Always on display update

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Just had an update via Galaxy Apps which has brought the S7 Edge AOD in line with how the Note 7's was (bar the explosiveness, natch).
No, its still not on par with that of Note 7. I don't see alerts except for missed calls and messages. No WhatsApp, Instagram or Email.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd seen some articles on the update that Google Now told me about, but otherwise how was I suppose to know? I tried both updating the phone under settings and updating apps in the playstore and neither method found the update. It wasn't until I remembered to go into Settings - display - AOD and update it from there that I found it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
And really, what's the point of the update anyway? I can't tell a difference and I still don't have notifications on the AOD screen.

Jankovics Norbert

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
hello! my screen is not going pure dark on always on display... preview of always on screen theme is good and the backuground is pure dark, but when i lock the screen, it looks little bit grey colored background.
how can i fix it? i'm on new firmware (1.4.02)

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The main differences I notice are it now shows the battery icon underneath the time (it was above before) and the name of the song that's currently playing now appears below that.

Except there's a bug: "Big City Nights - Scorpions" seems to be stuck in there and is always showing when there is no song playing. When a song is actually playing the correct name shows up though. And still no third-party app notification icons.

I don't get it - what's so hard about back-porting the Note 7 version of the AOD in its entirety? Why are they doing it piecemeal and introducing new bugs?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The main differences I notice are it now shows the battery icon underneath the time (it was above before) and the name of the song that's currently playing now appears below that.

Except there's a bug: "Big City Nights - Scorpions" seems to be stuck in there and is always showing when there is no song playing. When a song is actually playing the correct name shows up though. And still no third-party app notification icons.

I don't get it - what's so hard about back-porting the Note 7 version of the AOD in its entirety? Why are they doing it piecemeal and introducing new bugs?

Its still pretty useless. And yea, I don't understand since its pretty much the same phone why they can't just update it.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Just in case it hasn't been spotted I thought it was pretty clever that you could tap the clock that you want and change colours and backgrounds for it. In fact I wonder if the person that was getting a glow from their black screen actually has a AOD background switched on. They are very subtle. Now if only I could work out how to colourise my main screen clock widget I 'd be happy!

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
It really is kind of baffling that there still is not support for 3rd party apps. I'm largely getting used to this coming from my Note 7 but I'm really missing the 3rd party notifications a lot. Come on Samsung.

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I updated the AOD on my S7 Edge, the only change I've noticed is that the song that is currently playing, using Apple Music shows up under the time.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've disabled it now. I consider the 1% per hour still far too high. If you have it on battery for 10hrs then that's 10% battery drain for not much convenience. They really need to reduce that to at least 0.5%/hr

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Really though, battery drain aside, it really is a fairly useless feature as it is implemented on this phone so I could understand turning it off

Not useless for me. I have it on in the wee hours of the morning so that I can roll over without getting up or wiping my eyes, and know exactly the time of morning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge