N7 software wish for S7 Edge

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I know that the S-Pen was a big part of it, and likely why I'll end up disappointed, but I really liked the "create your own gif" function.

I'm happy they brought over the custom AOD image (but would like the other notifications in the AOD as well).

I guess I just miss my N7.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Let's wait to see how much gets 'ported'. Now that the Note is dead, they stated that they'll focus on the S7 line to bolster sales and try to get back on track (at least until the S8 comes out), so I'd expect at least a slurry of updates in the next six months.

D_Gabe

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I miss my Note7 too... :( We should be able to exchange our S7 Edge next year for the new Note for a lower price. That would be a great way to convince us to buy the new model.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I miss my Note7 too... :( We should be able to exchange our S7 Edge next year for the new Note for a lower price. That would be a great way to convince us to buy the new model.

They're already giving you 100 bucks just to go to another Samsung, plus keeping any promo items you might have gotten with the Note.

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
One of the software "niceities" that wason the Note 7 that is apparently NOT on the S7 Edge involves the Samsung browser. On the Note 7 when you scrolled the screen a little circle appeared at the center bottom with an up arrow. Tapping it immediately took you to the top of the page. This is not on the Samsung browser on my new S7 Edge. To get to the top you have to scroll, scroll,and scroll some more. Why would there be two different versions of the Samsung browser for phones that have basically the same high end hardware?

D_Gabe

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
They're already giving you 100 bucks just to go to another Samsung, plus keeping any promo items you might have gotten with the Note.

S7 Edge is still a lesser phone than Note7. We bought the Note7 because we preferred more features on a phone. And now we have to settle with the S7 edge.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
S7 Edge is still a lesser phone than Note7. We bought the Note7 because we preferred more features on a phone. And now we have to settle with the S7 edge.
Other than a few software features that are soon to come to the S7 Edge and, of course, the S-Pen, the S7 Edge is pretty much the same experience. If you can get a 64GB version or can look past that, it's pretty much the same phone.

Gunny Fitz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey Folks!
Another VERY upset and bruised Note & owner who just made the move this past weekend due to CONSTANT badgering from VZW, Samsung, local BB Reps, etc. Hell, you all know what I mean seeing those pop up Disclaimer Warnings each time you plugged it in!
I seriously had a hard time letting that Note go, but since they are no longer going to push out any Software & Security updates I felt it was just not worth it all. Also that the new $100 offer PLUS the previous $25 one made it that time (BTW- both VZW & BB stated those monetary rewards will take 3-4 billing cycles to even kick in for everyone too. Like me, you'll probably forget and then BAM-Surprise!
The following is a LONG post I just made in the "Best Buy Note 7 Club" Thread going on. Hope I don't gain any haters due to length or the little side issue I tossed in for levity! ;)
==================================================================================================

On my original Post here - #1413, I noted (No pun intended) my experience at BB and that they said I was NOT mandated to return my ORIGINAL device (Since I never got the replacement) which was working flawlessly too. That I probably would've gone ahead and swapped it out for a S7 Edge if the only color they had was "Rose Gold." So therefore I just left and kept it.

Fast forward to Samsung's $100 incentive and a call into my buddy who is the BB Store Manager there. I explained my dilemma on wanting a Black Onyx one if they are seriously ceasing all support, updates, etc on the Note 7 - which he somehow found in a store about an hour away (ONLY 1 of them in the entire Northern Virginia area too!) So he literally sent an employee to get it, kept it in his office desk, not even accepting it into the store inventory-since you know damn well what would happen if another sales rep saw that in the system!!! Went in there Saturday night. It was SLAMMED in Mobile and due to my Combat PTSD issues (Enough to warrant a TBI & PTSD Service Dog) I just couldnt stand in line that long, so wife and I wandered over to look at new Washers & Dryers.

About 10 mikes later my friend comes up and tells me everything is set for the S7 and I went over and returned everything (Well NOT everything, just the phone and case - LOL) They didnt ask about the stupid Gear Fit Watch Id love to sell to anyone, and obviously the wireless charger works still. All went fine and the VZW Rep on phone stated it would take up to 3 or 4 billing cycles before the $125 in credit incentives made it onto the billing (By that time I may even have forgotten all about that stuff to be honest!)
So now I have the S7 Edge and do admit it seriously is a nice device once one starts working with it (Unless you loved that SPen and used it all the time!) For some reason I think the picture quality is better on the S7 than Note 7 and some of the feedback and speed too! Only drawback is that it doesnt feel as solid and protective in the hands ya know? Gotta get a quality case since I was even told by the Geek Squad Geeks that even when they drop on the Edge (IN a case too) they almost always break! - Which is one more reason why i like Best Buy = their no hassle Geek Squad Insurance Protection is stellar!! I have never had to use it for ANY item I bought there, so I would love to hear anything at all about the Pros & Cons (If there are any?) from anyone?

Oh. May as well add this too. While I was doing my phone thing. My wife found a new LG Washer & Dryer she liked, and without me knowing until i had to sign papers, she spoke w my Manager buddy and negotiated the entire purchase of that too! I nearly fell off my chair when i saw what this friend of mine had done for me. Total discount applied in ways Ive never EVER seen in my life = $1176.18 This made the entire trip and loss of my Note 7 MUCH MUCH less painful, despite dropping another grand + on a sweet Black Graphite Steel looking LG Combo set! Believe it or not, I even got the new Highly Efficient Top Loader with a tub so big one could store a body inside the damn thing!!! (Yes I realize I am WAY off topic but absolutely had to share this with you all) LOL.

Large Capacity Top Load Washer – LG WT7700HVA | LG USA

*Matter of fact- anyone w an LG Washer & Dryer is sought to send me a PM to educate me on them if possible?

So my friends. I must sadly report the end of what I wanted to be the absolute BEST Smartphone Device EVER!! And just something for everyone to keep in mind I suppose to put things in perspective. Not only is Samsung losing BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of money on this major goatF***, but so are the thousands of other manufacturers out there who made stuff for that device too! As far as Im concerned, I am lucky to come out of all this WITHOUT a blown up or cooked phone, a fair trade in program, decent incentives, and the ability to know I had used the 2016 Samsung Note 7 for 3 months before this incident made history! Rest assured that I will also be saved whatever new device they come up with to take on the iPhone 7s Plus or 8, 9s whatever once they fix the QC trouble in Korea!

Stay safe and stealthy out there folks!
We live in a dangerous world where you should always be kind, polite, use your "Please & Thank You's" but ALWAYS have a backup plan to kill anyone who should attack either yourself or your family- Right?
(Marine Corps Humor-just joking to my civilian members!)

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Using Exchange ActiveSync with the Samsung Email app, I had a Reply/Delete option on the notification shade with the N7 which is missing on the
S7E. Really miss that. Have checked all Notification and Email settings/permissions.

Gunny Fitz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
SPOT ON !!!

Since I was more or less "Forced" to return my Note 7 & got the S7 Edge instead, Ive been wracking my brain in search of that Browser - and now see what you just wrote here! I had no idea it was a Samsung Browser and something the Note 7 ONLY had?? That explains that feature thats gone! :(

Back when i had my S5 I was using Dolphin and low and behold I went ahead and installed it on the S7 Edge here, typed in what I could remember on Username & Password - and BAMMMMM! There was everything I used to have in Dolphin which was all saved from years ago with the S5 !!
I just cannot stand using Chrome whatsoever and so happy that I have Dolphin now at least - since we can't use the "Samsung Browser!" THANK YOU!

That little "Circle-Top Of Page" thing was nice but nowhere near a deal breaker for me. Bottom line is I STILL miss the Note 7 regardless and if that article posted here is correct about them Deep Sixing the Note 8 - than THAT SUCKS!!

Oh well. Better make the most of this S7 Edge now I guess. (Still can't find an awesome Magnetic Car Mount / Charger for the life of me (Yes Im in that thread as well here too) :) Lets just keep charging ahead and hopefully find other Apps that bring some better life to the Edge I guess?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance