I've had every Note, since the Note 2 (on launch day every time, I might add). It was definitely a buzz kill having to get rid of the Note 7, and the launch day purchases will now be a thing of the past, after this fiasco.

Anyway, I'm heavily invested in the Samsung line. I have tons of wireless chargers. Love the Gear VR, SD card, etc. No way I'm going without that. Decided to get an S7 Edge. I gotta say, I actually like this phone. The screen is so close in size to the Note 7, it's not an issue. Touch Whiz was better on the Note 7, but I fixed that with Nova Prime, and dialing in almost every single option available. Suppose the main thing I'll miss is the stylus. Didn't use it every day, but when I did, it was very important.

Anyway, this phone should be perfectly fine for the next year or so.
    sweetypie31, Rasimione and AdamHLG like this.
    10-15-2016 01:19 AM
    I'm considering getting one. Currently have a Note 4 but I'm itching for something new. The S7 Edge looks tempting especially since it retains the SD card slot.
    10-15-2016 01:25 AM
    I was surprised at how much I like the S7 edge. I didn't think I could deal with the curvier screen, but it's not bad. And yes it's way similar to the note 7 minus a few features.
    10-15-2016 01:27 AM
    Had an S7 Edge since launch, then a Note 7 since launch. I definitely miss my blue coral Note 7, but the S7 Edge is a fantastic device. In my opinion, only the Note 7 could make the S7 Edge feel like even a slight downgrade. It's almost the same phone.

I do prefer the N7's design and of course the S-Pen, but going back to my S7 Edge definitely softened the blow of having to part with the Note 7.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    10-15-2016 01:51 AM
    I think you will like it.
    I killed my Note4 a few days ago (Water damage) and yesterday got myself an S7 Edge.
    Really didn't know what phone I was going to get when I walked in the store, as I been using the Note line for the past 3 years and loved the screen size and features.
    Played with a few phones in store and lastly with the S7 edge. Found it really to my liking, great screen and very quick. I have even left Touchwiz on it instead of using Nova Launcher.
    Whatever phone you decide on, I hope it meets your needs and is enjoyable for you :-)
    10-15-2016 04:42 AM
    After a whirlwind week returning my Note 7, playing around with an iPhone 7 plus, ordering a Google Pixel, seriously considering the v20, I decided to come back to the S7 Edge. It was my phone before the Note 7 and it was great. The Note 7 was better in every way but we all know that. I will miss that blue coral too, the s-pen, grace ui, better AOD, USB c charging (I bought a ton of cables), better design, slightly bigger screen, and iris scanner. But it's over and it's time to move on. Hopping that Samsung gives us Nougat with Grace UI and an improved AOD asap. That will make me feel slightly better.
    Ken in CA likes this.
    10-15-2016 04:55 AM
    If you can deal without the spen the s7edge is the perfect replacement and closest you'll get to the n7 experience. If you need the spen then the n5 is the way to go.
    10-15-2016 06:59 AM
    It's not a bad transition. I had one before I had the n7. Last night I did reach for my spen... And it wasn't there. 😔
    10-15-2016 07:14 AM
    The Note 7 is more refined, polished phone but the S7 Edge is definitely not bad. I owned it before getting the Note 7 and had bought a Grace UX theme. Using that softens the blow because it least it looks more similar. Glad I bought it then because Samsung has since band that theme saying it was too close (cosmetically) to the real Grace UX.
    10-15-2016 07:32 AM
    The Note 7 is more refined, polished phone but the S7 Edge is definitely not bad. I owned it before getting the Note 7 and had bought a Grace UX theme. Using that softens the blow because it least it looks more similar. Glad I bought it then because Samsung has since band that theme saying it was too close (cosmetically) to the real Grace UX.
    Well crap...I already had phone in hand to check out the theme store...what a bummer.
    Ken in CA likes this.
    10-15-2016 07:36 AM
    After a whirlwind week returning my Note 7, playing around with an iPhone 7 plus, ordering a Google Pixel, seriously considering the v20, I decided to come back to the S7 Edge. It was my phone before the Note 7 and it was great. The Note 7 was better in every way but we all know that. I will miss that blue coral too, the s-pen, grace ui, better AOD, USB c charging (I bought a ton of cables), better design, slightly bigger screen, and iris scanner. But it's over and it's time to move on. Hopping that Samsung gives us Nougat with Grace UI and an improved AOD asap. That will make me feel slightly better.
    There has been an update to AOD in recent days. Playing around with the settings, it looks like there is going to be even further development/updates to make AOD like it was on the N7. Samsung did state they would push updates to the S7 and Edge to get some of the N7 features down the line.

Right now, from what I see, this AOD update gives more clock display options and the choice of different clock and background colors. I also noticed that the song displays on the AOD while playing Spotify, but you can't actually go to the next song or interact with it from the AOD.
    10-15-2016 07:38 AM