Samsung pay thread part II

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
So how do you guys get around the resistant merchant that insists that it won't work, and don't want to try?

I've tried to say, pay by phone, pay by card, and asked if it was set up to swipe my card.

I've had a 98% success rate on getting it to work and surprise people that didn't think it would work. I had one place that the one girl just flat out refused to let me use it because she insisted it wouldn't work. And I had one place that for some reason or another it didn't pick up the scan from my phone within the first 3 tries, so I just went back to my card.

Next time someone does that, just leave all your stuff and walk out. They clearly don't want your business.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Next time someone does that, just leave all your stuff and walk out. They clearly don't want your business.
I'm back with Samsung yet again officially as of about 40 minutes ago I just couldn't do it with the v20 I've got my S7 Edge gold back and very excited to use Samsung pay again

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm back with Samsung yet again officially as of about 40 minutes ago I just couldn't do it with the v20 I've got my S7 Edge gold back and very excited to use Samsung pay again

Lol, I must have been gone for a while, lol. Last time I was here, you just came back to the s7e from the N5.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
LOL... Anyone seen my Dramamine? I've got motion sickness...

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
We are chasing what we can't have... I know I'm beyond sad and bummed about the Note 7 and while this edge is working OK it ain't no Note 7 :( for me, I decided it would be easier to give up the note for another Samsung... Less features to lose and/or relearn. And I am definitely willing to try a Note 8 when it comes to market. Maybe I'm being too optimistic (something NO ONE that knows me would ever accuse ME of) but I have to think Samsung will be more committed than ever to hitting it out of the park. Plus fingers crossed we'll see some stuff morph from Note 7 to the edge.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Got to use my Samsung pay tonight at the store and got another $10 Samsung pay Visa gift card reward

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
We are chasing what we can't have... I know I'm beyond sad and bummed about the Note 7 and while this edge is working OK it ain't no Note 7 :( for me, I decided it would be easier to give up the note for another Samsung... Less features to lose and/or relearn. And I am definitely willing to try a Note 8 when it comes to market. Maybe I'm being too optimistic (something NO ONE that knows me would ever accuse ME of) but I have to think Samsung will be more committed than ever to hitting it out of the park. Plus fingers crossed we'll see some stuff morph from Note 7 to the edge.
I too was bummed about losing the N7, but at least the se7 is close in features to the N7 though. My main concern was being able to utilize my free SD card and my wireless charger. I have my n5, but I'd lose the extra space (I still have no idea how I filled up a 64gb phone lol). I'm just happy I could get used to the se7 because I did not think I would. I also would consider the n8 because want to see if they can make it as great as the N7 with the exception of being a fire hazard. Lol

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Are there any USAA customers on here? I was trying to set up my account with my USAA debit card and I can't. I ended up having to call USAA and the rep said there was an issue with what I am guessing is the security certificate number that is generated by the phone. Does this make any sense?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Typically Samsung pay will say "this is not yet a participating bank" or something like that. That happened when I tried to add my old bank. I use Chase now and it's seamless.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Typically Samsung pay will say "this is not yet a participating bank" or something like that. That happened when I tried to add my old bank. I use Chase now and it's seamless.

Yes, they are. This is something that is apparently blocking both Pay apps.

Since my plans to go see Doctor Strange have unsurprisingly died, I will have plenty of time to hound them...

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So how do you guys get around the resistant merchant that insists that it won't work, and don't want to try?

I've tried to say, pay by phone, pay by card, and asked if it was set up to swipe my card.

I've had a 98% success rate on getting it to work and surprise people that didn't think it would work. I had one place that the one girl just flat out refused to let me use it because she insisted it wouldn't work. And I had one place that for some reason or another it didn't pick up the scan from my phone within the first 3 tries, so I just went back to my card.
I open the app and have it at the fingerprint screen. Then I just tell them it's Visa and leave it at that. Once I see the transaction on the terminal, I start using it. Since the cashier doesn't have to do anything different between a card or Samsung Pay transaction, you don't have to tell them anything beforehand.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
820196f18ccb5d65bd86d28626343ecf.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user