shatter S7e screen questions

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
How much does it cost to fix a shattered S7e screen?
Where can you get if fixed?
How long does it take to fix (while you wait or much longer)?
If fix by wireless carrier and takes days, do they give you a loaner?
The verizon guy said something about having to get a new phone if it shatters because of the specialized curved edge (either ~$700 or $300 if under their warranty).
Is the S7e more fragile than most?
I drop my olde iPhone 4s every other month for 5 five years and still ticking with no shatters ever (so far).

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
m sorry to knw about your condition. My friend had a s7 and he also broke his screen. He wnt to the service centre and they told it would cost him $350. So, yes it would cost more than $350 for s7e.
The most secure way would be to get it done from authorised service centres. you can also get it done for sme less in local shops but i would not recommend that. S7e screen sound to be more fragile than the iphones but i can compramise it for the looks. Do handle your s7e with utmost care.

jenne03

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It happened to mine too. I was told the S7 edge was highly durable. I have only had it a month and didnt drop it but it has cracked. Im trying to figure out the same thing. I was told the phone's warranty is no longer valid due to physical damage and that they were no longer accepting phones for repair out of warranty. They told me I could go to a service center in NY. I live in South jersey.

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I traded my note 7 in for the s7e and I've only had it like 4 days and last night it slipped out of my pocket while I was sitting an hit the ground! None the less where it hit the screen shattered and theirs a long hairline crack going across the whole phone from top left to bottom right, thankfully you can only really see that while the screen is off.... I've dropped iPhones tons of times an never cracked a screen... So ya I'd say these are pretty sensitive lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
All glass phone, dropping it the odds are against you. I've had Samsung phones and dropped them and nothing happened. Remember the iPhone 4, glass backs. They shattered, and notice iPhone isn't using glass on the backs now, wonder why.

Reignwolf

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I will quote myself from another topic, since I am obsessed with trying to find a fix for my shattered screen after using the phone for... 3 days.

All I found around is that having the screen cracked in a S7 Edge is dooming the phone to a utterly expensive repair (some company charged $370 to fix my screen) for it's unfriendly way of built. It's a complete pain to disassemble the phone and reglue it back ensuring that's water resistance feature would not be affected.

Other than that, some users are claiming that the screens are getting cracks from the heat during charging or over extended use: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-samsung-galaxy-s7-screen-cracked-itself.html

I am profoundly sad about my lack of luck, but in the end it's just a phone and it will get replaced someday... :'-(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non