Where Is Smart Switch? It's Missing! Total Disaster!

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I finally returned my Note 7 at Sprint. Went to Best Buy got the S7 Edge Pink Gold which was the last one there. Had a heck of a time trying to get it. I think when I returned the Note 7 the guy must of did something wrong. Because it wasn't showing up in Best Buy's system yet that it was returned when it should of been instant. Luckily I suggested that the Best Buy rep take the info off of the receipt. It did work but then we ran into a few more problems with setting up the upgrade to the current plan. This is just the start of the many problems afterwards once I got the phone home.

I had backed up everything to the Samsung Account. I did this the last time with the first Note 7. When I gotten the second Note 7 just went into my account and restored everything. Did it this time but when I went back into my account on the S7 Edge it didn't restore anything! What the heck! Can't I restore backwards to a S7 Edge???

Then I tried Smart Switch. I had many of the stuff on my Galaxy S4 from Verizon. It worked other times. Well guess what? Smart Switch isn't showing up in the Apps! It also doesn't show up when I try doing the search! It does however show up in the Application Manager... I tried uninstalling it from there and installing it again. It still isn't showing up and I can't transfer my contacts and everything now! What's going on?

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
First of all if you say you backed up your data from 1st Note 7 and restored it on the 2nd it should have worked in the S7 Edge too. It shouldn't have any problems. If it doesn't restore try going on the Desktop and login using your credentials and see if you can change some settings. Also try looking out for the latest version of the smart switch.

Also try going to Samsung stock browser and see if your previous bookmarks can be seen. If not then there is really some problem.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
It looks like my messages got restored and my bookmarks as well. But my Contacts and all of my Apps didn't restore. And I know I backed them up.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Have you updated the S7 Edge? Backing up to Samsung Account's Cloud only came to the S7 via an update. So if you just turned on the S7, you still don't have access to Samsung Cloud until after you update.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I believe it did update last night. It was a big update, just not sure if it's the latest update that I got. I did the search for Smart Switch in the Settings and was able to find it and get it working with transfer of the contacts. Still don't get why it's not showing up in the App drawer. That's really odd.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe it did update last night. It was a big update, just not sure if it's the latest update that I got. I did the search for Smart Switch in the Settings and was able to find it and get it working with transfer of the contacts. Still don't get why it's not showing up in the App drawer. That's really odd.
That's the way it's been with recent Samsung phones. It's just part of the system.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Then I tried Smart Switch. I had many of the stuff on my Galaxy S4 from Verizon. It worked other times. Well guess what? Smart Switch isn't showing up in the Apps! It also doesn't show up when I try doing the search! It does however show up in the Application Manager... I tried uninstalling it from there and installing it again. It still isn't showing up and I can't transfer my contacts and everything now! What's going on?

Go to Settings>Personal>Backup and reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira