Samsung pay thread part II

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If I have my phone, I also have my wallet, but man do I like Samsung Pay. Use it constantly.
Usually I'll have my wallet in the van but if I happen to forget it, no worries love the surprise on many cashiers faces when it works too. Entertainment value

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
How do you use Samsung pay online? I would like to use my best buy gift card.

Are you referring to a virtual gift card you acquired in Samsung Pay? If so you should have gotten an e-mail when you got the card that will have the code you can just enter into the checkout on the Best Buy website.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I love that "we don't do that yet" or "that won't wormk". Then of course it works and their face is priceless.

I did that once, but to be fair I had not had a customer attempt it before and I didn't know that it was a Samsung. Android Pay had just started to take off here and most people had been asking about that, plus I have people try a lot if ridiculous things on third shift.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The only place I just can't get it to work are at self checkout at Walmart. I haven't tried at a cashier station though.

Side Note No idea why or how, but I am constantly activating Samsung Pay pulling my S7 Edge out of my pocket. It didn't happen once on my Note 7, but at least 75% of the time on my Edge it just activates. No idea how I do it. Anybody else having this issue?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The only place I just can't get it to work are at self checkout at Walmart. I haven't tried at a cashier station though.

Side Note No idea why or how, but I am constantly activating Samsung Pay pulling my S7 Edge out of my pocket. It didn't happen once on my Note 7, but at least 75% of the time on my Edge it just activates. No idea how I do it. Anybody else having this issue?
I was able to get it to work at those self checkouts. I believe I held it closer to the top edge of the swipe strip area. Those are fidgety card a wipers but it'll work

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Doesn't happen to me but I have the screen set to autolock after either 3o seconds or 1 minute

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't happen to me but I have the screen set to autolock after either 3o seconds or 1 minute

So I just figured it out. I went into Samsung Pay settings and the default was to activate from Home Screen, Lock Screen, and Screen Off. I'm thinking maybe the Screen Off setting wasn't on by default on my Note. I turned the Screen Off one off. Hopefully that'll stop it from happening.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little disgruntled that my Samsung pay rewards card didn't work in Starbucks.It kept declining. I don't know whether it was the machine or my card. I'm going to try again in Walgreens tomorrow. Anybody else have that issue?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little disgruntled that my Samsung pay rewards card didn't work in Starbucks.It kept declining. I don't know whether it was the machine or my card. I'm going to try again in Walgreens tomorrow. Anybody else have that issue?
Starbucks card readers are real touchy with the phone. Ive had to retry several times. Usually it worka best if you hold its back at the higher end of where you start the card scan.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
No doubt I've had some serious issues too sometimes but I guess it's because it's somewhat new and still being developed?

Android pay or Samsung pay? I kind of wish there wasn't two different ones but rather just one app.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
No doubt I've had some serious issues too sometimes but I guess it's because it's somewhat new and still being developed?

Android pay or Samsung pay? I kind of wish there wasn't two different ones but rather just one app.

I always delete android pay right away. Samsung pay works so much better. I never have issues using it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Hands down Samsung Pay is the winner here. If you can slife your card it will work thetr, no matter what type or age of the card terminal. Mine even worked on a Square reader on a tablet.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So how do you guys get around the resistant merchant that insists that it won't work, and don't want to try?

I've tried to say, pay by phone, pay by card, and asked if it was set up to swipe my card.

I've had a 98% success rate on getting it to work and surprise people that didn't think it would work. I had one place that the one girl just flat out refused to let me use it because she insisted it wouldn't work. And I had one place that for some reason or another it didn't pick up the scan from my phone within the first 3 tries, so I just went back to my card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca