I'm learning to cope without the S Pen. Found some workarounds.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had every Note since the Note 2. Had to send my Note 7 back recently, and got the S7 Edge.

I used to do a lot of screen shots and cropping with the S Pen. With the S7, just press and hold the power and home buttons and a screen shot will be taken, with an icon that lets you crop and share. Very easy. Maybe even easier than the S Pen, since I don't have to remove and then put back the pen.

Another thing I did a lot of was taking notes. At the end of the day, my handwriting stinks. I write like a doctor, and it's hard for even me to read after the fact. The stock Memo program has replaced this, and is actually really quick and easy to use... Oh and I can read my notes easily. I put a short cut in my home screen. You could also place one in the edge panel.

Signatures. Haven't found a real good solution yet, other than using my finger and dealing with it not being super pretty.

As for marking up a document, I'll just use the stylus and my Surface Pro 4. It'll be better for that anyway, given the huge screen. It's like actually writing on a full sized piece of paper, vs a toilet paper square lol.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna be OK without the S Pen

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I miss my s pen. Part of my online business is eBay and the page on the app that shows me their shipping address is not able to copy and paste...unless you have a s pen.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You can also load up S Note from Galaxy Apps, all my notes synced over and functions just like before except no S-Pen. I still have my note 5 and may just switch back. The edges are driving me crazy with glare.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
For screen shots, you can enable palm swipe (Settings, Advanced Features); then you just swipe across the screen with the edge of your palm. I use the C pen that I'd bought for my Galaxy SIII when it first came out because it has a hard tip. Unfortunately, it's no longer available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie