Thinking about returning my S7 edge.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like the phone, that is all that matters! Hopefully the "Note 8" will come out soon so you can use that! Would you consider getting a Note 5 from Amazon or eBay?

Got my note 4 from Amazon, and 2 weeks later the usb issue...

So yeah, I guess I would consider it, but if I'd rather just use the note 4 I have, and deal with the usb thing. It's not like I NEED to root it, and install a n7 ton to be happy with it, and it generally stays plugged in all day in my car, so plenty of time to charge while im driving around for work.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Some would argue that the V20 would be taking a step back. It's all in your preferences.

Will since we can't keep our n7 phones we needed to get something decent. I had a v10 and I was impressed with it very much. I'm confident the v20 with be very good.

I will miss that s pen greatly, but I wont miss that fragile glass build or the curved glass. I hate the curved glass. I'm always bumping it with the palm of my hand and I fear if the phone drops and lands wrong it will break..... Even in a case.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

100% agree... Have had both, and if you can live w/o an SD Card, the NOTE 5 with its 4GB of ram, S-Pen upgrades and what not can truly run a few laps around the Note 4... Not sure why so many are considering N4 over N5 unless its all about the removable battery & sd card (which i agree were surely deal breakers in 2014-2015, but 2016 -2017 i'm finding "not so much"...

My A9 has a 6 inch glass back but a 5 dollar skin from Sopi takes all the worry out of that...i opted for brushed black but they have tons of designs...

https://sopiguard.com/collections/phones

View attachment 242485

BTC
If they were selling new Note 5 64gb for $300 I'd consider it. But 3000mah battery? Ugh

What is an A9?

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its for use in North America, could be wrong. Not much about it. Seems to be a downgrade, spec wise from an S7 from the little I can find.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol thinking about it. When I got it the first time they didn't have black. I do not like silver so I thought gold would work. It was too shiny.
I tried the 7 edge and it's not the same as the note 7. The back is flat and the screen curve is all the way to the edge. The phone felt uncomfortable in hand to me. It felt better upside down in my hands. Also I would accidental touches when using the phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried the 7 edge and it's not the same as the note 7. The back is flat and the screen curve is all the way to the edge. The phone felt uncomfortable in hand to me. It felt better upside down in my hands. Also I would accidental touches when using the phone.

If course it's not the same. It's not a Note.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Idk... the screen on the n7 was good...

The s7e not so much...

If I could change the thread title, I would, and I would change it to "no way I'm keeping this over priced s7e when I have a mostly working n4"

Aside from the USB thing, my n4 is flawless...

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Then don't buy one. I truly hope Samsung keeps a curved version for those of us who like them.

I'm not. I decided against the s7e because of the curved screen. I'm getting a v20 instead. What I don't like is getting a screen protector on it. (Which seems to be a wide spread issue) and I'm afraid if I drop it, since the edge is exposed it could break easy. Those are my concerns. I like the actual screen itself and what it does.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not. I decided against the s7e because of the curved screen. I'm getting a v20 instead. What I don't like is getting a screen protector on it. (Which seems to be a wide spread issue) and I'm afraid if I drop it, since the edge is exposed it could break easy. Those are my concerns. I like the actual screen itself and what it does.

All valid concerns. The Edge screen isn't for everyone. I don't use screen protectors anymore. I have yet to get a fractured screen.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
All valid concerns. The Edge screen isn't for everyone. I don't use screen protectors anymore. I have yet to get a fractured screen.

I must say, I took the screen protector of my n7 since I'm returning it in a couple weeks and not only does it look so much better, but the s pen is smooth as silk. I'm still tempted for the s7edge....

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I bought into the whole screen protector thing for awhile. And then I realized that it's become a billion dollar industry built off people's fears and OCD. People don't even get to enjoy their beautiful screens anymore.

Not me. And ironically I've never even had a scratch on my last 3 phones.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I got the S7 Edge as a replacement and it's an ok phone but a few things bug me.

-feels a little smaller in the hands, doesn't feel as solid as the Note 7
-the edge is too pronounced, when I go to hit the power button with my index finger I'm constantly launching apps/folders that are on the far right or left side
-home button is not as sensitive, I thought something was wrong with it as there almost seems to be a click before actually making contact and completing the action like going to the home screen. I took it into the store to do an exchange and the rep told me to press the home button more firmly. Kind of made be mad because there shouldn't be that extra click, almost like something is not properly glued or secured with the button, it's driving the OCD in me nuts
-it's a downgrade from the Note 7 in general, the settings section is completely different

With that said, I am getting great battery life (as did both of my Note 7's) and it doesn't get hot at all... even when I did the initial set up and it installed all of my apps. I'm looking at it as I'll be stuck with it for about 6 months to see what the S8 looks like or possibly a year to see what the Note replacement is. Because I'm JOD I may just get the S8 and then pay the upgrade again for the Note replacement.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
While I obviously cannot make notes on S7e, I wonder if I can use my S-pen (Which I will keep) to tap the screen of an S7e bc my fingers are too fat, to reduce typos. I had done that with my GN7 & virtually no typos. I just tested tapping my GN7 keyboard with the plastic back of a regular pen & it only worked 1/2 the time so, that is not a viable option.

No, unfortunately the S-Pen can only be used on the Note series. Notes have a special detector for detecting the S-Pen - it's not a regular stylus. You can pick up any one of hundreds of regular Stylii for your S7 Edge, but none are as precise as the S-Pen unfortunately. Still, they are generally more accurate than fingers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech