accidentally activating from the curve edge, or not ?

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
How big an issue is the ergonomic one of accidentally activating the lower corner of the screen with ones palm due to the gentle curved edge? Problem or not?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't experienced an issue, but I slapped a case on it as soon as I got the phone, even before turning it on for the first time after inserting a SIM, and the case helped a lot in ergonomics.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Agree with all of these...with a case, it's not an issue. I just got mine yesterday and the edges don't seem that much different from the Note7's. I thought it would be more drastic.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep for some reason it's not a problem with a case. Using a case mate and no problem. Was in gear VR and forgot to put case back on and couldn't type in passwords or logins because my hand was holding the edge side. Really annoying. I got a cheap insignia case for my loaner s7 edge back during the n7 recall and it was bad with that case.

I'm sure most of the cases out there Spigen, OtterBox, casemate and everything will be fine. The one I had was basically just a bumper.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't a case defeat the whole benefit of the Edge screen (if one wanted that benefit) ?
Nope. The edge is still there. You're just not touching it while holding the phone because the case extends it outwards a few mm.
Instead of your fingers wrapping around the screen, it's around the bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam