I finally gave in and traded in my Note 7 for an S7 Edge. Before taking the phone in, I made sure that I had a complete backup to my Samsung account. When I got my new phone, I used Smart Switch, with a cable, to move over the small stuff, and I figured I'd simply resync my music with my PC, but it told me that it would take over an hour to copy over apps and settings, so I figured I wouldn't bother doing that in the store. After all, I had a full backup.

But on the S7 Edge, when I go to "Backup and Reset", there's no section for "Samsung Account" (just "Google account"). Googling implies that there should be. I'm logged in to my Samsung account, and it isn't disabled.

What am I missing? I had a *lot* of apps on my old phone, and a fairly complicated home screen setup, and I'd really rather not have to spend the time recreating it. Also, I'd like to be able to back up in the future.
    dlgus likes this.
    10-14-2016 11:56 PM
    Well, you need to wait for the updates. The S7 only received Samsung backup shortly after the Note 7 was released via software update. So you should check if you have software updates available.
    10-15-2016 01:55 AM
    Well, you need to wait for the updates. The S7 only received Samsung backup shortly after the Note 7 was released via software update. So you should check if you have software updates available.
    Thanks. An update was, in fact, pushed overnight, but I still don't see it. Is there something I need to do to enable it?
    10-15-2016 10:42 AM
    Im having the same issue... so frustrated lol
    10-16-2016 10:37 PM
    Thanks. An update was, in fact, pushed overnight, but I still don't see it. Is there something I need to do to enable it?
    You need to get to the September update. You'll be receiving the updates one by one every few hours.
    10-16-2016 10:48 PM