Thinking about returning my S7 edge.

hansjs

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. The mroe pronounced curves are a deal breaker for me. I am constantly catching the left edge and accidentally sselecting things. I already called my carrier and had them note the account I am returning this as soon as the V20 comes out.....unless I impulsively buy a Pixel.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I considered the pixel but in the end I could not seeing a phone with less features than the N7 being so expensive. Looks like it's gonna be a nice phone but in my opinion is about 300 bucks too expensive.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I totally agree. The mroe pronounced curves are a deal breaker for me. I am constantly catching the left edge and accidentally sselecting things. I already called my carrier and had them note the account I am returning this as soon as the V20 comes out.....unless I impulsively buy a Pixel.

Is it only me, but I LOVE the Edge to Edge Curved Screen. This is a plus for me, which is why I would consider the S7 Edge over my existing Note 4.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
During the first recall, I purposely got the S7edge loaner in the color that I wanted to see if I could live with it just in case N7 replacements never came out..... The experience wasn't bad but not good enough to use as an alternative. It felt like I was using a N7 knockoff. Reminded me too much of what I no longer had..
So during this second recall, I absolutely knew I wasn't going to switch and pay for a S7edge. If I never experienced the N7, it could've worked for me...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was actually thinking more about the S7 EDGE but I noticed on tmobile site black isn't an option ... I m8ght call a couple local stores to see if they happen to have any black ones in Stock
I begrudgingly got the silver. Black was the only color I wanted. Now, if it was backordered, I would have tried to wait it out. We're locked into T-mobile. I'd rather have the wrong color, than a phone I don't want. I'm looking at this S7E as a roughly 4 month rental, so that helps ease my pain.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I begrudgingly got the silver. Black was the only color I wanted. Now, if it was backordered, I would have tried to wait it out. We're locked into T-mobile. I'd rather have the wrong color, than a phone I don't want. I'm looking at this S7E as a roughly 4 month rental, so that helps ease my pain.
I'm in tmobile too. I just did not like the shininess of the gold and that silver really not. Grr.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Why is no one thinking about the axon 7? A lot of us seem to just want a decent phone until the note 8 comes out. I was in the boat of people who only got a note 7 because my note 4 had mmc failures after 23 months of love but my loaner edge7 felt like a step down in every possible way from the note 7 so I wanted something different. After the recall I preordered a pixel xl, compared the pixel to the note 4 and found the note 4 is physically smaller with a bigger screen, then found an axon 7 for 350$ flat. Selling 2 of the 4 256gb sd cards Samsung gave me will pay for this critter ;)

SD820, upgraded audio dacs, sd card, dual front speakers, great screen2body ratio, good company update history, cool built in warranty, metal chassis, soon to be unlocked boot loader, nougat enroute, wifi calling, no fragile edges, and I'm pretty sure I'll get at least 2/3rds of my investment back when I flip it next fall.

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I hate the curved edges. That is the only reason I won't get the s7e. I'm going with the v20.

It scares me if I drop it and screen protectors are a problem. Plus the glass back scares me too.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
..... Though I'd go Note 5 over Note 4.

100% agree... Have had both, and if you can live w/o an SD Card, the NOTE 5 with its 4GB of ram, S-Pen upgrades and what not can truly run a few laps around the Note 4... Not sure why so many are considering N4 over N5 unless its all about the removable battery & sd card (which i agree were surely deal breakers in 2014-2015, but 2016 -2017 i'm finding "not so much"...

I hate the curved edges. That is the only reason I won't get the s7e. I'm going with the v20.

It scares me if I drop it and screen protectors are a problem. Plus the glass back scares me too.

My A9 has a 6 inch glass back but a 5 dollar skin from Sopi takes all the worry out of that...i opted for brushed black but they have tons of designs...

https://sopiguard.com/collections/phones

a9 back-cropped.jpg

BTC

Last edited:

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with my Note 4 connecting to PC. USB Driver Update (KIES) and different USB (DATA) Cable worked!

Yeah, I've tried numerous cables, driver Uninstaller, and reinstall. And factory resets...

Its the USB port...

I have 1 cheapo cable, that if I plug it in just right, it will ac charge, everything else is USB charging.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Waiting on the replacement had the edge for 22 says. Hated the screen. Ran very hot.
Got back the Note 7. Happy.. Then the explosions again.
Note 5 32gig. Ordered 64gig. Won't have toll Nov 15th. Glad Verizon working with me on this. No other phone for me.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Glad that my Edge is running as smooth as my note was and haven't had any issues with the rounded edges. Haven't had any lag issues and my battery is actually a little better than it was on both my note 7's. A couple of features I miss from the Note but no other phone has them and the Edge is the closest experience imo. All the other options were missing key features I need like No Sd Card, wireless charging, camera quality, ability to customize and I love Samsung pay.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
This is why I'm keeping my Note 7 for 2 more weeks until the LG V20 comes out. I don't want to go backwards with my phones even though the S7 edge is a great phone. Moving on at least until next year when I upgrade again..

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like the phone, that is all that matters! Hopefully the "Note 8" will come out soon so you can use that! Would you consider getting a Note 5 from Amazon or eBay?