11-01-2016 10:16 PM
113 1234 ...
tools
    I was actually thinking more about the S7 EDGE but I noticed on tmobile site black isn't an option ... I m8ght call a couple local stores to see if they happen to have any black ones in Stock
    10-16-2016 09:26 AM
    If the S7 Edge doesn't work for you and the Note 4 still does, then I would suggest returning the Edge and waiting for something t come along that fits your needs. I went Note 4 to Note 7 to S7 Edge. Liked the Note 7 the best, but I still like the S7 Edge more than the Note 4. But I also rarely used the pen. As for the curved edges, I thing I am the only person alive who likes the curve on the S7 Edge more so than on the Note 7. I like using the edge panels and for some reason I find them easier to use on the S7 Edge.
    10-16-2016 09:32 AM
    I was almost in the exact same situation as you. I upgraded from the Note4 to the Note7. When the first recall happened my carrier lent me a S7 Edge for a month and then I got the replacement Note7.

I played around with the S7 Edge for about 24 before I switched it off and went back to my Note4. I didn't like the S7 Edge for the very same reasons you didn't.

So when the 2nd Note7 recall happened I returned it to my carrier and went on a SIM-only plan. I am not back on the Note4 because IMHO there is no flagship smartphone out there that competes with the Note7, and to some extent the Note4 (sPen, 5.7" screen, QuadHD, 518ppi, 16MP Cam, removable battery, microSD expansion...).

If you're interested you can actually install the full Note7 rom on your Note4. I've done it on mine (N910G) and it runs awesome. It does pretty much everything the Note7 does bar Always On Display (AOD) and fingerscan. But there are people working around the clock to get that running properly too. So if that sounds like something you might be interested in let me know and I'll send a link or something.
    No, I know how to root, and flash roms, the problem is that my USB port has issues, and won't connect to my pc, or fast charge. It only trickle charges really, from 2%-100% takes at least 8 hours.

Hell, if I coulda rooted and had custom roms, I prolly never woulda upgraded to the n7 when I did....

That said, I think I can live with it for a few more months to see what Sammy does in spring.
    Jad Morffier likes this.
    10-16-2016 09:41 AM
    This is total agony..to have a phone like the N7 that is everything you want in a phone, no issues, no heating up...but you have to give it up because it might explode & you have to fly without it..and there is NO phone out there that compares. This is 64GB with a 250GB SD card & an awesome pen..I could do without the pen until the next one, but where is a 64GB phone with SD? I desperately want to keep this until Feb (really forever), but don't know how bad it would be without updates. I never charge at night..this fast- charges wonderfully when needed. I wish Samsung would quickly find a fix so we could keep it. :-(
    10-16-2016 10:00 AM
    Almost in exactly the same scenario.
    I have the Note 4, 24 month contract is honored. Been racking my brains here, I am happy with it, but now I have had a taste of the S7 Edge I am in Love with the Curved Screen and the fact the Screen is Edge to Edge. Also the Camera, the S7 Edge is better than my Note 4 at taking Photos.
    However, if I was to set up a new Contract on the S7 Edge I would be locked in for another 2 years and don't know what next year will bring. I can't afford to buy the S7 Edge outright so contract is only option.
    My initial concern was Note 4 wasn't getting Android 7 Nougat which set up to get the Note 7 in the first place.

My main concerns now are
    a) My Note 4 still has great resale value, I can sell this right now for £200
    b) How much longer, after 2 years, will my Note 4 last. Already I have slight Screen 'Burn-in' where the Notification Bar is because of Boat Browser. Have since switched to Opera Mini as it has the Full Screen Option
    c) I have £50 Credit on my Carphone Warehouse account and with this I would like to get the 128GB Micro SD Card (3 for 2, so also Case and Wireless Charger)
    10-16-2016 10:13 AM
    This is total agony..to have a phone like the N7 that is everything you want in a phone, no issues, no heating up...but you have to give it up because it might explode & you have to fly without it..and there is NO phone out there that compares. This is 64GB with a 250GB SD card & an awesome pen..I could do without the pen until the next one, but where is a 64GB phone with SD? I desperately want to keep this until Feb (really forever), but don't know how bad it would be without updates. I never charge at night..this fast- charges wonderfully when needed. I wish Samsung would quickly find a fix so we could keep it. :-(
    If I was lucky enough to have received my Note 7 Pre-Order in time before Recall I would DEFINITELY be keeping it at least until February/March 2017 NO QUESTION!
    10-16-2016 10:15 AM
    No, I know how to root, and flash roms, the problem is that my USB port has issues, and won't connect to my pc, or fast charge. It only trickle charges really, from 2%-100% takes at least 8 hours.

Hell, if I coulda rooted and had custom roms, I prolly never woulda upgraded to the n7 when I did....

That said, I think I can live with it for a few more months to see what Sammy does in spring.
    I had issues with my Note 4 connecting to PC. USB Driver Update (KIES) and different USB (DATA) Cable worked!
    10-16-2016 10:18 AM
    Just get the s7e. I know it only has 32 on board but with 256Gb sd it works great.
    10-16-2016 10:29 AM
    Ironically, most folks that resist the 7E (like me) is due to the curve. The Note 7 curve was tolerable, but the 7E curve is too much if you play games or watch much video due to the curve distortion. Ditto for web sites like Bluesnews and others with lots of side content. Distorted images and text. Books and comics are very frustrating experiences.

Too bad the V20 display appears to be battery hungry like the V10. Sticking with the Note 4 until something else comes along. Just glad Samsung update the Note 4 to Marshmallow to make it seem new. Also the free 256GB card works nice in it

Still tempted with the V20, but the Note 4 has great battery life with a new battery. Too bad the Note 7 did not have a removable battery. Samsung would be losing maybe one hundred million instead of ten billion.
    10-16-2016 10:38 AM
    I had a Note 4 and I sold it just a few days before the second recall from Sammy went down. I bought a refurbished S7e from an ebay seller. The phone works fine but the battery is not great. It charges slower than the N7 and drains twice as quickly. I don't hate the phone but I don't love it either. I do not have an opinion on what is better, this phone or the Note 4. The Note 4 battery drained quickly as well. So, I feel like I have my Note 4, without the S pen and with the crummy battery but with a better screen with curves. Definitely not ideal. Definitely not a Note 7.

It is going to be a long year ... or however long before a Note 8 or equivalent is released. The best thing about buying this refurb is I am free to jump on the next best Note or Note type phone and I will be right there on pre order day.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-16-2016 10:41 AM
    My Note 4 was the same last year (went to MXPE), but updating to Marshmallow, resetting and getting a new 3220mah battery has made it good. Also makes me notice how weak the signal reception was on the Note 7. None of the LTE issues I had with the Note 7 and less battery drain, since less weak signal areas with Note 4.

Wifi also runs cooler, since seemed odd that the Note 7 ran warm when streaming or downloading with wifi.

A key BTW after updating to Marshmallow (or Nougat), is reset the device to stock and start fresh. Can be problematic otherwise with battery drain and performance issues being an issue.
    10-16-2016 11:00 AM
    I think this is exactly the reason why the screen seems to be a lot smaller than 5.7".
    I really hate the curves.
    10-16-2016 11:39 AM
    I'm guessing most of them never owned a Note 4 to make the comparison. Even if they did, it would be an odd comparison considering how much older the S7E is. They're most likely to compare it with a Note 7, one of the S6 series phones, maybe a Note 5. To me, the difference is clear. The S7E is, predictably, the better device as the newer of the two. Better display, more features, snappier (now), more premium design, etc. Only advantage the Note 4 really has is the S-Pen. If it's that important, stick with a Note. Though I'd go Note 5 over Note 4.
    Ir blaster is nice. Flat screen much better at edges with spen. I'd take the Note 4 any day.
    10-16-2016 11:40 AM
    I wouldn't do the S7E either coming from my N7. That phone just doesn't do it for me. So that's why I decided to go rouge and ordered an IP7 plus 256gig jet black and will be getting it on tuesday. The phone is wicked fast and smooth and just screams. Screen is nice as well despite having much lower res/ppi than our beloved N7. Samsung lost me with all this bs and there just was no android flagship out that I wanted right now. So IOS here I come at least till the Note 8 then we will see.
    10-16-2016 12:12 PM
    I would like to have a link to that please? I'm interested in doing that as soon as I get another Note 4.
    It's gonna depend on what model Note4 you're going to get but this is the one I'm running atm...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...e_pid=68610961
    [N910G/F/T][upated V6]Norma N7 full Port V6
    10-16-2016 12:12 PM
    I totally agree. The mroe pronounced curves are a deal breaker for me. I am constantly catching the left edge and accidentally sselecting things. I already called my carrier and had them note the account I am returning this as soon as the V20 comes out.....unless I impulsively buy a Pixel.
    10-16-2016 12:13 PM
    I considered the pixel but in the end I could not seeing a phone with less features than the N7 being so expensive. Looks like it's gonna be a nice phone but in my opinion is about 300 bucks too expensive.
    10-16-2016 12:18 PM
    I totally agree. The mroe pronounced curves are a deal breaker for me. I am constantly catching the left edge and accidentally sselecting things. I already called my carrier and had them note the account I am returning this as soon as the V20 comes out.....unless I impulsively buy a Pixel.
    Is it only me, but I LOVE the Edge to Edge Curved Screen. This is a plus for me, which is why I would consider the S7 Edge over my existing Note 4.
    10-16-2016 01:00 PM
    I was actually thinking more about the S7 EDGE but I noticed on tmobile site black isn't an option ... I m8ght call a couple local stores to see if they happen to have any black ones in Stock
    You going Edge?
    10-16-2016 01:04 PM
    You going Edge?
    Lol thinking about it. When I got it the first time they didn't have black. I do not like silver so I thought gold would work. It was too shiny.
    10-16-2016 01:06 PM
    During the first recall, I purposely got the S7edge loaner in the color that I wanted to see if I could live with it just in case N7 replacements never came out..... The experience wasn't bad but not good enough to use as an alternative. It felt like I was using a N7 knockoff. Reminded me too much of what I no longer had..
    So during this second recall, I absolutely knew I wasn't going to switch and pay for a S7edge. If I never experienced the N7, it could've worked for me...
    bable and LegalAmerican like this.
    10-16-2016 01:41 PM
    I begrudgingly got the silver. Black was the only color I wanted. Now, if it was backordered, I would have tried to wait it out. We're locked into T-mobile. I'd rather have the wrong color, than a phone I don't want. I'm looking at this S7E as a roughly 4 month rental, so that helps ease my pain.
    10-16-2016 01:50 PM
    I begrudgingly got the silver. Black was the only color I wanted. Now, if it was backordered, I would have tried to wait it out. We're locked into T-mobile. I'd rather have the wrong color, than a phone I don't want. I'm looking at this S7E as a roughly 4 month rental, so that helps ease my pain.
    I'm in tmobile too. I just did not like the shininess of the gold and that silver really not. Grr.
    10-16-2016 01:58 PM
    Why is no one thinking about the axon 7? A lot of us seem to just want a decent phone until the note 8 comes out. I was in the boat of people who only got a note 7 because my note 4 had mmc failures after 23 months of love but my loaner edge7 felt like a step down in every possible way from the note 7 so I wanted something different. After the recall I preordered a pixel xl, compared the pixel to the note 4 and found the note 4 is physically smaller with a bigger screen, then found an axon 7 for 350$ flat. Selling 2 of the 4 256gb sd cards Samsung gave me will pay for this critter

SD820, upgraded audio dacs, sd card, dual front speakers, great screen2body ratio, good company update history, cool built in warranty, metal chassis, soon to be unlocked boot loader, nougat enroute, wifi calling, no fragile edges, and I'm pretty sure I'll get at least 2/3rds of my investment back when I flip it next fall.
    10-16-2016 02:03 PM
    Is it only me, but I LOVE the Edge to Edge Curved Screen. This is a plus for me, which is why I would consider the S7 Edge over my existing Note 4.
    Agreed. Much prefer curved to flat.
    Roman Akert likes this.
    10-16-2016 02:53 PM
113 1234 ...