked models have been available for a few months now which work on all carriers with Samsung pay and all.

Yeah, did not know that. Got mine way back in February. Couldn't have Samsung pay on the unlocked models yet. Definitely an option for him then... it'll look exactly like the T-Mobile version anyway, but no bloatware. May just come down to the best price/lease you can get.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
It's just so easy to goto T-Mobile and swap out the phone. I usually disable the bloatware and it's not a concern really. T-Mobile bloatware really isn't that bad anyways. It's just getting my hands on a s7e right now is a pain. They want us to get rid of our phones and ultimately get another samsung but there's no stock! Oh well, I'll wait till next week.. also my bank doesn't support samsung pay and I don't really use credit cards either.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I called T-Mobile the other day and they said Samsung is shipping new phones to stores every day. They don't know what colors they'll get but try calling a store in the morning. I think most T-Mobiles get shipments around 2-3 pm . Or at least some that I've called.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
They really do just trickle into the stores every day, then it's first come first serve. If I were any of you waiting for S7E stock, I'd call your area stores every single day.

I got mine on launch day in late February, but called early in the morning first to see if they had the gold I wanted. They had all 3 colors but by the time I got there, they had just 2 left in black and silver and 1 left in gold.

With the Note 7, I had to keep calling every day until one of my area stores got the coral blue in. Keep checking! Good luck.

verendus

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Do a quick search on Best Buy for stock. Unless you need to get the phone on an installment plan, the US unlocked 935U is the best S7E you can buy. Samsung Pay, Wifi calling, VoLTE all work out of the box. People are a bit confused with the international unlocked version (935F) which will not work with any of the US carrier features I mentioned including Samsung Pay. On the other hand, 935U works pretty much with any band and 90% of the global carriers around the world. No bloatware. Better signal strength. Presumably faster update directly from Samsung. I am on T-mobile and BB unlocked phone was a no brainer.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
One more thing, it seems the U.S. unlocked version was only made in silver, so if you go that route, you only have that color option.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Do a quick search on Best Buy for stock. Unless you need to get the phone on an installment plan, the US unlocked 935U is the best S7E you can buy. Samsung Pay, Wifi calling, VoLTE all work out of the box. People are a bit confused with the international unlocked version (935F) which will not work with any of the US carrier features I mentioned including Samsung Pay. On the other hand, 935U works pretty much with any band and 90% of the global carriers around the world. No bloatware. Better signal strength. Presumably faster update directly from Samsung. I am on T-mobile and BB unlocked phone was a no brainer.

And Best Buy also has them on sale from time to time too. When I turned my Note 7 in at Tmobile I got a Tmobile version because none of the best buys in the region had the unlocked S7 Edge. If they did I would have kept using my S7, returned the Note and gone on over to Best buy. I hope the S8 edge is unlocked soon so I can just go buy and unlocked one. Tmobile still has not refunded my Note 7 yet and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth plus they charge a $20 fee to order for you now. I simply want unlocked and not have to deal with the idiots at the Tmobile store.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
And Best Buy also has them on sale from time to time too. When I turned my Note 7 in at Tmobile I got a Tmobile version because none of the best buys in the region had the unlocked S7 Edge. If they did I would have kept using my S7, returned the Note and gone on over to Best buy. I hope the S8 edge is unlocked soon so I can just go buy and unlocked one. Tmobile still has not refunded my Note 7 yet and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth plus they charge a $20 fee to order for you now. I simply want unlocked and not have to deal with the idiots at the Tmobile store.

YIKES! I remember when you said they hadn't refunded your Note 7. They refunded my original Note 7 right away. I just returned my replacement Note 7 yesterday. I have a receipt but it hasn't shown up on my credit card yet. Did you return it a credit card, debit, or cash if you don't mind me asking? Just want to compare experiences... I paid with a credit card.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
YIKES! I remember when you said they hadn't refunded your Note 7. They refunded my original Note 7 right away. I just returned my replacement Note 7 yesterday. I have a receipt but it hasn't shown up on my credit card yet. Did you return it a credit card, debit, or cash if you don't mind me asking? Just want to compare experiences... I paid with a credit card.

Credit card/debit card but ran as credit. My original Note 7 was an order, not in store purchased one. I returned it Sept 14th, but the store didn't ship it back right away. I guess they waited until they got a lot of them and shipped them to the warehouse to be scanned. I got my tax portion refunded Oct 1 but still waiting on the rest. My mom who is the main account holder called 611 again last Thur and tore into them. The supervisor said around next Tue because it can take up to 14 business days. If I don't get it by the end of next week we will go to corporate or I will see if I can dispute the original purchase with the credit card company. This is BS how this whole system is.

tmobile twitter reps said up to EIGHT weeks for refunds on ordered devices. Total BS. I've worked retail before and never had anything take this long. She really tore into them though and they have it noted on my account the refund date.

I'm never pre ordering again. I will drive 50 miles if I have to next time and have them hold it for me so I can simply pay in cash and walk out with my new device. Thank god I didn't decide to get a Note 7 replacement or I'd have to go through it twice.

What irks me is they couldn't simply have swapped the Note 7 and applied that towards my S7 edge and refund the difference, instead they treated it like a whole new sale which is stupid. I shouldn't have to purchase a device again and wait weeks for the refund for the other.

It's like I own two phones still.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup. This is why the second I saw the official Samsung press release on returning the Note 7, I immediately boxed it up and got with Verizon to get an S7 Edge. I knew they'd sell out, and they did

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

One more thing, it seems the U.S. unlocked version was only made in silver, so if you go that route, you only have that color option.
This is good to know now, but also very frustrating to find out after the fact that I had to order on to be shipped directly to my house, because I couldn't locate a black unlocked s7 within 250 miles. Had I known then that the color also indicated features and functionality I would have settled for my carrier locked device and just exchanged for the price difference of the note 7 I paid out right for. I would have preferred the s7 unlocked, but I would also have referred it in Black Onyx. Now I have to try to find another place to order the carrier locked one in black and wait till the other one I ordered gets here, so I can return that and exchange the note 7 for the one I need.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Well... I might be willing to sell my vzw s7e for $50 less than contract price.... ($742) or something... silver

Otherwise... I just pay vzw $50 to turn it in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance