It seems that 40% of samsung owners polled said they will not buy another Samsung phone because of the note 7 issue. I find that hard to believe. Buyers have very short term memories. Look at general motors, after that horrendous ignition key problem that literally was killing people and GM execs knew it. They're having a very good year. But should they? In the world of business, its profits first.
    belodion likes this.
    10-15-2016 03:48 PM
    Really depends on who and how they poll.

I can poll this forum and come up with 80% or more that will stick with Samsung.
    belodion, neutron, drusum and 4 others like this.
    10-15-2016 03:58 PM
    I don't use Samsungs myself, but if only they'd make the screen buttons customisable so that I could go bottom left for Back, I'd buy one tomorrow, with every confidence of quality, performance and safety.

Sent from mTalk
    rsmin likes this.
    10-15-2016 04:01 PM
    Really depends on who and how they poll.

I can poll this forum and come up with 80% or more that will stick with Samsung.
    Bingo. Using my S7 Edge until the "whatever it is called" gets released. But definitely getting it.
    shaleem, blackhemi4x4 and Bbarbie like this.
    10-15-2016 04:07 PM
    Right. Kinda like how polls show Hillary is way up and will win the election. Not so fast...

People are stupid. They often times act on emotion, making fickle statements and decisions based off what's going on right now, vs a long term vision.
    mmcclure0453 and mlblack16 like this.
    10-15-2016 04:09 PM
    Good. Maybe they'll lower prices for the next big thing. 😊
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-15-2016 05:36 PM
    Bingo. Using my S7 Edge until the "whatever it is called" gets released. But definitely getting it.
    Yeah I bought the S7 Edge the day it was released. I'll get the S8 Edge or whatever it's called but maybe not on release day. Lol. Actually, I probably still will. No way they will make this mistake again.
    10-15-2016 06:16 PM
    I don't use Samsungs myself, but if only they'd make the screen buttons customisable so that I could go bottom left for Back, I'd buy one tomorrow, with every confidence of quality, performance and safety.

Sent from mTalk
    Hahaha, funny you say that. My first Android device was a Galaxy S4, then S5. When I decided I wanted to try a HTC One M9, it was critical that I could switch the back and recent buttons. It would have been a deal breaker if I couldn't have so I totally get what you're saying. Samsung should definitely have this customization available.
    belodion likes this.
    10-15-2016 06:19 PM
    People might say they will not buy a Samsung now but when the time comes to buy a phone again they will likely be forgiving. How many people swore to never buy a Ford after the Firestone tire recall in 2000/2001?

Samsung is still in the best position to compete with the iPhone. The hardware is superior to the iPhone, the software keeps getting better, and probably most importantly they have their phones at all the carriers. The other OEMs don't have that combination imo.
    10-15-2016 08:08 PM
    Good. Maybe they'll lower prices for the next big thing.
    I like this idea!
    10-15-2016 08:24 PM
    I've never liked Samsung until the Note 7 and now s7 Edge. Honestly for me to come back after this Edge it has to be something very similar to the N7.
    Voxelflinger likes this.
    10-15-2016 08:30 PM
    Yeah I bought the S7 Edge the day it was released. I'll get the S8 Edge or whatever it's called but maybe not on release day. Lol. Actually, I probably still will. No way they will make this mistake again.
    I pre ordered the Note 7. Never again will I buy too soon. I will wait about a month before I buy the S8 Edge or Note 8 to make sure something like this doesn't happen again and I end up getting burned.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:35 PM
    I pre ordered the Note 7. Never again will I buy too soon. I will wait about a month before I buy the S8 Edge or Note 8 to make sure something like this doesn't happen again and I end up getting burned.
    I will definitely pre order again but next time I won't sell my old phone until I know for sure there will not be any issues, which is what happened when I bought the Note 7 and then I was left scrambling trying to find a phone.
    10-16-2016 01:38 AM
    I will definitely pre order again but next time I won't sell my old phone until I know for sure there will not be any issues, which is what happened when I bought the Note 7 and then I was left scrambling trying to find a phone.
    That's why I never pre-ordered or buy anything that was launched to the market. Not matter how great or hot the product it's. I always wait few months later and buy it.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-16-2016 02:18 AM
    The problem is that the pre order guys are the ones who often have more freebies.
    10-16-2016 05:33 AM
    The problem is that the pre order guys are the ones who often have more freebies.
    If the freebie next time is another Gear VR then I'll happily wait. Hasn't been out of its box since May.
    10-16-2016 07:34 AM
    It seems that 40% of samsung owners polled said they will not buy another Samsung phone because of the note 7 issue. I find that hard to believe. Buyers have very short term memories. Look at general motors, after that horrendous ignition key problem that literally was killing people and GM execs knew it. They're having a very good year. But should they? In the world of business, its profits first.
    Most likely polled a group of soccer moms.
    10-16-2016 07:40 AM
    Maybe Samsung will step up huge for the next pre-order because of this. I'm in.
    10-16-2016 09:07 AM
    I think that poll was taken way too soon. People were still reeling from the Note 7 roller coaster ride. I know I was. That's what made me angry-order an iPhone 7+. Two days later I was waiting impatiently at my front gate for the UPS guy so I could run to VZW and exchange it for an S7e.

I can't wait for the next Note to come out! Samsung makes beautiful phones. Nothing out there compares.
    10-16-2016 09:49 AM
    Those 40%, I bet, when the new S8 and Note 8, or Galaxy X, or whatever they may call it comes out, and they'll see how gorgeous those phones will be,they'll learn pretty fast to forgive and forget.
    10-18-2016 04:47 AM
    If the freebie next time is another Gear VR then I'll happily wait. Hasn't been out of its box since May.
    I agree. The VR is pretty much worthless. I have two and only used one of them once and put it back in the box and that was in March.

I did get two free years of Netflix but even that gets old quick. I use that maybe once every two months.
    10-18-2016 06:36 AM