Samsung pay thread part II

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I love the feeling i get when it works seconds after they say it wont,,,it almost makes up for when i try it and it doesnt work , then i have to drag out my wallet with a defeated look on my face ! LOL

Lowes didnt accept it tonight BTW , it said card read error

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My previously great Samsung Pay has been pretty flaky since the last update. Worked fine in Home Depot about two weeks ago then wouldn't work this week - same self checkout terminal too.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I went to King Soopers just now. I ended up messing up my first time trying to use Samsung Pay. It was asking for my pin # and I was thinking it wanted the four digits that was next to the card on my phones screen.

I'll know better next time.At least I know it will work. I just won't be getting the $10 Samsung is offering.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Used it again today at Wendy's for lunch. The girl swore they couldn't take it, and ran and got her manager, and he said, we need a card, we don't take apple pay, all the while, I'm laughing and saying I'm paying with my visa. He insisted they needed a physical card, and I was holding my phone to their terminal as he was saying this, and it received the payment, and stopped and said, oh well this time it worked, I didn't know we could do that. Lol

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Honestly it should work anywhere a card is slid.

I did try it at a restaurant the other day, and it didn't work. It said invalid magnet when I tried. I attempted to do it 2 times, neither worked. I can't remember where it was now... hmm.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Serious question here... does anyone know if Samsung pay will work in an Apple Store?

The problem may be in will they let you. Last time I was in an Apple store, they were still using either iPhones or iPod Touches with the credit card scanner attached. Not sure what they are doing today as far as a POS system though.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I love the feeling i get when it works seconds after they say it wont,,,it almost makes up for when i try it and it doesnt work , then i have to drag out my wallet with a defeated look on my face ! LOL

Lowes didnt accept it tonight BTW , it said card read error

This! I feel like such a tool when it won't work after I assure the cashier it will.